JUST FOR TODAY... One day at a time .. Daily Commitment for 2024

Options

Replies

• PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    mytime6630 wrote: »
    My weight history

@PackerFanInGB - I read your last post about being scared for your future, just having all the scarry thoughts that I can so understand. But .. you know.. God is in charge. I have known so many that had stage IV cancer, and have gone through treatments, and are still here 20 years after. I knew someone that the doctors told her they did not think they could treat it ... but the doctors were wrong. She is still here, and still in remission. You are such a strong person.. you have a great attitude.. and you have so much to live for. And ... we are all here praying for you, and sending positive vibes your way. So hang in there dear friend. . know we all love you, and are sending you virtual hugs and prayers, and are always here if you want to vent.

I’m so happy to see you, my friend! Really happy also that you had such a nice visit with your grandson! Sounds like a wonderful time building memories. I would’ve totally gained 7;lbs too! Lol. Nothing like feasting on fast food tho…. I’ve been craving it lately. My taste buds are off and have a metallic taste in my mouth from chemo so it makes it hard to find things that don’t make me nauseous, so I have been craving KFC and I really want a mushroom and Swiss burger from Hardee’s. I’ve not given into the urges though because I don’t want to get sick if it’s too greasy….but it’s on my plan for when mynstomach feels better…. Lol

Thank you for sharing about the people you know who are stil here 20 years out with stage IV. I needed to hear that today. Yesterday during treatment, they had problems accessing my port so had to start treatment through an IV in my arm and that’s all it took for my anxiety to bubble over into tears. I’m trying to be brave but sometimes it’s sitting just right under the surface and I guess I just need to allow myself to feel the feelings. Thank you for the prayers and virtual hugs, and for your support, not just during this time, but over these past years. I consider you a friend I’ve just not met in person. ♥️😊

Have a great day!
    Tracie

• PackerFanInGB
    Options

@pridesabtch - have you already been at that job for a year!

No 6 months, but annual reviews all occur in January.

I thought I missed a whole bunch of time lol

I was thinking same thing, @Snowflake1968 ! I thought that was a really fast year too! 😂

@pridesabtch hope your evaluation went well, sorry about your mom issues. I understand them well. I have a friend whose mother is very narcissistic also and she nicknamed her “momrrhoid”. It makes me chuckle to think of that nickname when I get irritated with my own mom…deep breaths. I hope she feels better and goes to her appointment!

@clicketykeys I hope this class gets lets stressful! Sounds like it’s a good thing it’s not being offered anymore after this semester! (Hugs)
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    Good morning! I had 3rd chemo treatment yesterday so am making goals but if I don’t succeed with some of them, it’s ok. I still want to be accountable…more for healthy habits than weightloss at this point…of course I still want to lose more weight because it contributes to my health, but it’s not priority right now. I did good with the infusions yesterday and so far the side effects are minimal with fatigue being the worst right now. If that’s the worst thing, I can handle it! Here’s hoping and praying it doesn’t get worse. Sorry to be talking about this so much, but it’s kind of front and center of every day right now.

Hope everyone has a great day!

@cschmitz110515 how about those Packers?!! What an exciting game! 🏈💚💛 More snow coming tonight and I heard we are getting dumped on this weekend too, although local weather didn’t say much about the weekend yet. Bean soup sounds really good!

Just for Today (1/10/2024)
    1. 24H Plan NoBS. 😊
    2. 64 oz water
    3. Journal my food and close food diary at the end of the day
    4. Prayer / devotional / journal.
    5. Close exercise & stand rings on watch, but listen to body since I had chemo yesterday and was up most of night. It’s ok if I don’t succeed in this today.
    6. Bills. Update ins at pharmacies. 😊 MyChart msg regarding refills to correct pharmacy. 😊
    7. Appt for injection at 3:30
    8. Home Care / Self Care
    9. Day 2 of Sewing Room Declutter Challenge w/JGID Quilts. Can be moved to another day when feeling better since I had chemo yesterday. .
    10. Evening Routine

2024 Focus: tried narrowing down to one word of the year, but these 4 words keep popping into my head. So I’m going with them as my Focus of year 2024. Believe 🙏🧎‍♀️ Heal ❤️‍🩹 Strength 💪 Thrive 💥

Power Thought: We do what we need to do, so we can do what we WANT to do!
    Deep Breaths: in with YAH, out with WEH. In with God, out with fear.
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,479 Member
    edited January 10
    Options
    @clicketykeys Teachers do so much, thank you! Hang in there.

