LESS Alcohol ~ DECEMBER 2023 ~ One Day at A Time

Options

Replies

• Michieb125
    Michieb125 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    @globalhiker your post is so inspiring that I want to catch that wave! You are on your way especially with your AF choices. So good.
  • ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,053 Member
    Options
    Michieb125 wrote: »
    @ahoy_m8 So very sorry for your loss of a life long friend, I’m sure your situation is extra hard with the extenuating circumstances. May you find wisdom and peace to get through this.

Thank you very much. Wisdom and peace are exactly the things to get through this smoothly. Thank you, and thank you to @globalhiker , too.
  • MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,553 Member
    Options
    @ahoy_m8 my condolences for your loss, and now situation. I hope you can get through it all.
  • ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,053 Member
    Options
    @MissMay That looks fantastic. I will look for that, too. Thank you very much for the condolences. I decorated our tree today, and my friend gave me so many ornaments and things in my home. Lots of reminders of happier times.

@Michieb125 I totally get you on the family drama. You sound super aware and astute of all the dynamics. You are wise to contemplate the modeling aspect for kids/grandkids. Whatever you decide, I hope you have safe travels and a really joyous (if dramatic) celebration with your family. It sounds fun.
  • Womona
    Womona Posts: 1,605 Member
    Options
    @ahoy_m8 I’m so sorry for your loss, especially when compounded by pushy friends in her life. Hugs.
  • Womona
    Options
    @MissMay do you mixe the cucumber Fever trees with anything? It’s not my favorite, but I’m sure I’m missing something. Help a girl out!
  • MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,553 Member
    Options
    Womona wrote: »
    @MissMay do you mixe the cucumber Fever trees with anything? It’s not my favorite, but I’m sure I’m missing something. Help a girl out!

The cucumber I have not mixed it with anything. To stretch out the grapefruit I have mixed it another sparkling water my husband drinks(I can not remember the name)

Putting it in the right size stem glass tricks my brain. A small enough glass to fill it almost to the rim. Not a big glass with too much empty space because then I feel deprived. Silly huh? Yet for this gal the trick works and I don't waste those 4 tiny bottles all at one sitting.
  • 2timesacharmmfp
    2timesacharmmfp Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    @ahoy_m8 I'm so sorry for the loss of your friend- I hope the decor and memories associated provides some comfort this season.

@MissMay I have the Sparkling Sicilian Lemonade, Lime Yuzu, and Blood Orange Ginger Beer - all make delicious mocktails and yes putting it in a fancy glass helps! Went over my goal Saturday due to a kid free holiday party, yesterday was similar but not as much in one sitting (beers with lunch then wine with dinner) - planning AF through Thursday this week so I know I'll be enjoying a few mocktails this week
  • Womona
    Options
    xbowhunter wrote: »
    Not having a good December with Alcohol! :(

Thankfully I have maintained my current weight. My plan is to be AF for the next 4 days to get back on track! :)

AF - 1
    A - 9

Cheers!

Oh I hear ya! It is hard with all the holiday parties. At least you’re maintaining your weight, so that’s something!!!
  • Womona
    Options
    @MissMay the glass matters SO MUCH!!!! Right? Good point about remembering when we were crushing our goals not too long ago. Makes me feel better!

@Michieb125 great job! Glad it was laughs and fun for most of your family time.

@lmlmrn wow that wrapped sourdough sounds amazing!

AF tonight- I’m not counting that one sip of my husband’s wine. Finally! Also hit my protein macro goal for today. Double bonus points! Woo hoo!