Give me all your high-protein snack ideas

Options
ali_kat4
ali_kat4 Posts: 70 Member
Looking to incorporate more protein into my diet. Not looking for “shakes” or anything like that. What’s your go-to protein snack?
Tagged:

Replies

• corachaos
    corachaos Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Right now I am doing hummus and triscuits, and low fat cottage cheese with either tomato or pineapple.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,382 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese (maybe with nutritional yeast), hard boiled eggs or deviled eggs (made with plain yogurt in place of mayo for a bit extra protein with fewer calories), crispy broad beans, lowfat string cheese, Babybel lite cheese, plain nonfat Greek yogurt mixed with chocolate peanut butter powder and frozen mixed berries . . . .
  • anmlmzdiet
    anmlmzdiet Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Soybeans with a little salt. Better than popcorn. Yum!
  • Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,144 Member
    Options
    I only snack in the mid afternoon and it's usually black coffee, 3 to 4 GF Milton crackers with a string cheese, and later on 1/2 bottle of Fair-Life chocolate protein drink (15 grams of protein). My husband drinks the rest of the drink.
  • Corina1143
    Corina1143 Posts: 2,979 Member
    Options
    String cheese, cottage cheese cloud bread (with some flavor added).
    Someone here mentioned taking a couple of hard boiled eggs, take out the yolk, add tuna or salmon in the egg white for a protein bomb. I love it!
    Jerky, but you either have to make it yourself or shop hard.
  • TrainerBonnie0806
    TrainerBonnie0806 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Raw veggies and hummus!
  • ali_kat4
    ali_kat4 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    All great ideas!!!! Good idea about the hummus! Just got some. I’ll have to pick up some cottage cheese too. Thank you so much.
  • mlm923mlm1
    mlm923mlm1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Low fat or fat free cottage cheese with tomato or fruit. If I want 20 g or more protein I make a whey protein smoothie. I usually use almond milk, clean sugar free whey protein.
  • elizury
    elizury Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Besides hummus, what vegan snacks with protein do you recommend?
  • NotGvnUp_EJ
    NotGvnUp_EJ Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Sardines and crackers..high protein, omega 3's and a few other nutrients
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,382 Member
    Options
    elizury wrote: »
    Besides hummus, what vegan snacks with protein do you recommend?

Crispy broad beans, chickpeas or lentils. Dry-roasted edamame.
  • patricklivolsi
    patricklivolsi Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    If you eat dairy, plain Greek yogurt can be your snack friend! I love it with some fresh fruit and it hits the sweet and protein spot. Curbs my cravings. I have dried processing frozen strawberries, mango into it and then freezing it. When my partner pulls out the Haagen Daaz, I have a high protein frozen treat to enjoy too. It also hits the cold and creamy mouth-feel that I miss from ice cream (which I still eat BTW!).