JUST FOR TODAY... One day at a time .. Daily Commitment for 2024

Options

Replies

• more_freggies76
    more_freggies76 Posts: 2,596 Member
    edited January 16
    Options
    Hour commitment -I won’t eat again until tomorrow. Can still have my dose of metamusal
  • emgracewrites
    emgracewrites Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    Hi 👋🏻

I’m Emily, I’m 32 years old, I write novels (mostly sci-fi and fantasy) and to pay my bills I also work at a defense contractor doing a little bit of tech writing and a whole lot of admin work. I’ve been MIA from this group for a while. Basically I got burnt out and needed some time to recover. Anyways, now I’m back.

In late 2022 I was officially diagnosed with IBS, but I’ve had stomach problems off and on for about 15 years. Led to a whole lot of anxiety around food (constantly worrying about “will this mess my stomach up?”) and social anxiety too, because again I didn’t know what my stomach would do on any given day. Definitely still working through that and taking it one day at a time.

My current weight is about 95 pounds. At 5’4, that puts me about 15 pounds underweight, so that’s my goal. Discovered something called the low FODMAP diet which is helping to keep my IBS symptoms better under control, but also caused me to lose more weight in the short term, so that’s just made my weight gain journey a little longer and more convoluted. Still making progress though.

Goals for 1/16
    - yoga
    - Crochet temperature scarves
    - Edit Book 3 of my trilogy
    - 40 oz of water
    - Try introducing goat’s cheese
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    JFT Tuesday - no treats after dinner!
    1. Stretch. Duo.
    2. YMCA class 930.
    3. Write nouns script.
    4. Complete ESOL assignment.
    5. Read library book.
    6. Write "Priorities" blog post.
    7. Review lesson plans for week.
    8. Evening: Tweetchat. Dinner: Soup. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    9. Bedtime: Gratitude journal. Duo. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Update JFT.
    10. Goals for this week: Finish ESOL assignment. Get through school. Tweetchat. Podcasts. Post to FB for Dems. Find out about Capitol Day. Write the WFTY blog post and the wishes/wins posts. Print the play. Write back to students. Open with standards check-in before going into the lesson. Write the Nouns script.
    11. Upcoming: Set up digital portfolio. Get elastic for shoes & take to shoe repair. Discuss Clois & Stuffy. Check in w parents regularly. Get stamps! Need to return the Dolly wig. Need to write blog posts. Contact S about members' displeasure at "being told who to vote for" and requests for info on ALL candidates. Figure out how to pull music from cassette to digital file. Compare costs for ESPs and get D and C to join an org. Hang white wire shelf in small bathroom. Shelves in bedroom. Sash for space dress. Gounod from tape to digital file. When are we going to McKay's next? Organize home repair needs list. Podcast Mon PM. Check with mom RE dinner. Patrick call 5p Thurs. No AM exercise class Fri Jan 26; stay late for basketball concessions. Look into day at capitol and which issues will be our focus. Encourage someone from RHS to go. Need to write and shoot the Nouns script. Invite LS to dinner before next WD meeting? Print play on Wednesday?

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    End of 2019: 196.4
    End of 2020: 187.4
    End of 2021: 194.4
    End of 2022: 201.2
    Today: 203.4

Long-term goals/progress

1. Professional / read current research. 2. Professional / present at conferences. 3. Professional / publish scholarly articles. 4. Professional / observe student needs and develop supports. 5. Professional / complete a doctorate. 6. Personal / retire comfortably. 7. Personal / renovate house. 8. Community / local progress. 9. Community / time with friends & family. 10. Family concerns. 11. Medical/fitness.

1. Research: Five paragraph essay. How student attitudes affect standardized test results; student surveys.

2. Presenting: Promote YT channel. Invite guests. Record mini-lessons.

3. Publishing: Read one journal article weekly; respond in a blog post. Clois for CWG. S&F for YT channel. Goodreads purchase list for McKay’s. Weekly blog series: Weekly Wishes (Monday) and Weekly Wins (Friday).

