January Start Weight: 310.4
    January Goal Weight: 305.4

Jan 1: 310.4
    Jan 8:
    Jan 15:
    Jan 22:
    Jan 29:
    Jan 31:

Here's to new beginnings. A new year, a new me. Happy New Year!
  • staceykc123
    staceykc123 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I need this accountability. I have a long journey ahead of me!

January Start Weight: 285
    January Goal Weight: 280
    Ultimate Goal Weight: 175

January 1: 285
    January 8:
    January 15:
    January 22:
    January 29:
    January 31:
  • Fiszy2
    Fiszy2 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Count me in too!

January Start Weight:
    January Goal Weight:
    Ultimate Goal Weight:

January 1:
    January 8:
    January 15:
    January 22:
    January 29:
    January 31:
  • KenBobGtx
    KenBobGtx Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    πŸ˜€
    My first challenge/ first online activity

January Start Weight: 252.6
    January Goal Weight: 242
    Ultimate Goal Weight: 200

Walk 30 minutes per day

January 1:
    January 8:
    January 15:
    January 22:
    January 29:
    January 31:

πŸ˜€

• deepwoodslady
    deepwoodslady Posts: 10,871 Member
    Options
    240_F_691813881_oFC8kwzKnfWtJJ7DscXiANS77Tj1b80A.jpg
  • deepwoodslady
    deepwoodslady Posts: 10,871 Member
    Options
    So I've been putting some thought into this chocolate gift from my youngest daughter..... I think I know what may have happened. Sometime in December she & I were out of town together and I ran into an Aldi's to pick up my dark chocolate. They have a brand called Moser Roth which comes in various amount of cocoa and cocao. I will buy it as high as a 90% content although this last time it was 70%. She asked me about it because of my diabetes and I told her that I find having a square at night helps to stave off my chocolate cravings and that the extra benefit is that it is an antioxident.

I have noticed that in all that chocolate she bought, most of it is dark chocolate. Of course, having a Lindt dark chocolate truffle is not the same as having a 70% or higher cocao piece, but I'm sure she does not understand that because I did not fully go into it or explain it to her. I'm sure she thought it would be something I would love and something I could really use.

What she doesn't know is that I don't eat a square EVERY NIGHT for 365 days. I eat it on occasion when it fits into my macros and when I have a particular craving for something sweet. This is why I like that brand. When you open the bar up, it actually consists of about 5 smaller separately wrapped little mini candy bars that contain 2 squares. It is easy to break it apart, keep the other half in the wrap and put the wrap back into the main bar for safekeeping. It keeps it fresher than just buying a big hunk of a bar. (I'll post a pic for clarification). Anyway, I don't think her gift was an attempt at being brutal. I just think she has misunderstood and so my intention first and foremost is to explain this to her (or the candy may never end).

My plan for the candy is to share with everyone in the family. A little to each family will not be too hurtful. I will ask them not to let her know because she is still quite fragile with all she is going through. Also, I know that she made a big financial leap here that she couldn't afford just to try to provide me something she thought would help. The others will understand and keep it under their hats. I am also going to share the candy with her as she love chocolate, although she is a tiny little person who picks at it and has such wonderful control that I just don't have yet. I will talk to her about my diabetes and explain that I don't eat it everyday. I will ask her to choose some to take home (a lot if possible), whatever is left after this, I will follow Tish's advice ( @tiabirdie56 ) and freeze the rest in my deep freeze that is in the garage since I actually can use some of it. However, I need to keep only the darkest of chocolate since that is where I have the most control. I am not CRAZY about dark cacao so the control is built-in. I know that this plan will not be the most popular with many of you, but I think it can protect my daughter's feelings, be a blessing to some of the other kids/grandkids and still help me to, especially since all my cacao has to be bought out-of-town. I absolutely will not pawn off too much to just one person to create problems for someone else. I will be careful and thoughtful.

Well that's my plan and I'll do my best to stick to it. I've worked too hard on my weight AND by glucose numbers so that will be my guiding force and light going forward. I've had many good ideas on a couple of different challenges and I thank you all for your input. By combining some of your ideas, I think it's a good plan. I will be having ANOTHER talk with my daughter, but this time I will explain things better to her and leave no room for questions. She is not a sabotaging kind of person, honestly. She is just a little thing that does not understand the challenges I face as an obese person (food control). Her heart was in the right place this time I do believe. As for the wine, I will have no problem controlling that. The Martini & Rossi Asti (sparkling wine) is one of my favorites. She bought little 4 packs of that which provides about 2 nice pour wineglasses each. That will last me a long time. She also bought one large bottle which I will not pop open until I have a social occasion or family gathering where it can be shared. Control with alcohol is not a problem for me.
  • beckee75
    beckee75 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Great way to cheer on others and get some motivation to stick to my goals.

January Start Weight: 164.9
    January Goal Weight: 160
    Ultimate Goal Weight: 140

January 1: 160
    January 8:
    January 15:
    January 22:
    January 29:
    January 31:
  • jrowens3102
    jrowens3102 Posts: 29 Member
    Options