Homemade Alferdo sauce lo cal, lo carb, lo everything! :)

Options
13»

Replies

• cabaray
    cabaray Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    Sounds great, thanks for sharing!
  • blynnblair
    blynnblair Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    awesome thanks for posting!
  • 3ball
    3ball Posts: 338
    Options
    You mean I can eat fettuccine alfredo? Awesome!
  • bmccrory2
    bmccrory2 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    bump
  • MelissaSel
    MelissaSel Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I make an alfredo sauce using Greek yogurt:

2 tsp unsalted butter
    3 garlic cloves, minced
    2 tsp cornstarch
    3/4 cup chicken broth
    1/2 cup grated parmigiano-reggiano
    3/4 cup 2% Greek yogurt
    Salt and freshly ground black pepper
    8 oz whole wheat fettucine

While pasta is cooking, melt butter in a large non-stick saute pan over medium heat. Add garlic and cook about 2 minutes.

Combine cornstarch and chicken broth in a bowl, whisk until smooth. Pour mixture into the saute pan, raise heat and bring the sauce to a simmer, whicking occasionally. Whisk in 1/4 cup of the cheese until it has melted. Remove pan from heat and whisk in yogurt until sauce is smooth.

In a large bowl, toss fettuccine, chicken, and peas with sauce. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Top pasta with remaining 1/4 cup cheese and serve.

Makes 4 serving

Calories: 339
    Fat: 10g
    Fiber: 6g
    Carbs: 44g
    Protein: 19g
  • Jennilvmp
    Options
    bump
  • Rachaelluvszipped
    Rachaelluvszipped Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Thanks! :flowerforyou:
  • CaptainMFP
    CaptainMFP Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing...I think some foods should just be as they are and properly made from-scratch Alfredo is one. I won't be trying this (I'm clearly an Alfredo snob) but I love to see people finding ways to make indulgences more accessible. I just want my Alfredo to be a genuine indulgence. :wink:
  • mltdown
    mltdown Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing...I think some foods should just be as they are and properly made from-scratch Alfredo is one. I won't be trying this (I'm clearly an Alfredo snob) but I love to see people finding ways to make indulgences more accessible. I just want my Alfredo to be a genuine indulgence. :wink:

haha I totally agree, but I like to have my cake and eat it too. :) If I can save 100 or 150 calories changing something so I can have something extra by george I will! But i agree there is nothing as good as the real thing
  • MelissaSel
    Options

haha I totally agree, but I like to have my cake and eat it too. :) If I can save 100 or 150 calories changing something so I can have something extra by george I will! But i agree there is nothing as good as the real thing
  • MelissaSel
    Options
    (New to this... sorry about the above).

Some things I will not change. If I can't have the real thing, I just won't have it. I love butter, but I choose to forgo things that are better with butter, like potatoes, corn, and bread rather than to indulge in butter. On the other hand, I find it challenging to try to re-create indulgent foods and make them healthier. I like Hungry Girl, but her over-use of artificial sweeteners, mushrooms, and fat free mayo and sour cream are a turn-off.
  • hfrost1978
    Options
    bump