4. Observed student needs: Changing words between parts of speech (vocabulary/grammar). Synthesizing info from multiple sources, drawing conclusions (RI/W). EFFECTIVE transitions (W). Every day v everyday; any one v anyone (grammar). Sub/obj pronouns & structure (grammar). Poss v pl nouns (grammar). Short nonfic from Lat Amer/Africa/Asia (World Lit).

5. Doctorate: Research programs, requirements, resources, cost, timeline.

6. Retirement: Update name on JSSB acct. Check investments. Theater CV. Entertainment experience. Duolingo/Lang8.

7. House: Floor joists. Siding. Gutters. Floors.

8. Local progress: Library. Theater. PC2V. City/county govt. Community kitchen. She Should Run vision statement. Union. Dems. Ugly Christmas sweater. Prison abolition; reduce / re-allocate responsibilities dumped on cops. Push for diversity. Turn left!

9. Friends & extended family: Organize photos. Write postcards. Call weekly! Look for activities to do with friends. Purchase doll with long hair; practice French braid. Dance: tap, salsa, samba. Rhythm nation.

10. Immediate family: Clean room; work toward sleeping in room. Clean up behind desk. Drive white car together; practice solo driving. Work on staying home solo when dark.

11. Medical: YMCA classes. Lift @ lunch. Maintain @ 155 w defined muscle tone. At 194, purple All-Stars. 189, 1pr black 1pr white leggings. 179, 2 Svaha Rachel dresses. 169 suit - Indochino? 159 swing dance lessons. Talk to PCP about feet (cannot do calf raises, pushups, planks, mountain climbers, etc.) Why can’t I sleep better? Therapy Mon Feb 5 11A. Dentist May 14 11A. Massage Feb 10 6P. Need to RS colonoscopy. PCP virtual appointment Jan 15 1p.

12. Therapy thoughts: I need to talk to my parents about later-life plans (particularly assisted living and funeral preferences). I've never been through something like that and would like to know how to go about making arrangements, but I don't really know who to talk to about it. Identify what I want: to have my professional expertise acknowledged and given the respect it deserves, and to be taken as a legitimate authority. Is it possible to find a faith community that does not include worship? What is the purpose of worship?

13. Just for fun: Start sketching dragon on a pile of books, offering one to the armored knight, & banner that reads "Treasure should not be hoarded / It should be shared." Use AI for ideas.

WFTY: Sustainable. So, school has been cancelled for tomorrow (Tuesday). Which means we have - in theory - Wednesday through Friday, PLUS also I gotta put last Friday's lesson in there. Things are ALL kinds of jumbled up. UGH.
    2020 WFTY: Progress. 2021 WFTY: Persistence. 2022 WFTY: Focus. 2023 WFTY: Priorities
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,737 Member
    Options
    Here it is another Monday and I dropped the ball over the weekend.

JFT - Mon Jan 15th
    Log all Food
    1L of water
    Move
  • dennis3031
    dennis3031 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone thanks for you commitment & encouragement just for today
    I can plan & log my food & Hydration and stick to it best I can given the circumstances the day brings
  • itladyee
    itladyee Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    Just for Wednesday 1/10/2024
    No Alcohol ✔️
    Track everything I eat and Drink ✔️
    Health Journal Update ✔️
    Water > at least 48 ounces ✔️
    Plan how to implement Core Exercises This week ✔️ finally
    Hit protein macros

