my husband thinks I am getting addicted to loosing weight, w

Options
1235»

Replies

• Gwendalyne
    Gwendalyne Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I think getting to your healthy range is good, but do it w/just exercise and eating healthy...something you can do for life. Turn this into a healthy lifestyle, not just a quick fix...b/c once you stop HCG...you'll gain the weight back if you haven't learned how to eat healthier...It may take longer, but the benefits are better for you
  • teagin2002
    teagin2002 Posts: 1,901 Member
    Options
    Thank you so very much for taking the time to read through the post, these last post really helped.
    I do have one more Q to help me make my decision, and that is what I read online.
    I read that the lower the BMI is the easier it is for the skin to contract. Please keep in mind that in the 6 weeks between each HCG drops not injections rounds the skin does contract dramatically,

has anyone found this to be true?
  • iAMaPhoenix
    iAMaPhoenix Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    HCG for everyone...Call me for a prescription. 1800HAHAHAHAHA.
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    Thank you so very much for taking the time to read through the post, these last post really helped.
    I do have one more Q to help me make my decision, and that is what I read online.
    I read that the lower the BMI is the easier it is for the skin to contract. Please keep in mind that in the 6 weeks between each HCG drops not injections rounds the skin does contract dramatically,

has anyone found this to be true?

I would consult with your doctors about this.... print the article and have your doctor(s) read that.... let them help you with it... if they cant, they can suggest the appropriate doctor who can help you with the validity of what you are reading
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    so my Q is do you think I am being unreasonable to want to keep going with the HCG drops not injections another 2 times one for 50 days with a loss of 30 lbs then again for 30 days with a loss of 20 lbs.

absolutely.
  • Izable2011
    Izable2011 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    I think it's great you are where you are now but I agree with your husband. It would be healthier to lose the weight without the HCG. Exercise and good old nutrition will teach you how to keep it off for good. HCG is not a lifestyle change. Best of luck to you. :flowerforyou:
  • AnninStPaul
    AnninStPaul Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    I think your goal is absolutely reasonable. Have you given any thought to just diet and exercise though? I know you have had success with HCG but maybe doing it a healthier way for that last 50 pounds would actually teach you how to maintain your goal once you get there? Learning healthy food choices and daily exercises and actually applying them to your daily life are vital in maintaining overall health in the long term. Good luck!!

agreed.
  • SportySpiceVT
    SportySpiceVT Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I have read your posts and understand that you are scared about what diet and exercise will do, how slowly it will progress, and how your skin will contract. Diet and exercise is a slow, healthy method, leaving you time to learn, your body time to heal from being starved, and your skin time to contract. Since you will be losing slowly, your skin has time to contract. When you drop the weight too quickly, your skin is left saggy. You are right to be nervous about how well you can handle cutting things out of your diet. That is why we are all here to help. We don't know you, but many of us have take the time to advise you in what the healthy way is. We are here for you to lean on when you are struggling. That is the whole point of this site. We can help you make smart food choices, we can help you on your path of learning how to be healthy. If you have struggled with eating disorders in the past you probably are obsessed about your weight and your husband is probably worried that you will fall back into that. If you are eating below 1200 calories a day you are starving yourself. Your current weight is not unhealthy. You could be healthier, but I emphasize, HEALTHIER, and the HCG drops aren't going to get you there. It is time for YOU to take charge, be a strong woman, do this for you. We are all here to support you. I think you knew in your gut that HCG isn't the best choice and that is why you posted here. Let us support you and help you learn to be healthy. Maybe your doctor can help you understand how skin can shrink or recommend a nutritionist that can help you make a meal plan for your specific dietary needs.
  • stefraab
    stefraab Posts: 402 Member
    Options

I can start the 4 round of HCG in about 2 weeks, he wasn't me to wait and exercise for about 6 months. But I read online if I lower my BMI, now it is 31, to around 20 to 25 my skin will be able to adjust easier to m y new size.

I think he has a good point. I don't see what harm watching your cal intake and exercising could possibly do. Hell, I've lost ALL my weight doing that. You shouldn't really gain weight, unless the drastic HCG diet has effed up your metabolism...
    I do think you should continue until YOU feel fit and healthy though.
  • teagin2002
    teagin2002 Posts: 1,901 Member
    Options
    Ty!
  • dianaskin
    Options
    I have read your posts and understand that you are scared about what diet and exercise will do, how slowly it will progress, and how your skin will contract. Diet and exercise is a slow, healthy method, leaving you time to learn, your body time to heal from being starved, and your skin time to contract. Since you will be losing slowly, your skin has time to contract. When you drop the weight too quickly, your skin is left saggy. You are right to be nervous about how well you can handle cutting things out of your diet. That is why we are all here to help. We don't know you, but many of us have take the time to advise you in what the healthy way is. We are here for you to lean on when you are struggling. That is the whole point of this site. We can help you make smart food choices, we can help you on your path of learning how to be healthy. If you have struggled with eating disorders in the past you probably are obsessed about your weight and your husband is probably worried that you will fall back into that. If you are eating below 1200 calories a day you are starving yourself. Your current weight is not unhealthy. You could be healthier, but I emphasize, HEALTHIER, and the HCG drops aren't going to get you there. It is time for YOU to take charge, be a strong woman, do this for you. We are all here to support you. I think you knew in your gut that HCG isn't the best choice and that is why you posted here. Let us support you and help you learn to be healthy. Maybe your doctor can help you understand how skin can shrink or recommend a nutritionist that can help you make a meal plan for your specific dietary needs.

WOW! Great response.