Need Help with Calories

Options
BigD4678
BigD4678 Posts: 8 Member
Okay so my goal is at 2,258
Today my calorie intake is at 1,447
My exercise so far is at 630
It says I have 1,441 calories remaining.

I understand I need to create a calorie deficit to lose weight, but if I have consumed 1,447 calories and only burned 630, that is not a calorie deficit, or is it, because I have not exceeded my base goal?

I understand that the formula is Goal - Food + exercise.

So the bottom line is will I still lose weight as long as I don’t exceed the Base (or remaining balance), or have I already blown it because I have consumed 1,447 calories and burned 630v

Thank you in advance.

Answers

• musicfan68
    musicfan68 Posts: 1,124 Member
    Options
    You have basically netted 800 calories. If it tells you you need to eat 2258 calories, that should have your deficit already figured.in
    . Then when you burn extra calories from exercise, you need to eat those.also. (Most eat back half of exercise calories because they are usually over-inflated. ) so you still need to.eat the calories it tells you you need.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,394 Member
    Options
    The calorie number you get here already includes your calorie deficit if you've said you wait to lose weight. Thus eat those calories.

This number is without exercise. If you work out your calorie deficit gets even bigger, which is not good as you might not get enough nutrition and lose muscle. Thus overall you should eat back your exercise calories with one caveat: those are often very inflated. Getting 630 from exercise sounds a lot, depending on what you did and on your stats. Maybe start with eating all the calories you get plus half or so of your exercise calories. If you lose faster than the goal you chose then eat more.
  • BigD4678
    Options
    musicfan68 wrote: »
    You have basically netted 800 calories. If it tells you you need to eat 2258 calories, that should have your deficit already figured.in
    . Then when you burn extra calories from exercise, you need to eat those.also. (Most eat back half of exercise calories because they are usually over-inflated. ) so you still need to.eat the calories it tells you you need.

Okay that makes sense.
    I keep a close eye on the exercise.
    I track with Apple Watch and Apple fit. I check daily to make sure they line up.
    So as long as I am eating the calories it tells me to I will be okay.
    Thanks,
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,394 Member
    Options
    BigD4678 wrote: »

Okay that makes sense.
    I track with Apple Watch and Apple fit. I check daily to make sure they line up.
    Thanks,

Yeah, that's how it works. With regards to your exercise calories I'd be a bit more careful as I explained above as any device just guesses, and many devices guess super badly for many people. Might be a good idea to start with eating back half your exercise calories or 3/4 and see where you stand in 4-6 weeks.
  • BigD4678
    Options
    yirara wrote: »
    BigD4678 wrote: »

Okay that makes sense.
    Thanks,

Yeah, that's how it works. With regards to your exercise calories I'd be a bit more careful as I explained above as any device just guesses, and many devices guess super badly for many people. Might be a good idea to start with eating back half your exercise calories or 3/4 and see where you stand in 4-6 weeks.

Okay cool thanks.
    I am having a hard time eating all of that I get full now days since I have lost a lot of weight.