JFT Today 1/16
    No Alcohol
    Track everything I eat and Drink
    Health Journal Update
    Water > at least 64 ounces
    Plan how to implement More Core Exercises This week
    Hit protein macros ( I did yesterday ) :)
  • more_freggies76
    Options
    JFT for 1/15/24 (today)✔️
    1) No desserts ok today (last 1/12). Can have sugar free or no sugar added.✔️
    2) None of DH's stash ok today (including candy, chocolate raisins, peeps, ice cream, birthday cake).
    3) No peanut butter ok today, 2.5 to 3 T (last 1/12)✔️
    4) Don't weigh again until 1/19✔️
    5) Up to 2.0 oz hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 1/13). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.✔️
    6) No honey today(1-3 Tbsp.). (last) (a little in honey mustard ok)(last)✔️
    7) Nuts ok (22-30 g) or 12-14 in-the-shell nuts. (last 1/9) Additional nuts in a meal are ok. Like almonds already in green beans.✔️
    8) No beef jerky today.✔️
    9) No chicken Vienna sausage ok today (trying not to have higher sodium stuff everyday)(last 10/28)✔️
    10) Sweet potato and/or pumpkin ok today. (last 1/10)✔️Didn't eat today
    11) Only 1 ice drink today.✔️
    12) A few tic-tacs as needed everyday. (No max for now, unless it's a problem)✔️
    13) Harvest Snaps(22-30 g) ok today. (last 1/13)✔️Didn't eat today
    14) Tamales ok today.(last 1/9)✔️Didn't eat today
    15) Flexible for meals. Early dinner if see FIL.✔️
    JFT for 1/16/24 (today)✔️
    1) No desserts ok today (last 1/12). Can have sugar free or no sugar added.
    2) None of DH's stash ok today (including candy, chocolate raisins, peeps, ice cream, birthday cake).
    3) No peanut butter ok today, 2.5 to 3 T (last 1/12)
    4) Don't weigh again until 1/19
    5) No hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 1/13). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.
    6) No honey today(1-3 Tbsp.). (last) (a little in honey mustard ok)(last)
    7) Nuts ok (22-30 g) or 12-14 in-the-shell nuts. (last 1/9) Additional nuts in a meal are ok. Like almonds already in green beans.
    8) No beef jerky today.
    9) No chicken Vienna sausage ok today (trying not to have higher sodium stuff everyday)(last 10/28)
    10) Sweet potato and/or pumpkin ok today. (last 1/10)
    11) Only 1 ice drink today.
    12) A few tic-tacs as needed everyday. (No max for now, unless it's a problem)
    13) Harvest Snaps(22-30 g) ok today. (last 1/13)
    14) Tamales ok today.(last 1/9)
    15) Don't eat more than 600 calories for lunch.

Hour commitment - I won't eat again until lunch.
    ================== 4DW started =============
    4DWs (4 Day Wins) are here, in a shared file:

Sample

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hrtqbsOInIWeA9sl8FLnEv-ignY21p8m/edit?usp=drive_link&ouid=108259155343870939869&rtpof=true&sd=true

@dennis3031 - Welcome to the group!
    @emgracewrites - Welcome back! Sorry about your IBS issues
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,478 Member
    Options
    Recap 1/15 M
    1) Not sure about supper, leftovers or maybe make turkey ole / log all food / limit snacks ~unsalted pistachios, skyr, Utz pretzels / 64+ oz. water :smiley:
    2) Treadmill 2+ miles :smiley:
    3) Wash dishes / schedule colonoscopy appt for 5 yrs from last / read / digital declutter / top up heated birdbath (negative humidity!) / call Mom <3 / other? made overnight oats, paperwork for meeting

JFT 1/16 T
    1) Supper? / log all food / 64+ oz. water
    2) PT exercises :smiley:
    3) Prep stuff for meeting / LWML 1:00 / refill bird feeders ~ lots of birds in frigid temps / choir rehearsal 7:30 / read / digital decluttering / other?

