Bariatric

Options
Hi! Since having my surgery about 10 years ago I have slowly been regaining most of what I had lost so in the past two weeks I got back on my Bariatric diet and I have lost 13 lbs in two weeks. My dietician said Bariatric patients can gain weight quicker then people whom have not had the surgery but the positive thing is we also lose weight quicker then they do.

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome!
  • Tony_2381
    Tony_2381 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi. I am pre-op. Currently doing my diet phase. I have completed my required visits and now 5-6 months of learning to eat before surgery. BTW Columb, OH, Mt. Carmel
  • mrsstougard
    mrsstougard Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am 5 days post op and will begin my full liquid diet on Monday.
  • CyndyLeeForFreedom
    CyndyLeeForFreedom Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I had the sleeve 10 years ago. Wish I hadn't. I'd love to be friends
  • TashaRenee606
    TashaRenee606 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi, I’m pre-op and working on my diet trials. My surgery was postponed due to me gaining weight. I’ve joined a gym and just looking to meet new people and get some motivation.
  • faithhopeloveu2birds
    Options
    I had the sleeve done December 12 2023
  • lois1231
    lois1231 Posts: 331 Member
    edited January 3
    Options
    I had roux en y bariatric surgery in 2001. Never was a big loser, went from 293 to 220. Over the years my weight has fluctuated from my highest weight ever of 314 pounds to 220 back to 292 back to 230 and currently now at 250. I am starting again, hopefully this time I will be successful. Add me for motivation if you want and or friendship, I recently just turned 61
  • gr33nEyedNymph
    gr33nEyedNymph Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I just got approved to move into stage 2 and met with my surgeon and have to do 6 mo ths of dietician visits which haven't started yet. I'm excited and nervous. I'm going to be getting the sleeve.