@pridesabtch Sorry about dealing with your mom. Vent all you want, because it helps. My MIL lived with us once we got married, for 11 1/2 years, and she had advancing dementia, so I know what you're going through. It's not easy. Venting to a few friends and relatives (not hubby's side LOL) helped me greatly.

@PackerFanInGB I remember my dad saying his food tasted metallic when he went through chemo. Glad you seem to be doing better this round. Hugs to you! And yes, those Packers in this season of Love!
    I have been excited to watch this youngest team in the NFL all season, unlike last year, when I could barely stand to watch with all the drama. It's been a tough year, especially to start, but see the learning curve clearly going up, and that's the important thing! Go Pack Go!

Recap 1/9 T
    1) Make navy bean soup for supper :smiley: / log all food :smiley: / 64+ oz. water :s
    2) PT exercises? No time but got 9,164 steps just doing all the other stuff and no dog walk! :star:
    3) Call Mom <3 / text sister <3 / put away Advent candles / pack up nativities ~ all but the biggest one with most pieces, so four boxes packed & stored / pack up Christmas decorations ~ all but one box / after hubby packs fake tree, put in basement storage / dust downstairs / move snowman decorations into empty spaces / read / online finances / review choir schedule emailed by director and update calendar / other? shoveled snow off patio while hubby cleared driveway and walkway multiple times during day/evening, digital decluttering :smiley: TA-DA!

JFT 1/10 W
    1) Leftovers for supper / log all food / 64+ oz. water
    2) Maybe PT exercises
    3) Shovel snow off patio ~ done / wash bedding (cat threw up hairball, thanks a lot) ~ in process / refill bird feeders / pack up last nativity & put in basement storage / pack up last box of Christmas decorations / put remaining three decorations boxes in basement storage / put tins & Christmas books in storage / vacuum downstairs / move furniture back to usual spots / review choir schedule emailed by director and update calendar / review cc stmt & schedule pmt / update budget s/s / read / wash dishes / meal plan & grocery list / other?

Yesterday was quite active, considering I stayed in all day. I finally took a shower late evening, which I hate to do, but really needed. I didn't sleep very well, then heard the snowplow, front end loader and other equipment with beepers clearing snow at the end of our cul de sac a few houses away at 2:30 a.m. I never really slept soundly. So I'm dragging a bit today, and any ideas I might have been considering for basement treadmill are not going to happen. I figure if I get everything else on my ta-da list done, I'll call it good.

About me:
    I'm Carmela
    This is my lifestyle. It's. Not. A. Diet.
    Height 5'4"
    66 yrs old
    Reside in Green Bay, WI, USA

2024 Goals:
    1) Ultimate goal weight 150#... I'll be thrilled if I can get back down to 160# this year
    • Post weekly weigh-in on MFP for accountability. Saturday a.m. is my "official" weigh-in day, and I track daily on a separate app (for the visual). My digital scale only shows half pound increments & I'm too cheap to buy a fancier scale.
    • Take measurements & log on MFP every month end
    2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
    • Try new recipes Unfortunately, no wall oven until mid-Feb or later & sad me, but try slow cooker & stove recipes
    3) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x)
    • Walk dog 3-4 miles, treadmill when necessary in winter, weights/my home version of circuit & other x-training
    • PT (physical therapy) exercises to strengthen arthritic knees & hip flexor
    4) MapMyWalk app You Vs. the Year 1,024km challenge started on Jan. 1
    • In 2023 I logged 726.88 miles, or 1,169.8 km & completed yearly challenge 11.14.23 :star:
    • In 2022 I logged 500.4 miles, or 805km (knee issues).
    5) At least 7,500 steps per day
    • I can earn $10 every month on my Medicare Advantage Plan with 10+ days of 7,500 steps
    6) Participate in my favorite area races ~ I walk, I do not run
    • Registered 12.29.23 for Bellin 10K race on 6.8.24 & eligible to have race fee waived
    • Register for my other usual events, and add other possible events
    7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together
    • Always a good idea
    8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states)
    • Visit parents 1-2 times each month, phone calls in between ~ they're in their late 80s and live 90 miles away
    • Monthly contact with former colleagues/others, now that I'm retired
      1.7.24 HH came over & visited at my invitation
    9) Declutter bedroom, home office, basement, books in living room
    • Not as much progress as I hoped last year, but not worse.

