why does my weigth is up and down by 3-4 lbs

Options
i am trying to the rigth things my is also going back wards why is so i lost between 25-33 lbs for the year and would like lose more i can i do this

Answers

• patdbell65
    patdbell65 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    can everybody give and ideas on this so can set new plan for the new year
  • minizebu
    minizebu Posts: 2,716 Member
    Options
    It is normal for weight to fluctuate by as much as 3 to 4 pounds, or more, over the course of one or two weeks. You might want to focus on your average weight, or a weighted average weight, instead of the actual individual day-to-day or week-to-week weight changes.

There are apps that can calculate a weighted average for you: Happy Scale (IOS), Libra (Android).
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,429 Member
    Options
    Many things can affect your weight: salt, stress, high carb foods, airplane travel (cabin pressure can add several temporary pounds of water weight- even if you don’t eat on the flight!) as can long car drives.

Personally, I’m up a few after cutting loose more than I should’ve during the holidays. But I kept logging so I’d know what the damage was, what the culprit(s) was, and be ready to get back on track tomorrow (tonight is the last exception as visiting kids have asked for “moms fried chicken and mac and cheese”.

How much more do you have to lose?

It can be a pretty rough wake up call to get within 10-20 pounds of your goal weight and learn that loss slows substantially.

Have you recalculated your calorie goal since you lost the first chunk of weight? You’ll need fewer calories the lighter you get. Although, for me, I actually needed more because the lighter I got the more active I got.

You’ve got months of data if you e been logging accurately and faithfully. Study it and put it to work for you!
  • patdbell65
    Options
    I AM STUCK WITH WEIGHT LOSS AND I TRYING DO ON THIS WHY IS SO
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,085 Member
    Options
    patdbell65 wrote: »
    I AM STUCK WITH WEIGHT LOSS AND I TRYING DO ON THIS WHY IS SO

Because everyone's weight tends to vary by 3-4 pounds from one day to the next. Fat loss shows up in the trend over many weeks, not from one day to the next.

I'd suggest you read this thread, especially the article linked in the first post:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10683010/the-weird-and-highly-annoying-world-of-scale-fluctuations/p1
  • patdbell65
    Options
    where can plan eating plan that will not coast me arm amd leg eating heather or better it hard on my budget and need eat plan that can work with 2400 cals so new help with this and have time with time with breaskfast because i get up later in day mid am hrs and and i like luch better then luch so use am food for luch and eat more snacks in late afernoon why is this why do i do on this
  • patdbell65
    Options
    i not good cook and simple ways to eat on lower income buget do have any ideas on and work ways to eat on buget and live better and eat as well can budget around $300 for food or $400 would be better for mouth i am single i am 58 on live on disabity income so need on this and work with the 2400 cals or less i lost 25-30 and would like lost more weight i 5-9 and weigth 217-214 i am 59 white male why is rigth weight more me and will like lower my meds as well is a diet that will be use to work with and fun with and workout 3-4 days week 300-400 -200 per workout what is a diet that can work with
  • patdbell65
    Options
    what kind of workoutsthat are simple for me i did walking starmaster and rowing machine and gym bike and hard time with weight training and like workots class and workouts that work all parts of workouts and i person that whats to workouts and i think about can help with this as well i work out at ymca and there is class and workouts that can try whick ones that work out to
  • patdbell65
    Options
    with my age was is best workouts are for me i am 58 yrs old male 5-9 and my i am214=217 right now i many lbs so work for i lost 24-25 lbs so far and my body and weight are struck right now why shound i do on this
  • carmenls104
    carmenls104 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello 👋 my name is Carmen,very new to mfp.i need to know how to delete a food in my lunch log that i put in twice.
  • AnnPT77
    Options
    patdbell65 wrote: »
    where can plan eating plan that will not coast me arm amd leg eating heather or better it hard on my budget and need eat plan that can work with 2400 cals so new help with this and have time with time with breaskfast because i get up later in day mid am hrs and and i like luch better then luch so use am food for luch and eat more snacks in late afernoon why is this why do i do on this

You don't need fancy expensive foods to lose weight. Any food, eaten at the right calorie level, will result in weight loss. You can start by logging what you eat now, then decide which foods it would be easiest to reduce in order to hit your calorie goal. You can eat any number of meals and snacks, and it doesn't matter what times of day you want to eat them, as long as they add up close to the right number of calories. It doesn't need to be exact calories, either, just close. Plus or minus 50 (approximately) would be fine.

This thread describes how to do that approach:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10636388/free-customized-personal-weight-loss-eating-plan-not-spam-or-mlm/p1

That will not be the best plan for everyone - not single plan is perfect for everyone. But it's one approach you could consider. A benefit is that it is very flexible, so it can be affordable, not require much cooking, etc.

Nutrition is important for health, but that's about your overall way of eating. There are less expensive, healthy options: Cheaper cuts of meat or fish, canned meat or fish, frozen vegetables, and that sort of thing are less expensive in most places, and very nutritious.

• AnnPT77
    Options
    Hello 👋 my name is Carmen,very new to mfp.i need to know how to delete a food in my lunch log that i put in twice.

@carmenls104, you would get better answers if you post your own thread, rather than posting on a thread like this one whose topic is completely unrelated.

To delete a food from your diary, it matters whether you're using the MFP app on a phone/tablet, or the MFP web browser version. If using the app, it may matter whether you have Apple or Android.

On the Android app, you long-press the item in your diary, then you'll get a pop-up option to delete it. On the Apple app, I think you might need to swipe on the item instead (not sure - I don't have Apple). In web browser MFP, there's a minus sign on the right of the food in your diary: Click on that to delete.