Christmas Countdown Challenge (Closed) - Week #10

Options

Replies

• JustJenn419
    JustJenn419 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Hey all,

Just checking in with all of you. I spent the night in the hospital and am checking out now. I have grad classes pretty much from 1:45 - 6, and then I can finally go home and rest for a bit before getting up at my usual 5:15am tomorrow to get back into the swing of things.

Hope all is well... I'll catch up on the posts later :heart:

Hope you're feeling well :frown: Don't like to hear about bad things from great people. Whatever the issues was/is, don't push yourself too hard until you're 100% again (or at least 99% :wink: )
  • JustJenn419
    Options
    Sorry for it being late and not making the chart. I need to get focused so I can reach my mini goal by my birthday. I have 17 pounds to go which doesn't seem possible but if I can get close I'll still be happy. I need to be dedicated for this next month and maybe the dedication will form a habit and things will get easier for me. Sorry I didn't post any recipes as well. I don't really know any so I'm excited to try out all of the ones that were posted. Thanks for everything Jen!!!

Question- How much money are we supposed to have saved up by now? I lost track :/

First of all, nothing is impossible :wink:

Second, according to my calculations we should be at $35 dollars as of last week's weigh-in.
  • Nita_Bita
    Nita_Bita Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Dancing challenge! Woot!

CW = 166.4

Waist - 36
    Hips - 41.5
    Bust - 38
    Thighs - 25
    Arms - 12
  • azeria
    azeria Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    bump
  • want_it_25
    want_it_25 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Ok I started Jillian Michaels 30 day shred again. Hopefully I finish it this time and see the results that I want.
  • JustJenn419
    Options
    Ok I started Jillian Michaels 30 day shred again. Hopefully I finish it this time and see the results that I want.

I've been starring at that DVD like it is my archnemesis!!! I've started it twice, haven't made it past Day 8. Wanna make a mini challenge together?
  • luvmyjp
    Options

is it hard? I saw it at the store and thought about getting it...
  • luvmyjp
    Options
    :smile: Ok I've gotten into the slump... The last few weeks I know it what I have been eating (a lot of eating out). This week my NSV is to only have 1 meal out (weekly date night with the boyfriend). The hard part is getting exercise in. I know everyone says their busy but dang here is a break down of 1 day for me:

6:30AM: Wake up and get ready for the day
    7:30AM: Arrive to work
    4:00PM: Leave for my internship/class
    9:30PM: Leave internship to go home
    10:15PM: Arrive home
    10:30PM: Spend time with boyfriend
    11:00PM Bed

This is my schedule 5 days a week!!!! Uggg, I just keep thinking 7 more months and I'll be done with my schooling :smile:

When do I fit in exercise??? I try to walk on my lunch break at work but that really is only successful approx. 2 days a week due to my work schedule or weather. I need to really take advantage of the weekends but I also want to spread my exercise out throughout the week.

Any suggestions please!!!!!

Planks only take 30sec to 1 min..drop in the morning before you head to work, do another when ya get home and another before you go to sleep...also when you are spending time with your boyfriend, grab a big yoga ball, put it against the wall and position it right at the top of your butt....lean back on it slightly so when you go to squat down your knees are at a 90deg angle. DONT bring your knees past your feet. Roll the ball up and down by squatting for one min. At the end of the min hold the seated position for 10-15 sec...youll feel the burn. Then lay down, put the ball in your hands with your legs flat on the ground...go up like you are doing a sit up, lift your legs up and grab the ball between your feet, bring the ball down towards the ground without touching the ground and go back up and grab it with your hands and go back to original position WITHOUT RESTING ON THE GROUND! These are almost like situps... repeat this 5 times...at the end keep the feet and ball in the air and try to reach for the top of the ball...do this 10-20 times...hardcore ab work out!! ALL three of these exercises take less then 5 min COMBINED!!
  • shelly650
    Options
    Ohhhh Im so excited!!
  • mollybeslimmer
    mollybeslimmer Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Jenn!! welcome back gal!

Love Love Love the challegnes!
    dancing I can do-even just a wiggle and a hip chceck..lol
  • luvmyjp
    Options
    I was so worried about this week. With court for the divorce, testing for my son (he has a learning disability), meetings, dr appointments and all...But considering its Tuesday, its been GREAT!! My son got a grant to Sylvan Learning Center, Ive decided I cant control what happens at court and my Drs. Ive done my best and hopefully the results will pay off. As far as my weight goes...I cant be happier...the scale today said I am 1.1lb from my goal weight for christmas...my goal for my birthday (in 2 days) was to be at 200...WOW, I MAY just hit my christmas goal by my birthday!! Im not quitting...ill just change my christmas goal!! Perhaps to lose another 20lbs?!?!?!
  • kckramp
    kckramp Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Thanks Jenn, I know you can do this. You seem to be a very hard worker on your job and keeping up with everyone here, encouraging us all. Cleaning up after hurricanes. You are busy taking care of your family and having fun with them. Enjoy the time with your 3 year old, I can't believe how fast mine grew up.
    Love the dancing challenge, working on planks.
  • kristinkt
    kristinkt Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    bumpity bump
  • PositivePower
    PositivePower Posts: 976 Member
    Options

Nice to see you're pic instead of the little blue person outline :bigsmile: I think you guys should have a mini challenge, sounds fun! How long is the work out??? 30 min???

Good Luck!!! You can do it
  • PositivePower
    PositivePower Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    I was so worried about this week. With court for the divorce, testing for my son (he has a learning disability), meetings, dr appointments and all...But considering its Tuesday, its been GREAT!! My son got a grant to Sylvan Learning Center, Ive decided I cant control what happens at court and my Drs. Ive done my best and hopefully the results will pay off. As far as my weight goes...I cant be happier...the scale today said I am 1.1lb from my goal weight for christmas...my goal for my birthday (in 2 days) was to be at 200...WOW, I MAY just hit my christmas goal by my birthday!! Im not quitting...ill just change my christmas goal!! Perhaps to lose another 20lbs?!?!?!

You are doing soooooo GOOD, with all your stresses it is so easy to say "I'll take a Double Cheese Burger!!" I understand the learning thing too!!! My daughter went through testing in 3rd grade and was just on the boarder to get help from the school. She has ADD. We took her to Sylvan and I knew I was in trouble when they gave us loan papers!!!!!!!!!!!!! Major congrats on the grant! We got her a tutorer for a while. She graduated HS...so that's good, now she is in Jr College and is focused on sign language. She really likes it!

I really happy for you!!! Keep up the good work:happy: Things will just keep getting better
  • kjnicol
    kjnicol Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to pop in and say . . .

LET"S KICK SOME SERIOUS BUTT TODAY!!!!

and shake that body on the dance floor!!!
  • Neize
    Neize Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I'm ready to get back motivated with this challenge! My knee problems have ready gotten me down but I have 6lbs to lose and I need to get more dedicated! So, I will start by getting up for my morning workouts again @ 415. Let's get this party started!!! :smile:
  • JustJenn419
    Options
    I LOVE IT!!! I LOVE THIS MOTIVATION!!! I LOVE ALL OF YOUR POSITIVE VIVES THAT I FEEL COMING THIS WAY!!!

BRING IT ON!!! AND KEEP ON BRINGING IT!!!!

:bigsmile: :heart: :bigsmile: :heart: :bigsmile: :heart: :bigsmile:
  • gardenimp
    gardenimp Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    bumpity bump bump!
  • pinkita
    pinkita Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    bumparoo for later :)