Vegans

Options
2»

Replies

• fruttibiscotti
    fruttibiscotti Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Is cheese and other dairy products allowed on vegetarian diets?
  • jaelus
    jaelus Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Is cheese and other dairy products allowed on vegetarian diets?

Some cheeses are considered vegetarian and others are not, depending on whether or not an animal was killed to provide material for the cheese manufacturing, such as rennet, or other more obvious inclusions in the cheese. Otherwise dairy is generally considered vegetarian but not vegan.
  • missdelarocha
    missdelarocha Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'm a vegan, went from vegetarianism to eating chicken then now to vegan, apparently I briefly forgot why I didn't eat from animals >.>

Anybody feel free to add me, I'm gonna be making a lot of my foods from the veganeasy.org recipes, which is a great site, check it out. Started my challenge recently.
  • faeriecake
    faeriecake Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm vegetarian but eat a vegan diet approximately 5 out of 7 days of the week without meaning to. The only thing I will occasionally have is cheese! I don't eat eggs at all due to the environmental impact. I'm trying to transition to being 100% vegan soon!
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    I have hundreds of Vegan sites, just let me know...
    P.S. If you're looking for recipes: I've enjoyed Isa Chandra Moskowitz. She has some really great cookbooks and a website/blog site The Post Punk Kitchen (www.theppk.com) that has a ton of recipes as well.

Thanks for the links and would love to find more Vegan/Vegetarian recipe sources... also appreciate the groups listed here on MFP!
  • brottishluv
    brottishluv Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I've been vegan for 4 years, feel free to add me!
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,387 Member
    Options
    I've been vegan for 4 years, feel free to add me!

@brottishluv , this is a really old thread. Most of those people from 2014 and before haven't posted in the Community in a while, may not even be using MFP any more.

You might enjoy this group, one that's recently gotten started here for vegans, vegetarians, and even some plant-centric omnivores:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/145477-herbivores-of-mfp

Welcome, and best wishes!
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,721 Member
    Options
    I've been vegan on and off sfrom 2017 to 2020 and then full vegan
    I also eafor health.. almost competely a WFPB diet, for health. I can not imagine not being a vegan now for many reasons. For web sites I search the web, go to Vegan Health, PCRN, NutritionFacts.org, and Google recipie ideas
  • pineapple_jojo
    pineapple_jojo Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I’ve been vegan for nearly five years, I’ve just started logging again, I need to get back in the habit!