Keeping my Word for the Year: Tenacity ~ persistent determination; the mental strength to resist opposition, danger or hardship
  • itladyee
    itladyee Posts: 3,959 Member
    Options
    Just for Today 1/9/2024
    Limit Alcohol (if any) ✔️
    Track everything I eat and Drink ✔️
    Health Journal Update
    Water > at least 40 ounces ✔️
    Plan how to implement Core Exercises This week
    Hit protein macros - 18 grams short.

JFT Wednesday 1/10
    No Alcohol
    Track everything I eat and Drink
    Health Journal Update
    Water > at least 48 ounces
    Plan how to implement Core Exercises This week
    Hit protein macros
  • more_freggies76
    more_freggies76 Posts: 2,606 Member
    Options
    Hour commitment - After my yogurt, I won't eat again until after 5 pm. None of the same foods at dinner as at lunch. Can still have my dose of metamusal.
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    JFT Thursday - no treats after dinner!
    1. Stretch. Attempt Y class. Duo.
    2. Check with E about student. Draft post about 2023 WOTY.
    3. ELA: FIVE DAY FEEDBACK WHEN PHONES IN/OUT. Review standards! Journal 1 on Classroom.
    4. Planning: Note to Tom Lehrer. Read library book. Enter survey grades and take notes on surveys.
    5. Elective: Logic puzzle. Read article and answer questions.
    6. Email union pres - when is next meeting? Review interview data; look for patterns.
    7. Return grammar practice while students work.
    8. Evening: RETURN DRAGON HOOPS. Return/re-check Patina. CTC play discussion. Dinner: Salad. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    9. Bedtime: Gratitude journal. Duo. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Update JFT.
    10. Goals for this week: Finish ESOL assignment. Get through school. Get through ESOL class. Tweetchat. Podcast. Post to FB for both groups. Write a blog post. Read the play. Create name tents and folios; write back to students. Read Patina and return.
    11. Upcoming: Set up digital portfolio. Get elastic for shoes & take to shoe repair. Discuss Clois & Stuffy. Check in w parents regularly. Get stamps! Need to return the Dolly wig. Need to write blog posts. Contact S about members' displeasure at "being told who to vote for" and requests for info on ALL candidates. Figure out how to pull music from cassette to digital file. Compare costs for ESPs and get D and C to join an org. Hang white wire shelf in small bathroom. Shelves in bedroom. Sash for space dress. Gounod from tape to digital file. When are we going to McKay's next? Take fabric donation. Organize home repair needs list. Put laundry away. Podcast Wed AM. ESOL Wed PM. Check with mom RE dinner. Patrick call 5p Thurs. Thurs CTC 7P. No AM exercise class Fri Jan 26; stay late for basketball concessions.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    End of 2019: 196.4
    End of 2020: 187.4
    End of 2021: 194.4
    End of 2022: 201.2
    Today: 203.4

Long-term goals/progress

1. Professional / read current research. 2. Professional / present at conferences. 3. Professional / publish scholarly articles. 4. Professional / observe student needs and develop supports. 5. Professional / complete a doctorate. 6. Personal / retire comfortably. 7. Personal / renovate house. 8. Community / local progress. 9. Community / time with friends & family. 10. Family concerns. 11. Medical/fitness.

1. Research: Five paragraph essay. How student attitudes affect standardized test results; student surveys.

2. Presenting: Promote YT channel. Invite guests. Record mini-lessons.

3. Publishing: Read one journal article weekly; respond in a blog post. Clois for CWG. S&F for YT channel. Goodreads purchase list for McKay’s. Weekly blog series: Weekly Wishes (Monday) and Weekly Wins (Friday).

4. Observed student needs: Changing words between parts of speech (vocabulary/grammar). Synthesizing info from multiple sources, drawing conclusions (RI/W). EFFECTIVE transitions (W). Every day v everyday; any one v anyone (grammar). Sub/obj pronouns & structure (grammar). Poss v pl nouns (grammar). Short nonfic from Lat Amer/Africa/Asia (World Lit).

5. Doctorate: Research programs, requirements, resources, cost, timeline.

6. Retirement: Update name on JSSB acct. Check investments. Theater CV. Entertainment experience. Duolingo/Lang8.

7. House: Floor joists. Siding. Gutters. Floors.

8. Local progress: Library. Theater. PC2V. City/county govt. Community kitchen. She Should Run vision statement. Union. Dems. Ugly Christmas sweater. Prison abolition; reduce / re-allocate responsibilities dumped on cops. Push for diversity. Turn left!

