also new

Options
After a quad by-pass 2 years ago at age 55, you'd think I would have learned...but I am still carrying an extra 45 pounds. Today I am beginning my lifestyle makeover, to a new and healthy ME! I'm psyched! My nurse practitioner led me to this site and I am so grateful to be here.

Replies

• sandhillcrane
    Options
    That's terrific!!! I'm glad you are here! It makes this seem fun with new friends! I have lost 14 pounds in a month. I don't know how it happened so quickly, but i'm not complaining. For me, I think the difference here is that I feel accountable for everything I do and that has helped tremendously!
    Good luck. Add me as a friend if you like! :flowerforyou:
  • Maura5
    Options
    Good afternoon! This is a very friendly, supportive place to be. I've gotten suggestions on my diet that I never thought of on my own. I've gotten down & discouraged but all of my MFPals rally around & lift my spirits. A nice bunch of people. You can add me if you'd like :-) Stick with it...it works!
    Maura
  • BigIrishGuy
    Options
    Hey Rosie,

Everyone in here shares the same thing in common - the wan't to change. Its a great place, you will get on great! logging is such a great way to keep yourself motivated.

Eamonn, from Ireland
    Best of luck!!!