cereal

Options
What is the best cereal when considering a combination of both taste and nutrition.

Replies

• davschmidt
    Options
    What is the best cereal when considering a combination of both taste and nutrition.
  • OICUDIDIT
    Options
    Honey Nut Cherrios for me...:tongue:
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    I'm not a huge cereal fan but if you are going that route check the label for a whole grain option. I prefer one that's very plain too, cause you can add raisins or nuts of fruit on your own and make it different everyday. Also look for a higher fiber count and a lower sugar. :flowerforyou:
  • zaza54
    zaza54 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure if this is the most nutritious or least-calorie combo, but I like to combine 1/2 cup Raisin Bran with just a sprinkle of Mueslix w/almonds and dates, sometimes a little Cherrios and/or Grape Nuts and then a tablespoon of flax seed from the health food store. I usually add about 1/3 cup of skim or 1% milk. Occasionally, I add some fresh berries too.
  • Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Options
    I love cereal but I don't find it filling and can't stop at just one portion.
    My favs are plain cheerios or corn bran. :flowerforyou:
  • jk_raven
    jk_raven Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I love Fiber One's Raisin Bran. The serving size is a whole cup, so it's easier to stick to just one portion, and it's only 170 calories. Plus with 11g of fiber, its a great start to the day.
  • 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,716 Member
    Options
    I like Kashi's cereal.
  • amccarville
    amccarville Posts: 185
    Options
    grape nuts warmed up!!!!!
  • mcelledge
    mcelledge Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    stay away from sugar sweetened ones like frosted mini wheats even though they have fiber. plain that you can add nuts or fruit to are best. Good ole corn flakes or bran flakes are my favorite.
  • Mom_To_5
    Mom_To_5 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Fibre 1 Honey Clusters, really good, 56% of your daily fibre and only 210 cal. fo1 1/4 cup serving, plus your 125 ml of milk, depends on what type you use, i use 1%
  • Hanna1983
    Hanna1983 Posts: 251
    Options
    Kellogg's Special K Sustain :heart:
  • elfmom23
    elfmom23 Posts: 5
    Options
    Kashi Crunch tastes just like Sugar Smacks!! Love it!!:smile:
  • fishernd
    fishernd Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Kashi Go Lean - High Fiber, High Protein Cereal. It's better for you than Kashi Crunch and tastes great!
  • kel9680
    kel9680 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Banana Nut Cheerios are my favorite, for now at least!
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    All Bran with Vanilla flavoured Rice Dream

Lots of fibre..makes me a regular girl!
  • elli
    elli Posts: 593
    Options
    kashi go lean crunch
  • rlw911
    rlw911 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I love Special K Strawberry! I also eat Multi-Grain Cheerios, Banana Nut Cheerios & Special K Blueberry. I use Vanilla Breeze Unsweetened Original Almond Milk on my cereal. Yummy! :smile:
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    Im a cereal fanatic- I love Raisin Bran-
  • mehapp
    mehapp Posts: 132
    Options
    kashi go lean crunch dry

or plain cheerios with vanilla enriched rice milk
  • Elita
    Elita Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I love cereal, i try to buy a different one every time i go grocery shopping, right now im eating 1/2 all bran with 1/2 honey bunches of oats yummy!