365 Days-130lbs-Goal Reached

Options
xogjky.jpg
Hi everyone. First of all I wanted to say that although I am a lurker and don't comment very often, I love Myfitnesspal and it has been an important tool in my weight loss journey. Reading about other peoples sucesses or issues helped me greatly this past year. I joined Myfitnesspal on September 27, 2010 at 300lbs. That was not my hightest weight ever-that would be 328lbs, but still a number I didn't want to see on the scale. I have always been fat. I was put on my first diet at age 5 and then proceeded to be on every diet and exercise invented. I would loose 50 or 75lbs, but would never reached a weight that was considered healthy and would immediately put all the weight back on. Since I had always been fat, I just accepted myself at that size and assumed I would always be fat. I am lucky in that I have never suffered any major health problems and have always been healthy enough to keep up with my kids whatever they were doing-hiking/swimming/kayaking.
Last September, I was working on a project 15 hours a day and for the first time I felt that my weight was causing me to be ill, my legs swelled up and my chest hurt. I got scared so I decided to make the commitment to exercise daily and to keep track of everything I ate.
For the past year I exercises daily-including my birthday and Christmas-for at least 50 minutes of cardio daily and weights/pilates 4 times a week. I always eat healthy-mostly home cooked meals made with lowfat protein, high fiber carbs and tons of vegetables and fruits. I have cut out all sugars and artificial sweeteners and I don't crave them.
I can not believe it, but I am now a size 10. This is a tiny size for me since I am an extremly large framed women-I am 5'11" , with a size 12 shoes, if I want to wear gloves, I have to buy mens extra large.
I have been at my goal weight since the beginning of July-3 months now. My weight has been going up and down slightly- trying to add calories for maintenance is harder than it looks. I really feel like I have a handle on my weight for the first time in my life and I don't feel like I will ever be the same person that I was before.

Dreams can come true. I hope my journey will inspire you and that your dreams will become reality soon.

Replies

• Multistyles
    Options
    Wow that is absolutely amazing! Congratulations on reaching your goal
  • Shelby814
    Shelby814 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Congrats! What a life changing journey!
  • pjdamico
    pjdamico Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS! Inspiring! Now keep it off and live well!
  • MunchkinHawk12
    MunchkinHawk12 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Way to go! You look amazing!
  • sarahemily86
    sarahemily86 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! You look fantastic!!
  • Hoppymom
    Hoppymom Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    Amazing results! Keep doing what ever you were doing it worked very well. You look younger and must be very proud ofthe changes that you have made to become healthier. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • BRISAjustAltered
    BRISAjustAltered Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    hmm, excuse me, don't want to be rude, but there is a strange lady in white shirt trying to pass off as you.

Lol You look amazing!!!!
  • rogar28
    rogar28 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You look great:happy:
  • SusanneWhittington
    Options
    congratulations and thanks for sharing and the motivation and inspiration!
  • young9
    young9 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    wow, you are truly amazing!!
  • tammylwv
    tammylwv Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    that is great! you look fabulous. Thanks for posting. :)
  • KimmehL
    KimmehL Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    WOW!!!
  • rschroder
    Options
    You look fantastic! What an inspiration! Just joined and to see what can be accomplished is awesome! Congrats!
  • spicypepper
    spicypepper Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    Amazing transformation! you look so different! Your tummy looks pretty flat too, any issues with your skin bouncing back? You mentioned struggling with your weight for a long time, I'm looking for hope for me :D
  • grlaurie
    grlaurie Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Fantatic, you look great and I bet feeling healthy is the best part....Thanks for the inspiration
  • joyeaann
    joyeaann Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Amazing!! You look great! I have similar goals and a similar story (although I am quite a bit shorter -:laugh: ) I started MFP in August... I hope to be sharing a great story like yours next August!
  • sugarsprinkles
    Options
    Wow Robbie! Way to bring the tears of joy flowing forth! I just clicked over to have a glance and before me is a swan!
    I am going to put in a suggestion the MFP gives prizes. Wouldn't a new wardrobe be great!? Hip
    Hip Hooray! for you, Robbie!
  • buckaroos30
    buckaroos30 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    You look awesome! Congrats on all the hard work you put in to reach your goal. You have a very inspiring story that will help me
    keep at it to reach my goal.
  • mom2triplets
    Options
    absolutly amazing......well done
  • Jelleebean
    Options
    amazing.... i NEVER woulda guessed you to be the age your profile says..... amazing job.... an inspiration, and congradulations!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!