About me:
    I'm Carmela
    This is my lifestyle. It's. Not. A. Diet.
    Height 5'4"
    66 yrs old
    Reside in Green Bay, WI, USA

2024 Goals:
    1) Ultimate goal weight 150#... I'll be thrilled if I can get back down to 160# this year
    • Post weekly weigh-in on MFP for accountability. Saturday a.m. is my "official" weigh-in day, and I track daily on a separate app (for the visual). My digital scale only shows half pound increments & I'm too cheap to buy a fancier scale.
    • Take measurements & log on MFP every month end
    2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
    • Try new recipes Unfortunately, no wall oven until mid-Feb or later & sad me, but try slow cooker & stove recipes
    3) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x)
    • Walk dog 3-4 miles, treadmill when necessary in winter, weights/my home version of circuit & other x-training
    • PT (physical therapy) exercises to strengthen arthritic knees & hip flexor
    4) MapMyWalk app You Vs. the Year 1,024km challenge started on Jan. 1
    • In 2023 I logged 726.88 miles, or 1,169.8 km & completed yearly challenge 11.14.23 :star:
    • In 2022 I logged 500.4 miles, or 805km (knee issues).
    5) At least 7,500 steps per day
    • I can earn $10 every month on my Medicare Advantage Plan with 10+ days of 7,500 steps
      January
    6) Participate in my favorite area races ~ I walk, I do not run
    • Registered 12.29.23 for Bellin 10K race on 6.8.24 & eligible to have race fee waived
    • Register for my other usual events, and add other possible events
    7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together
    • Always a good idea
    8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states)
    • Visit parents 1-2 times each month, phone calls in between ~ they're in their late 80s and live 90 miles away
      visit 1.12-1.13 canceled due to snowstorm
    • Monthly contact with former colleagues/others, now that I'm retired
      1.7.24 HH came over & visited at my invitation
    9) Declutter bedroom, home office, basement, books in living room
    • Not as much progress as I hoped last year, but not worse.

Keeping my Word for the Year: Tenacity ~ persistent determination; the mental strength to resist opposition, danger or hardship
  • more_freggies76
    edited January 16
    Options
    Hour commitment - After I finish cooking my fish, I won't eat again until after 5 pm. None of the same foods at dinner as at lunch. Can still have my dose of metamusal.
  • more_freggies76
    edited January 17
    Options
    JFT for 1/16/24 (today)✔️
    1) No desserts ok today (last 1/12). Can have sugar free or no sugar added.✔️
    2) None of DH's stash ok today (including candy, chocolate raisins, peeps, ice cream, birthday cake).✔️
    3) No peanut butter ok today, 2.5 to 3 T (last 1/12)✔️
    4) Don't weigh again until 1/19✔️
    5) No hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 1/13). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.✔️
    6) No honey today(1-3 Tbsp.). (last) (a little in honey mustard ok)(last)✔️
    7) Nuts ok (22-30 g) or 12-14 in-the-shell nuts. (last 1/9) Additional nuts in a meal are ok. Like almonds already in green beans.✔️
    8) No beef jerky today✔️.
    9) No chicken Vienna sausage ok today (trying not to have higher sodium stuff everyday)(last 10/28)✔️
    10) Sweet potato and/or pumpkin ok today. (last 1/10)✔️Didn't eat today.
    11) Only 1 ice drink today.✔️
    12) A few tic-tacs as needed everyday. (No max for now, unless it's a problem)✔️
    13) Harvest Snaps(22-30 g) ok today. (last 1/13)✔️
    14) Tamales ok today.(last 1/9)✔️Didn't eat today.
    15) Don't eat more than 600 calories for lunch.✔️
    Hour commitment - I won't eat again until tomorrow.

JFT for 1/17/24 (tomorrow)✔️
    1) No desserts ok today (last 1/14). Can have sugar free or no sugar added.
    5) Up to 2.0 oz hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 1/15). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.
    7) Nuts ok (22-30 g) or 12-14 in-the-shell nuts. (last 1/16) Additional nuts in a meal are ok. Like almonds already in green beans.
    8) No beef jerky today.
    9) No chicken Vienna sausage ok today (trying not to have higher sodium stuff everyday)(last 10/28)
    13) No Harvest Snaps(22-30 g) ok today. (last 1/16)
    15) No olives today. (last 1/16)
    16) Don't eat more than 600 calories for lunch.

