NSV: half-marathon!

Options
I just completed a half-marathon on Sunday and ran pretty much the entire 13.1 miles! Though I've been walk to work most days for the last year, I had never run a mile since probably gym class in freshman year of high school. I only started running in June, sort of using the C25K as a guideline and then transitioning to Hal Higdon's novice half-marathon training program. I completed it in 2:18 and feel absolutely amazing! I've definitely got the bug now! So pumped!

ibx6ag.jpg

35lzv2e.jpg

Replies

• MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    You should feel amazing - that's incredible! Congratulations!
  • talecca
    talecca Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    That's amazing!! Great Job!!
  • sophjakesmom
    sophjakesmom Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    That is great!!! congratulations!!
  • arc918
    arc918 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    Way to go! And be warned, half marathons are a gateway drug...
  • sjostrich
    sjostrich Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Sorry the first picture is ridiculously gigantic!

295501g.jpg
  • sjostrich
    Options
    Way to go! And be warned, half marathons are a gateway drug...

I can believe it! That was my first and my friend already suggested we do the Paris Marathon in April! :P
  • runnermel
    Options
    so cool and congrats!!! that is a great time! I love running half marathons!
  • soccermum75
    soccermum75 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    That is an amazing accomplishment. Congrats! :flowerforyou:
  • nuttyfamily
    nuttyfamily Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Honestly, you are a ROCK STAR ;)

I am running my first one and am aiming for 2:30! I started running last year and do not feel ready even though I have been training for it.

Congrats and good job.
  • thedeegan4
    thedeegan4 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    That is an amazing accomplishment!!!! I hope to achieve the same goal someday! Congrats!
  • TinaDay1114
    TinaDay1114 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options
    WAHoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!! :love:
    I was supposed to run my first one in early September, but a fractured heel set me back a few months -- I'm gonna live vicariously through you until I do mine in the spring!!!!!!!!!!
  • CountryGrrrrl
    Options
    That is a great time!! I am doing my first half marathon Oct 16 and am super nervous. I have been training since May, and did my first 5k in 34 minutes... then my first 10k in 1:10. So I'm hoping for 2:30 or better!! Friend me if you wouldn't mind giving some encouragement :) I have a marathon in March I am eyeballing...LOL
  • lisapickering
    Options
    Congratulations!! It's a great accomplishment!

And yes they are addictive! I am going to Disneyworld this weekend to run one. It's a decent distance to train for yet still a challenge.
  • rockstarginaa
    rockstarginaa Posts: 1,529 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I'm running my first on Sunday :)
  • sjostrich
    Options
    Honestly, you are a ROCK STAR ;)

I am running my first one and am aiming for 2:30! I started running last year and do not feel ready even though I have been training for it.

Congrats and good job.

You'll have an amazing time! :D Just go whatever speed is comfortable and the adrenaline will take care of the rest!
  • mcjabber
    mcjabber Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    There's nothing like crossing a finish line! And great time, too!
  • sarahkbarnes
    Options
    Huge congratulations and great time!!! I love the half - my favourite distance!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!