Need to lose 2 stones, please join me 40s Jan 2024

Options
40s guys and gals please join me!!

I had success using this app before losing over a stone and walking 10000 steps a day. Then had a bereavement so eaten and drunk waaay too much .
I’m ready to start again and feeling positive for 2024 . I live in the West Mids, 43, currently 12.7 😟

Replies

• Ruthparks158
    Ruthparks158 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Stone?
    Is that like a "pound" ... Or some set amount of weight?
    Or is it myfitnesspal lingo?
  • shawks3645
    shawks3645 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Stone?
    Is that like a "pound" ... Or some set amount of weight?
    Or is it myfitnesspal lingo?

A stone is 14 pounds
  • BenCHarrison1981
    BenCHarrison1981 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Same here except I have 3 stones to Lose, lets get this done.
  • BenCHarrison1981
    Options
    Im getting back on my IF-16/8 to help curb calories as worked for me previously.
  • shawks3645
    Options
    I need to get back into a small size 12 for my holiday in June in Greece so i can eat all the lovely food 🤣 Ive tried IF and i know it works but how do you deal with the hunger? Im thinking just go to bed earlier?
  • QueenZeeIsm
    QueenZeeIsm Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely back on trying to shake this weight. Have about 20kg to lose. Could use some motivation for the journey ahead. I literally have no excuses. Just have to get it done.
  • ruqayyahsmum
    ruqayyahsmum Posts: 1,514 Member
    Options
    I jumped back in with both feet on the first, spent to long pissing about
    Used to weigh 27st 6, currently weigh 16st 11 but would like to not alarm people on holiday in may 😂

I bought a 90 day weight loss journal to have something to do with my hands in the evening and planned to hit up national trust places to walk all week....... Pissing it down here today so I'm going to do a Leslie sansone walk at home video in a bit
  • Lildarlinz
    Lildarlinz Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Hiiii!

Me too!
    I was 9st 5 and after being put on medication…I gained 2 stone and I am now 11 stone 5 and have a cruise in May 🙈

I was at my happiest at 9st 5 x
    I did start in September 23 and lost 10lb…but I gave up…but I thought you know Christmas was coming I wanted to eat and be merry!
    So now I’m back on it :)
    Had a nice day yesterday as we had buffet food at work but I ate it in moderation :) and within my calories :) just did myself a little plate on my break :)

So I’m being good this year!

:) I did try IF before and lost the weight :) we’ve brought loads of gym stuff for home too which helps :) xx

Good luck xx
  • shawks3645
    Options
    Lildarlinz wrote: »
    Hiiii!

Me too!
    I was 9st 5 and after being put on medication…I gained 2 stone and I am now 11 stone 5 and have a cruise in May 🙈

I did start in September 23 and lost 10lb…but I gave up…but I thought you know Christmas was coming I wanted to eat and be merry!
    Had a nice day yesterday as we had buffet food at work but I ate it in moderation :) and within my calories :) just did myself a little plate on my break :)

:) I did try IF before and lost the weight :) we’ve brought loads of gym stuff for home too which helps :) xx

Good luck xx
    Hiiii!

Me too!

Good luck xx

Hi, that’s the problem with some medications, why can’t it do the opposite? Ive stuck to my calories today and done 12000 steps so good start to the year, gym tomorrow 🤔 x
  • yecal23000
    yecal23000 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    shawks3645 wrote: »
    Hiiii!

Me too!

Good luck xx
    Hiiii!

Me too!

Good luck xx

Hi, that’s the problem with some medications, why can’t it do the opposite? Ive stuck to my calories today and done 12000 steps so good start to the year, gym tomorrow 🤔 x

• yecal23000
    Options
    How did you get 12000 steps in one day?
  • yecal23000
    Options
    I need some encouragement with consistency. I usually do good for a couple of weeks then stop.
  • cortsworld
    cortsworld Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Have 3 to lose myself! Let’s do this 😁
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,239 Member
    Options
    yecal23000 wrote: »

Start with one. Then ten. Then 100. Then 200. Pretty soon, you'll have walked 5.5 miles (about 12,000 steps).
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,637 Member
    edited January 3
    Options
    250 steps an hour takes about 3 minutes. Over a day just getting up for these 3-5 minutes per hour can help you bag 3,500 steps!

Each half hour of deliberate walking.... when first getting up, before leaving for work, after arriving early at work, at lunch time, before leaving work for the drive home, before or after dropping off the kids at school, before or after picking them up, when out shopping, before or after dinner, before going to bed.... each half hour you manage to squeeze in a walk it could be good for another 2500 to 3000 steps.

They ALL count.

You don't have to put on the track suit and use special equipment in order to add some meaningful movement to your day*

*assuming you ARE physically able to; because yes, some people aren't physically able to; but that's not the majority.

For myself becoming more active was a deliberate decision. At times hard fought for. Leading to changes in my life. And it was a catalyst to vastly improving the quality of my life over these past almost 10 years.
  • chrismurray408
    chrismurray408 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi there! 40s f with about 20lbs to lose (1.4 st). I’ve use this app in the past and it worked really well. I’m a little disappointed that the barcode for scanning food doesn’t work anymore unless you purchase the premium program. Oh well, I am just gonna stick with the basic one for now, unless I think I need the other..
  • shawks3645
    edited January 3
    Options
    yecal23000 wrote: »

Easy, didn’t have my car today so i had to get the train to work and walk.. Walked around on my lunch break then walked around the shops after work. Took the long way home rather than the short cut. It does add up

• BenCHarrison1981
    Options
    shawks3645 wrote: »
    I need to get back into a small size 12 for my holiday in June in Greece so i can eat all the lovely food 🤣 Ive tried IF and i know it works but how do you deal with the hunger? Im thinking just go to bed earlier?

Yeah after a few weeks of doing IF I kind of lose the hunger pang, its the evening that's the hardest. Sometimes a glass of water with a pinch of Pink Himalayan salt helps cravings and yes an early night also helps.