Sample

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hrtqbsOInIWeA9sl8FLnEv-ignY21p8m/edit?usp=drive_link&ouid=108259155343870939869&rtpof=true&sd=true

• emgracewrites
    emgracewrites Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    Goals for 1/16
    - yoga ✅
    - Crochet temperature scarves ✅
    - Edit Book 3 of my trilogy ✅
    - 40 oz of water ❌ - 32 oz, so close!
    - Try introducing goat’s cheese ✅ Not sure if I like the taste or not, but I did at least try it.

Goals for 1/17
    - yoga
    - Crochet temperature scarves
    - Edit book 3 of trilogy
    - Plan out CYOA project
    - 40 oz of water
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    JFT Wednesday - no treats after dinner!
    1. Stretch. Duo.
    2. Write "Priorities" blog post.
    3. YMCA class noon.
    4. Write nouns script.
    5. Return library book.
    6. Laundry.
    7. Review lesson plans for week.
    8. Evening: Livestream. Dinner: Pizza! Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    9. Bedtime: Gratitude journal. Duo. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Update JFT.
    10. Goals for this week: Finish ESOL assignment. Get through school. Tweetchat. Podcasts. Post to FB for Dems. Find out about Capitol Day. Write the WFTY blog post and the wishes/wins posts. Print the play. Write back to students. Open with standards check-in before going into the lesson. Write the Nouns script.
    11. Upcoming: Set up digital portfolio. Get elastic for shoes & take to shoe repair. Discuss Clois & Stuffy. Check in w parents regularly. Get stamps! Need to return the Dolly wig. Need to write blog posts. Contact S about members' displeasure at "being told who to vote for" and requests for info on ALL candidates. Figure out how to pull music from cassette to digital file. Compare costs for ESPs and get D and C to join an org. Hang white wire shelf in small bathroom. Shelves in bedroom. Sash for space dress. Gounod from tape to digital file. When are we going to McKay's next? Organize home repair needs list. Podcast Mon PM. Check with mom RE dinner. Patrick call 5p Thurs. No AM exercise class Fri Jan 26; stay late for basketball concessions. Look into day at capitol and which issues will be our focus. Encourage someone from RHS to go. Need to write and shoot the Nouns script. Invite LS to dinner before next WD meeting? Print play, monologues, Capitol Day info on Thursday??

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    End of 2019: 196.4
    End of 2020: 187.4
    End of 2021: 194.4
    End of 2022: 201.2
    Today: 203.4

Long-term goals/progress

1. Professional / read current research. 2. Professional / present at conferences. 3. Professional / publish scholarly articles. 4. Professional / observe student needs and develop supports. 5. Professional / complete a doctorate. 6. Personal / retire comfortably. 7. Personal / renovate house. 8. Community / local progress. 9. Community / time with friends & family. 10. Family concerns. 11. Medical/fitness.

1. Research: Five paragraph essay. How student attitudes affect standardized test results; student surveys.

2. Presenting: Promote YT channel. Invite guests. Record mini-lessons.

3. Publishing: Read one journal article weekly; respond in a blog post. Clois for CWG. S&F for YT channel. Goodreads purchase list for McKay’s. Weekly blog series: Weekly Wishes (Monday) and Weekly Wins (Friday).

4. Observed student needs: Changing words between parts of speech (vocabulary/grammar). Synthesizing info from multiple sources, drawing conclusions (RI/W). EFFECTIVE transitions (W). Every day v everyday; any one v anyone (grammar). Sub/obj pronouns & structure (grammar). Poss v pl nouns (grammar). Short nonfic from Lat Amer/Africa/Asia (World Lit).

