Daily calorie GOAL is half!...Update, my mistake...fixed it.

Options
GrannyGump
GrannyGump Posts: 9 Member
edited January 10 in Food and Nutrition
Daily goal is half of what it should be. I didn't change anything. Anyone else ever have this happen?

Answers

• yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,512 Member
    Options
    Can you provide a bit more information? Are you looking at the website or app (iOS or Android)? What did you do? How many calories did you get and how many do you expect? Could you possible also provide your stats and the weightloss goal you've chosen? Maybe a screenshot?
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,540 Member
    Options
    There's a few bugs on MFP right now that staff are trying to squish. This might be one of them. I have had it happen to me twice in the last couple years. In my case, it INCREASED my goal. The only reason I noticed is I logged in shortly after midnight before I ate anything or had any real activity.

I just went to my profile and set my goal to what I wanted it to be and what it had been, then I sent a support ticket so staff would know. It happened again a few months later. Same thing. I wonder if it's happening again; I will be vigilant.

It's easy to fix. Just go to your profile and enter the correct goal. Note that if you go into the guided setup and change anything, even if you don't want it to reset your goal it will. It's possible you did that, but I have no idea.

There's another but I know about that staff is working on; the search feature only shows recent posts. That will get fixed eventually.

There's a lot of users here, and that means lots of data and lots to break. It's also the beginning of the year, and that means a lot of new users as well as users who've scattered may be coming back... at least for a while.

When you find a bug, report it.
  • earlybirdlady
    earlybirdlady Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    This happened to me too last night, it was very weird. I was thinking it might have been because I connected Apple Health so I could get my sleep stats, that’s the only thing I changed. It set me down to 1200 calories. My dog eats more than that!