9. Friends & extended family: Organize photos. Write postcards. Call weekly! Look for activities to do with friends. Purchase doll with long hair; practice French braid. Dance: tap, salsa, samba. Rhythm nation.

10. Immediate family: Clean room; work toward sleeping in room. Clean up behind desk. Drive white car together; practice solo driving. Work on staying home solo when dark.

11. Medical: YMCA classes. Lift @ lunch. Maintain @ 155 w defined muscle tone. At 194, purple All-Stars. 189, 1pr black 1pr white leggings. 179, 2 Svaha Rachel dresses. 169 suit - Indochino? 159 swing dance lessons. Talk to PCP about feet (cannot do calf raises, pushups, planks, mountain climbers, etc.) Why can’t I sleep better? Therapy Mon Feb 5 11A. Dentist May14 11A. Massage Jan 13 630P. Need to RS colonoscopy. PCP virtual appointment Jan 15 1p.

12. Therapy thoughts: I need to talk to my parents about later-life plans (particularly assisted living and funeral preferences). I've never been through something like that and would like to know how to go about making arrangements, but I don't really know who to talk to about it. Identify what I want: to have my professional expertise acknowledged and given the respect it deserves, and to be taken as a legitimate authority. Is it possible to find a faith community that does not include worship? What is the purpose of worship?

13. Just for fun: Start sketching dragon on a pile of books, offering one to the armored knight, & banner that reads "Treasure should not be hoarded / It should be shared." Use AI for ideas.

WFTY: Sustainable. It feels like today should have been Friday. I am NOT looking forward to attempting to have this group of students in the elective trying to do a full-class discussion; I don't know them well yet, and a lot of them just don't want to say anything... but those are the plans I was given! UGH. Might have self-medicated with ice cream. Oh well. At least it's gone?
    2020 WFTY: Progress. 2021 WFTY: Persistence. 2022 WFTY: Focus. 2023 WFTY: Priorities
  • more_freggies76
    edited January 11
    Options
    JFT for 1/10/24 (today)✔️
    1) No desserts ok today (last 1/07). Can have sugar free or no sugar added.✔️
    2) None of DH's stash ok today (including candy, chocolate raisins, peppermint bark, peeps, ice cream, Trader Jo cookies).✔️
    3) No peanut butter ok today, 2.5 to 3 T (last 1/5)✔️
    4) Don't weigh again until 1/11✔️
    5) No hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 1/9). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.✔️
    6) No honey today(1-3 Tbsp.). (last) (a little in honey mustard ok)(last)✔️
    7) Nuts ok (22-30 g) or 12-14 in-the-shell nuts. (last 1/9) Additional nuts in a meal are ok. Like almonds already in green beans.✔️
    8) No beef jerky today.✔️
    9) No chicken Vienna sausage ok today (trying not to have higher sodium stuff everyday)(last 10/28)✔️
    10) Sweet potato and/or pumpkin ok today. (last 1/8)✔️
    11) Only 1 ice drink today.✔️
    12) A few tic-tacs as needed everyday. (No max for now, unless it's a problem)✔️
    13) No Harvest Snaps(22-30 g) ok today. (last 1/9)✔️
    14) No tamales ok today.(last 1/9)✔️
    15) No more than 600 calories for lunch.✔️
    16) None of the cookies my friend made for us! (Leave for DH)✔️
    Hour commitment - I won't eat again until tomorrow.

JFT for 1/11/24 (tomorrow)✔️
    1) No desserts ok today (last 1/07). Can have sugar free or no sugar added.
    2) None of DH's stash ok today (including candy, chocolate raisins, peppermint bark, peeps, ice cream, Trader Jo cookies).
    3) Peanut butter ok today, 2.5 to 3 T (last 1/5)
    4) Don't weigh again until 1/11
    5) Up to 2.0 oz hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 1/9). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.
    6) No honey today(1-3 Tbsp.). (last) (a little in honey mustard ok)(last)
    7) Nuts ok (22-30 g) or 12-14 in-the-shell nuts. (last 1/9) Additional nuts in a meal are ok. Like almonds already in green beans.
    8) No beef jerky today.
    9) No chicken Vienna sausage ok today (trying not to have higher sodium stuff everyday)(last 10/28)
    10) No sweet potato and/or pumpkin ok today. (last 1/10)
    11) Only 1 ice drink today.
    12) A few tic-tacs as needed everyday. (No max for now, unless it's a problem)
    13) Harvest Snaps(22-30 g) ok today. (last 1/9)
    14) No tamales ok today.(last 1/9)
    15) None of the cookies my friend made for us! (Leave for DH)
    16) None of the breton crackers today (last 1/10)
    17) Can eat lunch early due to lunch meeting.
    ================== 4DW started =============
    4DWs (4 Day Wins) are here, in a shared file:

