Hello!

Options
I am Del,
I am new here and my goal is to get to 180 lbs by the end of 2024!!
I am 28 years old, female, mama of littles and home maker!
I am 5ft 9in tall weigh 317lbs and I am looking to add (friend) other women around my goal (losing 50lbs or more) or those who accomplished this already. I don't have many irl people who understand my struggles. My hubby and my little are fit, eat wonderfully, and in general, I want to be able to match them. I would love so much to be able to be running around with my kids and enjoy an active lifestyle with my family.
I eat organic, cook at home and live frugally. So hiring a trainer and buying meal kits or w.e. is beyond my capabilities. I can however, do at home work outs and get my eating habits healthy :)
I am so happy joining this community and looking forward to the wisdom and friendships I will make here.

Replies

• DawnDenee
    DawnDenee Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Morning World! I am Denee...I'm here to reboot. I lost almost 80lbs about 12 years ago. I felt fantastic and hadn't quite hit goal. I was even doing half marathons which I never thought I would do. I ended up completing 5!!! Then the bottom fell out...some very stressful events occurred and before I knew it I was a back to eating horribly and put all the weight back on. I was diagnosed with hypertension a couple of years ago and discovered the low fat plant based diet which is supposed to get rid of many heart/blood pressure/and diabetic issues. It's basically the diet for life style related diseases. Anyway, a friend and I decided to try Dr Neal Bernard's 21 Day weight loss kickstart. I went to the doctor 30 days after starting it and had lost 15 lbs and had perfect blood pressure. No lie, in just 30 days so I KNOW it works. The problem is sticking to it. I did it for about 4 months, lost a total of 30lbs then fell off the wagon and here I sit at 255 as of this morning :( It was working but I also had a friend doing it with me. They only did the 21 days then quit and now I realize how much I NEED someone to communicate with on a daily basis. It's very important. If anyone would like to friend up...or group up for that matter I am all in! I need to be able to be held accountable...to be able to report in the great things I've done that day or the mistakes I made without judgement but rather encouragement. Anyway, if anyone is interested reach out!