5. Doctorate: Research programs, requirements, resources, cost, timeline.

6. Retirement: Update name on JSSB acct. Check investments. Theater CV. Entertainment experience. Duolingo/Lang8.

7. House: Floor joists. Siding. Gutters. Floors.

8. Local progress: Library. Theater. PC2V. City/county govt. Community kitchen. She Should Run vision statement. Union. Dems. Ugly Christmas sweater. Prison abolition; reduce / re-allocate responsibilities dumped on cops. Push for diversity. Turn left!

9. Friends & extended family: Organize photos. Write postcards. Call weekly! Look for activities to do with friends. Purchase doll with long hair; practice French braid. Dance: tap, salsa, samba. Rhythm nation.

10. Immediate family: Clean room; work toward sleeping in room. Clean up behind desk. Drive white car together; practice solo driving. Work on staying home solo when dark.

11. Medical: YMCA classes. Lift @ lunch. Maintain @ 155 w defined muscle tone. At 194, purple All-Stars. 189, 1pr black 1pr white leggings. 179, 2 Svaha Rachel dresses. 169 suit - Indochino? 159 swing dance lessons. Talk to PCP about feet (cannot do calf raises, pushups, planks, mountain climbers, etc.) Why can’t I sleep better? Therapy Mon Feb 5 11A. Dentist May 14 11A. Massage Feb 10 6P. Need to RS colonoscopy. PCP virtual appointment Jan 15 1p.

12. Therapy thoughts: I need to talk to my parents about later-life plans (particularly assisted living and funeral preferences). I've never been through something like that and would like to know how to go about making arrangements, but I don't really know who to talk to about it. Identify what I want: to have my professional expertise acknowledged and given the respect it deserves, and to be taken as a legitimate authority. Is it possible to find a faith community that does not include worship? What is the purpose of worship?

13. Just for fun: Start sketching dragon on a pile of books, offering one to the armored knight, & banner that reads "Treasure should not be hoarded / It should be shared." Use AI for ideas.

WFTY: Sustainable. Who knows when we'll get to go back. UGHHHHH.
    2020 WFTY: Progress. 2021 WFTY: Persistence. 2022 WFTY: Focus. 2023 WFTY: Priorities
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,737 Member
    Options
    JFT - Mon Jan 15th
    Log all Food - 😞
    1L of water - 😞
    Move - 🙂

JFT - Tues Jan 16th
    Log all Food
    1L of water
    Move
  • more_freggies76
    Options
    JFT for 1/17/24 (today)✔️
    1) No desserts ok today (last 1/14). Can have sugar free or no sugar added.
    5) Up to 2.0 oz hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 1/15). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.
    7) Nuts ok (22-30 g) or 12-14 in-the-shell nuts. (last 1/16) Additional nuts in a meal are ok. Like almonds already in green beans.
    8) No beef jerky today.
    13) No Harvest Snaps(22-30 g) ok today. (last 1/16)
    15) No olives today. (last 1/16)
    16) Don't eat more than 600 calories for lunch.

Hour commitment - I won't eat again until after 12 pm.

Sample

• mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,201 Member
    edited January 17
    Options
    JFT, Wednesday, 1/17
    1. LOG ALL FOOD!! Just do it!
    2. concentrate on water
    3. break the old habits .. which have come back SO badly. Even hubby told me he could tell I gained weight .. not what I want to hear, but I know he is right. I am so out of control. Remember how I lost the weight .. stopped the snacking, stopped the mindless eating, drank water when I was hungry.
    4. did not get to the gym today (temps 10 degrees), but go this afternoon, when temps are up. Just because its not morning, I can exercise in the afternoon. It won't hurt me .. there is no rule you have to only do the gym in the morning
    5. clean up sewing room.. its a mess
    6. be accountable. Remember long term goals .. weight is a slow process. rebuilt the habits that helped me before.
    My weight history
    Name is Joan. Age 73; 5'11"
    SW Year 2017: 220-217
    SW Year 2018: 195.5
    SW Year 2019 : 206 -- met my goal weight of 178, but gained 5 lbs over pandemic
    SW Year 2020: 182.6 -- gained another 12 pounds through the pandemic
    SW Year 2021:195 -- weight fluctuated all year from 184-190s
    SW Year 2022: 190 - reached 182 in August. But weight on a slow increase the rest of
    2038. SW Year 2023: 207.8 - got my weight down to 195; I always gain again between halloween and New Years.
    SW year 2024: 209.0