Sample

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hrtqbsOInIWeA9sl8FLnEv-ignY21p8m/edit?usp=drive_link&ouid=108259155343870939869&rtpof=true&sd=true

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,741 Member
    Options
    JFT - Jan 9 2024
    Log all Food - 👿
    1L of water - 😞
    Move - 🙂

JFT - Jan 10 2024
    Log all Food
    1L of water
    Move

@pridesabtch - it must be so hard getting old and being alone. I think that is my biggest fear. It doesn’t make it right that she’s acting the way she is, I understand, my Mom gave my brother a terrible time. Hugs to you. It’s a hard road. Do you have any siblings to help out?
    I’m a Coke girl myself.

@PackerFanInGB - I’m sure I would be in tears all the way through this. I hope you get to sleep lots.

@cschmitz110515 - you mentioning the ta-da list. Has anyone heard from Hannah. It’s funny I see a kitchen sign about dirty dishes and always think of her.

• more_freggies76
    Options
    JFT for 1/11/24 (today)✔️
    1) No desserts ok today (last 1/07). Can have sugar free or no sugar added.
    2) None of DH's stash ok today (including candy, chocolate raisins, peppermint bark, peeps, ice cream, Trader Jo cookies).
    4) Don't weigh again until 1/11
    5) Up to 2.0 oz hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 1/9). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.
    7) Nuts ok (22-30 g) or 12-14 in-the-shell nuts. (last 1/9) Additional nuts in a meal are ok. Like almonds already in green beans.
    8) No beef jerky today.
    9) No chicken Vienna sausage ok today (trying not to have higher sodium stuff everyday)(last 10/28)
    10) No sweet potato and/or pumpkin ok today. (last 1/10)
    13) Harvest Snaps(22-30 g) ok today. (last 1/9)
    17) Can eat lunch early due to lunch meeting.

Sample

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hrtqbsOInIWeA9sl8FLnEv-ignY21p8m/edit?usp=drive_link&ouid=108259155343870939869&rtpof=true&sd=true

• cschmitz110515
    Options
    Recap 1/10 W
    1) Leftovers for supper / log all food / 64+ oz. water :smiley:
    2) Maybe PT exercises nope, no energy, but another day where I got all my steps (9,336) just doing all the stuff :p
    3) Shovel snow off patio / wash bedding (cat threw up hairball, thanks a lot) / refill bird feeders / pack up last nativity & put in basement storage / pack up last box of Christmas decorations / put remaining three decorations boxes in basement storage / put tins & Christmas books in storage / vacuum downstairs ~ 2 of 3 rooms done / move furniture back to usual spots / review choir schedule emailed by director and update calendar / review cc stmt & schedule pmt / update budget s/s ~ started / read / wash dishes / meal plan & grocery list / other? folded & put away line-dried laundry, made overnight oats :smiley: TA-DA!

JFT 1/11 R
    1) Stove-top recipe for supper, just need to decide which / log all food / 64+ oz. water
    2) PT exercises? Treadmill?
    3) Wash dishes ~ done, piles gone / shovel 2" new snow that just ended ~ at least it's the dry, fluffy kind / grocery shop / call Mom ~ need to cancel visit Fri-Sat due to another 2 day snowstorm forecast / vacuum last room downstairs / review V & MC cc stmts & schedule payments / update budget s/s / store Christmas books in basement / put up snowman magnets (now that I found them LOL) / read / digital declutter / other?

