I went from 275lbs to now 210 being 6,2 but im not losing anymore weight after 2 months.

Options
What could be causing this?
Tagged:

Answers

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,170 Member
    Options
    We'd need more details to give you some personalized ideas: How long did the 275-210 loss take? What calorie level were you at then & now? How active are you (daily life and exercise)? How old are you? Etc.

Absent details, about all I can offer is the generic "why am I not losing weight flowchart", which covers most of the common reasons:

cs17oe75dcn0.jpg
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,398 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your massive loss!

But yeah, AnnP has given you a few options. Without knowing more from you we can only guess.
  • tomcustombuilder
    tomcustombuilder Posts: 1,628 Member
    Options
    A sudden stop usually signals homeostatic water retention. A gradual slowdown then stop usually signals that you are no longer in a deficit. Losing 100 lbs and you need to be taking in fewer weekly calorie than when you started dieting down. 2 months no loss is 99% a sign of being at your new maintenance calorie level.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    My best guess is that you're eating at maintenance for 210 lbs. I'm not normally a big fan of using BMI but if you're 6'2" and 210 lbs you've got a BMI of just under 27 which is a bit above the healthy range but depending on your body composition might be just fine.
  • Retroguy2000
    Retroguy2000 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    My calculator estimated TDEE goes down about 500 calories based on the your starting and ending point, OP.

Have you taken that into account?

You're probably at your maintenance level. Which is fine, it's good to have a diet break and let the body get used to a new set-point.

Are you tracking all your calorie inputs?