Options for dessert

Options
I really like something sweet after dinner and am needing some ideas for some options. Would love to hear your ideas please!

Replies

• TxTiffani
    TxTiffani Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    I like to eat frozen dark sweet cherries at night when I want something sweet. You have have 140g for 90cals which is a lot and it takes awhile to eat them since they’re frozen.

Another thing is mixing a bit of cool whip with some sugar free pudding mix but I don’t know the amounts…I just wing it. You could also do protein powder and cool whip if you needed more protein.
  • Sweetzyd
    Sweetzyd Posts: 822 Member
    Options
    Frozen grapes are also really good! My "go to" dessert lately has been oikos yogurt which is really low sugar, high protein with about a quarter of a box of sugar free pudding mix (Pistachio is my favorite) and a few tablespoons of sugar free cool whip. Sometimes I mix in a tablespoon of crushed chocolate chips. Soo good and I look forward to it every day. I know some sugar free options aren't great for you though.
  • zebasschick
    zebasschick Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    Cherry or vanilla dannon light and fit yogurt. It's so tasty and it's quite plenty of protein. Or I like sugar free Jello chocolate pudding, which is surprisingly yummy hot.
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,262 Member
    Options
    How sweet?

This time of year mandarins are awesome. They are sweet. They aren't baklava sweet. There's lots of fruits that are pretty sweet - dates! Pineapple! Mango!

I bet that if you start working on eating sweet things that are slightly less sweet, you might desire them less and less. Just a thought.
  • Corina1143
    Corina1143 Posts: 2,931 Member
    Options
    Tonight I had pear tart. One Pillsbury crescent roll (flat) with one tiny pear sliced thin on top and baked.
    I've been having cottage cheese cheesecake. I like it with sweet potatoes or strawberries.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,178 Member
    Options
    Everyone is being such a good influence!

In the same spirit: I like frozen mixed berries (still frozen) mixed with plain nonfat Greek yogurt and chocolate peanut butter powder.

I'd also endorse fresh fruit and dried fruit, as others have mentioned.

Not quite in the same spirit, maybe: Yasso Greek Yogurt Bars (frozen) for 100 calories. Just one individually wrapped really special-good chocolate.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,401 Member
    Options
    I’m currently eating a big cold orange (kitchen is unheated) and on exercising days in addition a piece of old, slow matured gouda (not *kitten* like Old Amsterdam but a good product).
  • chloeaurelia
    chloeaurelia Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I quite like preparing a box of sugar-free jelly/jello, and I'll usually stir in a can of lite fruit salad. Can usually get a huge family-sized dish at under 200 cals for the full thing, but of course that'll depend on which brand products you purchase :)
  • csplatt
    csplatt Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    i have a square from a bar of dark chocolate. ghirardelli!
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,473 Member
    edited January 10
    Options
    Belgian meringues by Irresistables (sic) sold at sprouts. Big, crunchy, sweet and only 30 calories each.

Homemade meringues with less sugar or even using aquafaba and less sugar. (I keep meaning to experiment with the granulated sucralose to see if I can get them to zero calories lol.)

Sugar free pudding mixed with greek yogurt. Add a can of puréed pumpkin and some pumpkin spice for a very good pumpkin pie knockoff.

A scoop of low cal vanilla ice cream in a Diet Barq’s. (I make my own ultra-low cal ice cream to reduce further- with no diminution of flavor).

Cottage cheese and fruit. I prefer frozen blueberries because, as the poster above mentioned, they take longer to eat.

A small Cadbury’s Curly Wurly is 98 calories and is a great hit of chocolate and caramel. I bought a case on Amazon for a reasonable price.

If I have no calories left, a Coke Zero over ice, or a hot clear tea. But that seldom happens because I am all about dessert and snacks so I budget them in advance.

Today I’m making a very low cal cheesecake that will be 569 calories for the whole, pie-sized cheesecake and almost 80gr protein. It’s refining an experiment I did over the holidays, which worked but can be improved. (More fruit!) That’ll be dessert tomorrow. Even if we go nuts and each eat half the cheesecake (unlikely) it’s still well within both mine and hub’s calorie allowances.

Get creative. What do you enjoy eating? How can you tinker with it to reduce the calories.
  • Mischante
    Mischante Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Lately my go to snack is a couple of cups frozen mixed berries mixed in with 1 or 2 Light and Fit Greek Yogurts. I mix it all together and the Yogurt freezes and it tastes like a healthy version of ice cream. I suppose I could mix it all together in the blender for a smooth consistency but I prefer it chunky.
  • wahmx3
    wahmx3 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    This is my exact problem! Freezing small chocolates has worked for me some of the time. I'm going to try going to bed earlier and brushing my teeth sooner to see if this helps.
  • SafariGalNYC
    SafariGalNYC Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    Some beautiful luscious berries.
  • lindseyhogan90
    lindseyhogan90 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Birch Benders has a brownie mix that I like for a warm brownie in a mug. I mix in about 2 Tablespoons of that and 2 Tablespoons some egg whites, a teaspoon of sugar free chocolate pudding mix as wel. Mix and microwave for about 45 seconds. It’s about 110 calories and a decent bite of protein. Helps me with the sweet cravings at night!
  • lindseyhogan90
    lindseyhogan90 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    mrsmeteor wrote: »
    AnnPT77 wrote: »

Not quite in the same spirit, maybe: Yasso Greek Yogurt Bars (frozen) for 100 calories. Just one individually wrapped really special-good chocolate.

Seconding this. The salted caramel ones are my favorite

Those things are delectable.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,178 Member
    Options
    mrsmeteor wrote: »
    AnnPT77 wrote: »

Seconding this. The salted caramel ones are my favorite

In the Yasso bars, my favorites are the mint chocolate chip and the cookie dough. I like the salted caramel, coffee chip, cookies and cream, and the one with the fudge swirl in it (forget the exact name), but they're a bit below the first two in yum to me. But variety is good, so I buy varied ones.

They're delicious, and while not a nutritional powerhouse, they have 5g protein which is more than many 100 calorie sweet treats. It will put some people off, but I like that they're sweetened with actual sugar. To me, any of the artificial sweeteners make things taste off, sometimes even unsatisfying. My overall eating style doesn't involve lots of added sugar, so I don't find the usually 9g of added sugar in one of these to be worrisome. For some, it might be a concern.
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,715 Member
    edited January 10
    Options
    -Banana ice cream! Freeze bananas, put on blender with any add ins you like- maybe a tablespoon yogurt, cocoa powder, powdered peanut butter or regular, etc.
    - Hot cocoa- milk of choice warmed with 1 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder and sweetener of choice
    - Medrool Dates! I get them from Sprouts in the bulk bin. Figs are another one ( just be mindful and weigh them!)
    - Avocado moose- avocado mixed with cocoa powder and sweetener of choice.
    - unsweetenedcoain yogurt ( I use either Harmless Harvest coconut or Kite Hill Greek) with crushed dates, nuts, powdered peanut butter or cocoa powder
    - - So Delicious Sugar Free fudge bars
    - - baked Oatmeal with pb powder or pb, protein powder or cocoa powder

Check out " Chocolate Coveted Katie- she has a whole website full of easy recipes and some single serve!
  • loulee997
    loulee997 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I really like something sweet after dinner and am needing some ideas for some options. Would love to hear your ideas please!

Aldi's dark chocolate dessert hummus (has protein, fiber, low calorie) and it tastes like frosting.

Cool Whip and berries

1/2 cup of orange sherbet is only 107 calories and the fat is pretty low.

100 Grand Fun Size Bar--- 80 calories.