About me:
    I'm Carmela
    Height 5'4"
    66 yrs old

2024 Goals:
    1) Ultimate goal weight 150#... I'll be thrilled if I can get back down to 160# this year
    • Post weekly weigh-in on MFP for accountability. Saturday a.m. is my "official" weigh-in day, and I track daily on a separate app (for the visual). My digital scale only shows half pound increments & I'm too cheap to buy a fancier scale.
    • Try new recipes Unfortunately, no wall oven until mid-Feb or later & sad me, but try slow cooker & stove recipes
    • Walk dog 3-4 miles, treadmill when necessary in winter, weights/my home version of circuit & other x-training
    • In 2023 I logged 726.88 miles, or 1,169.8 km & completed yearly challenge 11.14.23 :star:
    • I can earn $10 every month on my Medicare Advantage Plan with 10+ days of 7,500 steps
    • Registered 12.29.23 for Bellin 10K race on 6.8.24 & eligible to have race fee waived
    • Always a good idea
    8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states)
    • Visit parents 1-2 times each month, phone calls in between ~ they're in their late 80s and live 90 miles away

Keeping my Word for the Year: Tenacity ~ persistent determination; the mental strength to resist opposition, danger or hardship
  • more_freggies76
    Options
    Hour commitment - I won't eat again until after 5 pm. Can still have my dose of metamusal. None of the same foods at dinner as at lunch.
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,327 Member
    edited January 11
    Options
    JFT Tuesday
    - Up at 5:00 :neutral: Was awake, but didn't get up

JFT Wednesday
    - Work by 8:30 :smiley:
    - Meetings :smiley:
    - Order and pick up Chinese for lunch :smiley:
    - Log food :(
    - Stay within maintenance :(
    - Home by 5:00 :smiley:
    - Trivia :smiley:
    - Limit Alcohol :(
    - Home by 10:00 :(
    - Bed by 10:30 :(

Ok, so I have zero idea how much I drank last night. Things jut went off the rails. Started off good, but it went down hill fast. One shot and the night just unraveled. Anyway, I had fun but feel a bit of regret today. Been doing well on my intake lately and on moderation. Trick now is to not let one bad day derail my efforts. Honestly, my intake wasn't that bad yesterday just not what I'd planned. Plan was Chinese for lunch, but somehow my order got missed so no lunch for me. Shame to because I called in the order and went and picked it up. The other 12 folks got there food, but I didn't. Boy was I craving it. Dinner I had a salad, but put a little more dressing on than I usually do. Still not bad. Even when I throw in the alcohol I was probably within maintenance, but then there were the cheese sticks. Oh well, today is new.

Goals for today are similar to yesterday, but no alcohol rather than limited alcohol. Sometimes that is easier. That and I rarely drink at home.

Thanks all for the kind words. My mom and I have always had a strained relationship, and I'm an only child so it is what it is.
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,205 Member
    edited January 11
    Options
    MIA again!! I have to figure out a good time to consistently get on here to post my goals. I am now retired, and like so many, don't get on the computer as much, and I hate doing this on my phone.
    Today.. I get in not one, but two workouts!! I always go to the gym in the mornings .. well.. its more of a community center gym, but I love it. I have met so many good friends there.. its also my social time. Hubby teases me that I just go to talk.. LOL.. But.. I always get on the treadmill, and do weights. Hubby goes to a different gym.. a real gym, but he likes to go in the afternoons. So, since we are retired (and have silver sneakers, so we can go to any gym), at least during the winter months when I'm not outside, I told him I would go with him. But .. he stays 2 hours! So... thats what we did today. I am sore.. ha... I guess I lifted more weights. But.. maybe if I keep this up, by summer I will look better! I guess I need to stop eating junk food though and snacks.. like the doctor said, losing weight is 90% what we eat.
    SO I am posting my goals for tomorrow. We are suppose to be getting freezing rain/snow, and bitterly cold temps, so I probably won't be going outside much. You all take good care.. I think most of the country is getting these artic cold temps!
    JFt, Friday, 1/12
    2. log all food
    3. concentrate on water
    4. no soda
    My weight history
    Name is Joan. Age 73; 5'11"
    SW Year 2017: 220-217
    SW Year 2018: 195.5
    SW Year 2019 : 206 -- met my goal weight of 178, but gained 5 lbs over pandemic
    SW Year 2020: 182.6 -- gained another 12 pounds through the pandemic
    SW Year 2021:195 -- weight fluctuated all year from 184-190s
    SW Year 2022: 190 - reached 182 in August. But weight on a slow increase the rest of 2022.
    SW Year 2023: 207.8 - got my weight down to 195; I always gain again between halloween and New Years.
    SW year 2024: 209.0

