Why is Kate Hudson now appearing on my MFP app and how do I get rid of her?

Options
I don't know or care who she is but she has just started appearing in my app taking up a good portion of my phone display. I pay for the premium MFP in order not to have to put up with annoying, meaningless advertising.
So MFP is now scamming its customers by introducing intrusive adverts even in the premium addition.
Please MFP get rid of her from my app FFS!

Answers

• amyhuynh812
    amyhuynh812 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Thank you for bringing this up. I agree with you completely. I pay for premium service and I’m getting a picture of Kate Hudson on the MIDDLE of my where I log my food. It’s such an eye sore.

I can completely understand why it’s appearing on a free version but this is premium app where I literally paid, so I don’t receive unnecessary advertising.

MFP, you should really consider removing this advertisement immediately.
  • ZiggyPiggy69
    ZiggyPiggy69 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've been using this app since 2013 and am ready to start looking for a new solution. This Kate Hudson ad and all the crashes/reloading that needs to be done is awful.

Why pay an annual fee for this bad programming and annoyances.
  • brandon465
    brandon465 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    If you subscribe to the plan (it took twice for me), Kate Hudson goes away but she’s replaced with a count your steps “ad” in the middle of your food log. This just started for me on January 1. I really really need this to go away or I will find another app to use. I pay for premium to not have to deal with these garbage ads!
  • Mpaster7
    Mpaster7 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    brandon465 wrote: »
    If you subscribe to the plan (it took twice for me), Kate Hudson goes away but she’s replaced with a count your steps “ad” in the middle of your food log. This just started for me on January 1. I really really need this to go away or I will find another app to use. I pay for premium to not have to deal with these garbage ads!

Agree! Keep the log clean and without distractions.
  • claireychn074
    claireychn074 Posts: 1,347 Member
    Options
    You all know this a members’ forum right? You need to message MFP directly - this is for members to help each other. I’m afraid that regardless of how annoying she is, none of us can remove Kate Hudson!
  • LiveOnceBeHappy
    LiveOnceBeHappy Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Is there any way to get rid of the News Feed? I'm kind of compulsive, and I hate the list of STUFF. I feel like I need to delete them, but it's far too many. Yes, I'm the person with no un-read email in any of my accounts!