Anyone Fasting

Options
debsfran
debsfran Posts: 97 Member
Hi
I'm planning to start the Michael Mosely Fast 800. Anyone else doing it? What are your macros set at?

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,195 Member
    Options
    I thought Mosely had a recommendation . . . maybe something like minimum 50-60g of protein, max of 20g and the remainder fats? In free MFP, at 800 calories, I believe the closest percent settings would be 25%-30% P, 10% C, 60%-65% F. Then treat protein goal as a minimum, carb goal as a maximum, let fat intake float to balance calories.

To be clear, I didn't do fast 800, wouldn't do fast 800, have reservations about whether it's a good idea, but do sort of understand the rationale. For myself, I don't like things that are unpleasant, and Fast 800 would be unpleasant to me. On top of that, I have athletic performance goals (did even when obese) that wouldn't be well served by under-fueling. Simple moderate calorie reduction worked just fine for me, obese to healthy weight and in maintenance.

If you think Fast 800 will work well for you, I support you trying it. I've seen some people here try to extend the ultra-low calorie goal beyond that brief start-up phase. I do think that lengthening's a questionable idea, unless severely obese to start plus under close medical supervision for deficiencies or complications.

Best wishes!
  • LindsayGii
    LindsayGii Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    35% protein, 20% carbs, 45% fat. This isn’t a set in stone number although as the other reply said, treat carbs as a ceiling, protein as a minimum and be a bit flexible with fats.

I lost over 15kg with Moseley’s method a few years ago and kept almost all of it off. Doing Fast 800 now to get back into the habit of it in a more disciplined way.

Good luck!
  • MsCzar
    MsCzar Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    I didn't do the branded Michael Mosely Fast 800 - but after a recent re-gain in the amount of Far Too Much, I spent two weeks doing IF (16:8) and keeping to about 800 calories. Keep in mind that I am older, female, short and rather sedentary most of the day except for ~15-20 daily minutes of medium cardio while low calorie fasting. Result: I lost 17.5 lbs/~8 kgs in two weeks. I assume the initial drastic scale drop (6 lb) was water and waste, but the next 11 lb. came off in steady increments.
  • debsfran
    debsfran Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your replies - your advise and insights are well appreciated. I only plan to do Fast 800 for the 2 weeks as a kick start then I plan to do 5:2
  • angipep
    angipep Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I'm diving straight into 5:2 alongside dry January. Fasting mondays and thursdays. Need to lose 10+ by end February.