Goals for 2024:

Staring weight: Jan 7, 2024: 209.0
    Goal weight at the end of 2024: 175-180, and learn to maintain
    Goal to lose 25-30 lbs this year to be in healthy range

Weight Goals:
    1st goal weight: 199 - reach this by March
    2nd goal weight: 185 - reach this by July
    Ultimate goal weight: 175- reach this by september
    Monthly Goals:
    Feb: 205
    March: 199 - get out of those 200s
    April: 195 (Hubby and my 48 wedding anniversary)
    May: 191
    June: 187
    July: 185 (my birthday - will turn 74! Yikes!)
    August: 179
    Sept: 175
    October: 170--- Ultimate goal weight
    November: learn to maintain 170
    December: learn to maintain 170
    Weekly Weigh-ins (Will weigh every Sunday). Goal .. 1 pound per week. Ill have my first official weigh in today, Jan 7 after a week with our grandson, xmas, and new years.
    Sunday, Jan 7: 209.0
    Jan 14
    Jan 23
    Jan 28
    Todays weight 209

• more_freggies76
    edited January 12
    Options
    JFT for 1/11/24 (today)✔️
    1) No desserts ok today (last 1/07). Can have sugar free or no sugar added.✔️
    2) None of DH's stash ok today (including candy, chocolate raisins, peppermint bark, peeps, ice cream, Trader Jo cookies).✔️
    3) Peanut butter ok today, 2.5 to 3 T (last 1/5)✔️Didn't eat today.
    4) Don't weigh again until 1/11✔️
    5) Up to 2.0 oz hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 1/9). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.✔️
    6) No honey today(1-3 Tbsp.). (last) (a little in honey mustard ok)(last)✔️
    7) Nuts ok (22-30 g) or 12-14 in-the-shell nuts. (last 1/9) Additional nuts in a meal are ok. Like almonds already in green beans.✔️
    8) No beef jerky today.✔️
    9) No chicken Vienna sausage ok today (trying not to have higher sodium stuff everyday)(last 10/28)✔️
    10) No sweet potato and/or pumpkin ok today. (last 1/10)✔️
    11) Only 1 ice drink today.✔️
    12) A few tic-tacs as needed everyday. (No max for now, unless it's a problem)✔️
    13) Harvest Snaps(22-30 g) ok today. (last 1/9)✔️
    14) No tamales ok today.(last 1/9)✔️
    15) None of the cookies my friend made for us! (Leave for DH)✔️
    16) None of the breton crackers today (last 1/10)✔️
    17) Can eat lunch early due to lunch meeting.✔️

JFT for 1/12/24 (tomorrow)✔️
    1) Can have desserts ok today (last 1/07). Can have sugar free or no sugar added.
    4) Don't weigh again until 1/15
    5) No hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 1/9). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.
    8) No beef jerky today.
    10) Sweet potato and/or pumpkin ok today. (last 1/10)
    13) No Harvest Snaps(22-30 g) ok today. (last 1/11)
    17) Can eat what I want at DH's birthday dinner.

Sample

• mytime6630
    Options
    @PackerFanInGB. I consider you such a good "online" friend also .. gosh.. we have "known" each other for a long time! I still remember when you got into sewing and made that beautiful quilt for @Bex for Casey ... and @Bex -- what is Casey now, 5 or 6 years old! So.. we go a long way back.
    I look forward to seeing you posting, and I hope you continue to do so. We are all praying and rooting for you to get through these chemo treatments. When you talked about that metalic taste... boy.. did I feel for you! When hubby and I had covid we took Palovid .. and one of the side effects of that was metallic taste. Yuk!! I drank so much water to try and get that taste gone.
    A very good friend just finished with her chemo treatments about 1 month ago. Hers also was Breast Cancer.. that resurfaced in her bones. But... she got through the chemo, and is now doing fine. So I pray for this for you also. You are a very strong person, but even a strong person.. it is OK to cry and feel that grief you are probably having. Sometimes I think a good cry is what we need. But I also know you have a loving and supportive family, you have strong faith, and you are a fighter. So I know you will get through this. Like you said... what the scale says is of no importance at all right now. In fact I always think it is better to have a little "extra" weight on you when undergoing what you are going through.
    Sorry to write so much .. but please come on here whenever you feel like it. Vent.. let us know how you are doing. we all love you... and I know you'll beat this like you did before! Many many virtual hugs to you.
  • mytime6630
    edited January 12
    Options
    @pridesabtch... boy, I could totally understand you having more than just 1 drink last nite ... I think you needed that. After what your mother put you through, I think I would have had several. I am so sorry that she is putting so much burden on you. I think sometimes we, as parents, forget that our children have their own lives and their own set of worries. I try not to burden my kids with anything, in fact if I am down or depressed (ha, especially like when our son only calls once a year!), I don't want him to know that it hurts. So I try and sound upbeat and not stress him out even more. I think he is unhappy, and this is why we don't hear from him much..
    You know your mother loves you.. she just doesn't know how to be, and sometimes I think people just want to know someone cares. She is most likely lonely. I hope to never get that way.
    But ... I am so sorry for that for you. And, like you said, tomorrow is a new day. You are doing great
    @clicketykeys -- Ha.. I think I self mediate with ice cream way too often! But then I tell myself.. at least the ice cream is gone! I hope the class discussion went OK.. that would be so stressful for me!
    @snowflake68 - so happy to see you posting again!
    @itladyee -- you are doing great!!
    For so many of you... I think most of the US is in a bitter freeze coming! They are predicting rain/ice/snow/ and super cold temps for the next 2 weeks here. So .. all you outside walkers... stay safe!!

