My Reset

Options
Hello,
I'm Kim and I'd like to lose over 100 pounds. My weight has been a struggle for years. I weighed 325 pounds at my heaviest. I currently weigh 281.8 pounds. My medical conditions include high blood pressure, anemia, type II diabetes, and congestive heart failure. Currently, I'm taking several medications and would like to discontinue them all, but I have to reduce my weight first. As my cardiologist has stated, losing weight would enable me to do this. I was seen by my cardiologist and primary care physician recently, and all of my lab results were within normal ranges. My body has the potential to do amazing things. My only hope is that I will be able to stick with it.

Replies

• minizebu
    minizebu Posts: 2,716 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the MFP community. You have a positive outlook and that will help you to succeed, I believe. Good luck with your weight loss and your journey to improved health.
  • jencook1969
    jencook1969 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I also need to lose over 100 pounds. I will be 55 this year, I've been here several times before.. have done well every time, but slip back to same unhealthy habits. Currently at around 265, have lost 8 pounds this week. (The first ten always come off quickly for me). I've stopped sodas, and am doing low carb plus counting calories.. Not keto.. I'm aiming for less than 100g of carbs daily. Nothing is off limits as that tends to cause me to go off the rails. I know this is something that I will battle from now on... So I'm trying to have a healthy eating plan for life... I want to be around for my kids and grandkids. Tired of being tired and feeling and looking like *kitten*. I also smoke, which I want to quit as well. But one step at a time... I really really want to do this...
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,207 Member
    Options
    Set good goals. Then figure out how to make them happen. Measurable goals with deadlines.

Go slow. Don't rush things. This is a long-term commitment. Build good habits that you can keep doing after the weight is off. If you go "back to normal," you can guess what will happen. I hear they call it a yo-yo. Too bad. The toy called a yo-yo is fun. When it happens to our bodies, not so much.

@jencook1969 - Quitting smoking will help your health as much as losing weight. Different part of your health, but why not make a new you?