Goals for 2024:

Staring weight: Jan 7, 2024: 209.0
    Goal weight at the end of 2024: 175-180, and learn to maintain
    Goal to lose 25-30 lbs this year to be in healthy range
    Weight Goals:
    1st goal weight: 199 - reach this by March
    2nd goal weight: 185 - reach this by July
    Ultimate goal weight: 175- reach this by september
    Monthly Goals:
    Feb: 205
    March: 199 - get out of those 200s
    April: 195 (Hubby and my 48 wedding anniversary)
    May: 191
    June: 187
    July: 185 (my birthday - will turn 74! Yikes!)
    August: 179
    Sept: 175
    October: 170--- Ultimate goal weight
    November: learn to maintain 170
    December: learn to maintain 170
    Weekly Weigh-ins (Will weigh every Sunday). Goal .. 1 pound per week. Ill have my first official weigh in today, Jan 7 after a week with our grandson, xmas, and new years.
    Sunday, Jan 7: 209.0
    Jan 14: 211 --- not the best week. Too much snacking and staying in the house. Had margaritas last nite, which I know contributed to the weight gain.
    Jan 23
    Jan 28
    Todays weight 210.6

• direa67
    direa67 Posts: 1 Member
    edited January 17
    Options
    Hi everyone! Happy 2024!
    I love the idea of this thread and decided that I definitely need some daily accountability. My name is Diane, I am 56 and I live in Southern California. My current weight is 191.9 as of this morning. My highest weight was 215 and last year at this time I decided it was time to take care of it and I got down to 179. I got a little careless with tracking and decided to eat because the food tasted good instead of just eating when I was hungry and here I am!

So just for today:
    I will only eat when I’m hungry
    I will drink at least 64oz of water
    I will walk for 30 minutes

Thanks for letting me share! Let’s do this!

• itladyee
    Options
    JFT Today 1/16
    • No Alcohol ✔️
    • Track everything I eat and Drink ✔️
    • Health Journal Update
    • Water > at least 64 ounces ✔️
    • Plan how to implement More Core Exercises This week ✔️
    • Hit protein macros ( I did yesterday ) :) 28 short :(

JFT Today 1/17 Wednesday
    • No Alcohol
    • Track everything I eat and Drink
    • Health Journal Update
    • Water > at least 64 ounces
    • Increase steps/miles from prior day
    • Hit protein macros
    • Determine WOTY
    • Resume Reading Younger Next Year
    • Start Reading Easy Way to Quit Emotional Eating

• mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,201 Member
    edited January 17
    Options
    @itladyee -- I am curious as to what books you are reading.. especially the one to stop emotional eating! Thats my biggest problem as well... if I only ate when I was hungry, I would lose this extra weight!
    @direa67 -- welcome Diane!! Happy to have you join us! Seeing others goals and posts is motivating to all of us ... we can do this!!
    @emgracewrites -- how do you put in the checkmarks and the xs? I like this so much better than the happy and sad faces!
  • itladyee
    Options
    mytime6630 wrote: »
    @itladyee -- I am curious as to what books you are reading.. especially the one to stop emotional eating! Thats my biggest problem as well... if I only ate when I was hungry, I would lose this extra weight!

@mytime6630
    Both came as recommendations.
    I love Younger Next Year and is my inspiration for working out 6 days a week and it helped me find my "Why".
    5ls1mgm6q3pd.png

I haven't started this one yet but it also came highly recommended from a few folks.
    abv4x9x8951w.png

• more_freggies76
    Options
    Hour commitment -c I won't eat again until after 5 pm. None of the same foods at dinner as at lunch. Can still have my dose of metamusal.