• mytime6630
    Options

03pr10pnb7yw.jpeg

So cute!! We say that about our weatherman here too .. they never get it right, and now they just say it all depends on the wind as to where snow/rain will fall!
  • more_freggies76
    Options
    JFT for 1/12/24 (today)✔️
    1) Can have desserts ok today (last 1/07). Can have sugar free or no sugar added.
    4) Don't weigh again until 1/15
    5) No hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 1/9). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.
    8) No beef jerky today.
    10) Sweet potato and/or pumpkin ok today. (last 1/10)
    13) No Harvest Snaps(22-30 g) ok today. (last 1/11)
    15) None of the breton crackers today (last 1/10)
    16) Can eat what I want at DH's birthday dinner.
    Hour commitment - I won't eat again until after 12 pm.

Sample

• cschmitz110515
    edited January 12
    Options
    Recap 1/11 R
    1) Stove-top recipe for supper, just need to decide which ~ made skillet chicken with spinach & mushrooms along with noodles, but forgot to make my side salad / log all food / 64+ oz. water :smiley:
    2) PT exercises? yippee! :smiley:Treadmill?
    3) Wash dishes ~ piles gone / shovel 2" new snow that just ended ~ at least it's the dry, fluffy kind / grocery shop ~ store very busy with pre-storm shoppers LOL / call Mom <3 canceled visit Fri-Sat due to another 2 day snowstorm forecast / vacuum last room downstairs / review V & MC cc stmts & schedule payments / balance bank accts / update budget s/s / store Christmas books in basement / put up snowman magnets (now that I found them LOL) / read / digital declutter / other? emailed sister & aunt about change in plans :smiley: TA-DA!

JFT 1/12 F
    1) Leftovers for supper plus side salad / log all food / 64+ oz. water
    2) Treadmill at least 2 miles ~ strange how walking outside is so different
    3) Keeping things low-key today: shovel snow as needed while hubby snowblows / wash dishes / prep potatoes & bacon for tomorrow's farmer's breakfast / read / digital declutter / other?

We are in our second snowstorm of the week, which later will become blizzard conditions with 3+ continuous hours of high winds. Life in Wisconsin. Unfortunately, my winter jinx from last year continues... my planned 2 day visit to my parents' home (90 min. drive away) for today & tomorrow had to be canceled / postponed. Fingers crossed that our new dates will have cooperative winter weather.

Snow has been falling since early this morning, and will end around noon tomorrow. Up to 12" is predicted. Hubby wants to periodically clear the snow, which is a good idea, rather than wait to clear everything at once. I'll help by shoveling the patio, walkway & front steps. Next week the forecast is for bitter temps with highs in single digits (F), nighttime lows below zero. I have decided I need to get back on our basement treadmill. My walking challenges have been suffering lately, which I'm not happy about. I've been doing what I can in our weather, but there are limits. Much as I dislike the apparatus, I am grateful I can do a workout without leaving the house. Sad dog though.

About me:
    I'm Carmela
    Height 5'4"
    66 yrs old

2024 Goals:
    • Always a good idea
      visit 1.12-1.13 canceled due to snowstorm