Intermittent fasting for women/30s

Options
I'd love to hear others' opinions on intermittent fasting, specifically women. I'm trying to lose weight and I am having the hardest time. I tried macros, low cart etc. and it didn't work (along with a lot of exercise). I've started 16/8 fasting. My question is - if you're on a birth control pill is it ok to fast throughout the entire month? How long/often should you fast? I also have a small pituitary tumor, and I'm hoping that isn't hurting my efforts (my doctor said it isn't).

Replies

• yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,394 Member
    Options
    All you need to lose weight is to be in a consistent calorie deficit. How you get there depends. If eating all your food in a limited time compared to throughout the day helps you then go for it. If you still eat too much with IF then it won't. Remember, meal timing and eating windows has no influence on weightloss.
  • musicfan68
    musicfan68 Posts: 1,124 Member
    Options
    All you need is a calorie deficit. If IF helps you eat less calories , then it will work. However, you can still over eat intermittent fasting. You don't need to do a special diet to lose weight. Just eat at a calorie deficit. I would make sure to get enough protein and fats. Carbs can fll in the rest of the calories.

I eat once a day and have fpr about 10 years, only because it fit my busy schedule. I have lost weight and maintained weight doing this.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,918 Member
    edited December 2023
    Options
    I'd love to hear others' opinions on intermittent fasting, specifically women. I'm trying to lose weight and I am having the hardest time. I tried macros, low cart etc. and it didn't work (along with a lot of exercise). I've started 16/8 fasting. My question is - if you're on a birth control pill is it ok to fast throughout the entire month? How long/often should you fast? I also have a small pituitary tumor, and I'm hoping that isn't hurting my efforts (my doctor said it isn't).

Time restricted eating isn't actually fasting, that's a totally different thing altogether. It shouldn't effect anything except maybe being more insulin sensitive, which is a good thing, and your doctor was right imo and it's especially beneficial if you have any inflammatory health issues. Some people manage to eat less as well.