cowsfan12 Posts: 6,042 Member
    Options
    I’m still Rob

My response when my children say “I’m hungry” they hate it - it’s great
  • itchmyTwitch
    itchmyTwitch Posts: 3,812 Member
    Options
    “Have you checked your butt?”

when they can’t find their earbuds, shoes, the gallon of milk….
  • HungryCatapilar24
    HungryCatapilar24 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    “Have you checked your butt?”

when they can’t find their earbuds, shoes, the gallon of milk….

It’s usually in my bra somewhere 🤷🏻‍♀️
  • black_jay
    black_jay Posts: 23 Member
    edited January 11
    Options
    Goodnight all
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options
    hyyy,
    I said “thanks for your help.” I meant “kiss me now, you fool!”
  • jbs116
    jbs116 Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    That will work out well 🤦
  • eatpolerepeat
    eatpolerepeat Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Weakness, when he thinks I'm inedible 🥰
  • STRAITBUGGIN
    STRAITBUGGIN Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Weakness, when he thinks I'm inedible 🥰

Wondering if I will get that friend request 🤔
  • PlentyofProtein00
    PlentyofProtein00 Posts: 3,626 Member
    Options
    Weakness: when they are thoughtful/considerate
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options
    My current job is a *kitten* peach. I need to interview every once in a while if for no other reason than to remind me how good I have it.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,595 Member
    Options
    My current job is a *kitten* peach. I need to interview every once in a while if for no other reason than to remind me how good I have it.

Was just gonna ask how it went... :)
  • Rxman1971
    Rxman1971 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Waiting
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »

They asked a lot of questions that I found somewhat insulting. They must be getting zero qualified candidates if they have to ask about basic computer literacy and literacy in general.

But also, they were looking for someone to never leave the building during the day, which is not something that I can commit to.

Plus it was a dreary, repurposed building that looked like it used to be a mall, but I think it was actually some kind of pharmaceutical company once upon a time. It was sandwiched between a Chick-fil-A and a Hobby lobby, which has got to be a bad omen in any case.

Also, they have one of those electronic stock market ticker things going and TVs on and music on and it’s a sensory nightmare.

They were pleasant enough, but the wife seemed defensive. Yes, it was a husband and wife team which is going on my list of red flags. Also I wouldn’t be surprised if it turns out he’s a deacon in his church.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,595 Member
    Options

They asked a lot of questions that I found somewhat insulting. They must be getting zero qualified candidates if they have to ask about basic computer literacy and literacy in general.

But also, they were looking for someone to never leave the building during the day, which is not something that I can commit to.

Plus it was a dreary, repurposed building that looked like it used to be a mall, but I think it was actually some kind of pharmaceutical company once upon a time. It was sandwiched between a Chick-fil-A and a Hobby lobby, which has got to be a bad omen in any case.

Also, they have one of those electronic stock market ticker things going and TVs on and music on and it’s a sensory nightmare.

They were pleasant enough, but the wife seemed defensive. Yes, it was a husband and wife team which is going on my list of red flags. Also I wouldn’t be surprised if it turns out he’s a deacon in his church.

Wait, what kind of music?? :)

Ok, seriously. None of that sounded good.

Glad you appreciate what you have! :)

• itchmyTwitch
    Options

Wait, what kind of music?? :)

Ok, seriously. None of that sounded good.

Glad you appreciate what you have! :)
    The one song I can remember was Willie Nelson but it was that new one that I can’t stand about horses and beer
  • itchmyTwitch
    edited January 15
    Options
    Other job description red flags:

Fast paced. This is a red flag because it is overused to the point that it is meaningless. Everyone thinks their job is fast-paced. Often it is simply that you are understaffed.

Multitasking. This is a red flag for the same reasons as fast-paced, and also because switching rapidly between multiple tasks on a regular basis does not lead to quality work. It is not something to brag about.

Face of the company. I don’t want to be the face of the company. Let me be the brain, the heart, the butt. Being the face of the company means being “on” for hours at a time, being subject to the whims & moods of the public, not having any less than perfectly groomed days, and usually being underpaid.
  • This_far
    This_far Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Other job description red flags:

Fast paced. This is a red flag because it is overused to the point that it is meaningless. Everyone thinks their job is fast-paced. Often it is simply that you are understaffed.

Multitasking. This is a red flag for the same reasons as fast-paced, and also because switching rapidly between multiple tasks on a regular basis does not lead to quality work. It is not something to brag about.

Face of the company. I don’t want to be the face of the company. Let me be the brain, the heart, the butt. Being the face of the company means being “on” for hours at a time, being subject to the whims & moods of the public, not having any less than perfectly groomed days, and usually being underpaid.

Was called a ' customer facilitator' and Interactor at a recent workharderforthecompany meeting. I'll stick with technician. Great sideways pix.
  • Alinouveau2
    Alinouveau2 Posts: 6,206 Member
    Options
    Karma always seems pop up and make things right
  • R3d_butt3rfly_
    R3d_butt3rfly_ Posts: 1,507 Member
    Options
    I think I have enough lemons 🍋 😭 send tequila plz
  • PlentyofProtein00
    PlentyofProtein00 Posts: 3,626 Member
    Options
    Cauliflower fried rice