Options

Replies

• cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,042 Member
    Options
    cowsfan12 wrote: »
    Are they charging for podcast now?

Aren't we grumpy this morning

Not grumpy - just curious is all - i forgot to quote twitch previous post 😂 - I’m actually feeling great this morning - ready to attack this day with enthusiasm unknown to mankind! Nah I’m sayin?
  • ryannxtlvl
    ryannxtlvl Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I hate hate HATE the trial and error of marketing! Marketing ads are expensive as it is and trying to figure out what works and what doesn't gets to be costly and frustrating.

Needed to vent that as I just had an ad finish that yielded nothing. on to the next ad lol.
  • cowsfan12
    Options

Aren't we grumpy this morning

Not grumpy - just curious is all - i forgot to quote twitch previous post 😂 - I’m actually feeling great this morning - ready to attack this day with enthusiasm unknown to mankind! Nah I’m sayin?

I nah whatchu sayin!

Your enthusiasm within these words is actually very contagious! You have a great day my friend ☺️

You too!
  • itchmyTwitch
    itchmyTwitch Posts: 3,828 Member
    Options
    Some of them and I think they have a lot of nerve
  • This_far
    This_far Posts: 536 Member
    Options

I'm a sucker for Radiolab and This American Life. Both free, which is the most I'll pay. Also like Fresh Air. Just listened to a retrospective of John La Carre that was really good.
  • cowsfan12
    Options

I only listen to Theo vonn and some Joe rogan atm but will stop if I got charged lol
  • itchmyTwitch
    edited January 5
    Options

I only listen to Theo vonn and some Joe rogan atm but will stop if I got charged lol

Oh I don’t listen to men even for free 😂

Eta: I subscribe to Alie Ward, Gretchen, Rubin, Dana K. White, and some other woman who is on probation with me right now, because she’s a little bit of a cuckoo bird
  • jbs116
    jbs116 Posts: 746 Member
    Options

I am an avid podcast listener and have not seen any asking for money. I would definitely tell them to *kitten* off or politely unsubscribe if funds are required.
  • itchmyTwitch
    edited January 5
    Options
    jbs116 wrote: »

I am an avid podcast listener and have not seen any asking for money. I would definitely tell them to *kitten* off or politely unsubscribe if funds are required.

Some of them start out by only charging for “bonus content,” but pretty quickly they are moving into charging for all content. I am sensing a pretty strong trend here. I hope I’m wrong.
  • jbs116
    jbs116 Posts: 746 Member
    Options

Some of them start out by only charging for “bonus content,” but pretty quickly they are moving into charging for all content. I am sensing a pretty strong trend here. I hope I’m wrong.

The podcast game is a low barrier to entry business and a high barrier to making money business. Heard that on a podcast.
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options

The podcast game is a low barrier to entry business and a high barrier to making money business. Heard that on a podcast.

😂 it’s no less true for that
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options
    hyyy,
    I did my best to make you seem interesting. It’s not my fault if you fumble the ball.
  • BriansTrident
    BriansTrident Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    I have no problem donating to a podcaster or a YouTube content maker if I enjoy their content. I would never pay for someone in the level of Rogan simply because they get their money from advertising and their contracts. But Im more than happy to toss a few bucks here and there to the smaller lesser known shows who provide me with endless amounts of content daily.

• itchmyTwitch
    edited January 5
    Options
    I have no problem donating to a podcaster or a YouTube content maker if I enjoy their content. I would never pay for someone in the level of Rogan simply because they get their money from advertising and their contracts. But Im more than happy to toss a few bucks here and there to the smaller lesser known shows who provide me with endless amounts of content daily.

Yeah I don’t mind when they mention their patreon or whatever. But I won’t pay for a subscription

Eta: you make a good point though about them being smaller etc
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options
    Lean into the weird
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,596 Member
    Options
    Dayuuuuum, I just had 2 empanadas a co worker brought in because it's the anniversary of her mother's death and apparently feeding others is a thing and they were worth every carb I didn't look up before eating.
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »
    Dayuuuuum, I just had 2 empanadas a co worker brought in because it's the anniversary of her mother's death and apparently feeding others is a thing and they were worth every carb I didn't look up before eating.

I love this tradition that I’ve never heard of before. The “breaking of bread” together is a ritual that has a lot of meaning to me.
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options
    So THAT’S how much caffeine it takes to feel good