New to this site as of yesterday

Options
Hi!!

I have been stuck in a weight rut since before my son was born (he's 5 now). I am 5'8" and am currently at 198 lbs. I am looking to change my ways by monitoring what goes in and out and making better choices at both restaurants and the grocery store (anyone know where I can find some good recipes I'm all ears!). I would like to find myself somewhere between 155 and 160 when this is all said and done. My weaknesses are snacking and pure laziness. I have an office job so I am a desk jockey sitting on my butt all day and reaching for whatever is close to throw in my mouth. I am not a fan of exercising, I feel it takes away from the little time I have with my family after working all day. Although we did join the Y recently and I've been going swimming with our little one and today we went climbed the rock wall for the first time.... wow was that an eye opener! I felt muscles straining that I didn't know I had. :smile:

I was introduced to this site by a friend yesterday, who's son has seen some pretty impressive results after joining your community. She gave me the website, I started entering my Food Diary yesterday and BAM! I am hooked!!!! This is a great way to track my intake and output everyday and with little effort I had all my goals laid out in front of me within 30 minutes. I am excited to find this amazing tool to help on my journey to a healthier lifestyle. I also read some of the message boards and you seem like a very nice group, supportive of one another and I know that can be a big help along this road.

Good luck to all and I look forward to sharing our successes!!! :drinker:

Replies

• Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!
  • ShelleySC
    ShelleySC Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks Kelly, hey is that serious?! You've lost 127 lbs? That is amazing!! Was it just using this site alone? I would love to hear your story and how you kicked it into gear :bigsmile:
  • lynheff
    lynheff Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Welcome. It is a great site for inspiration, encouragement and help. My personal fav website for delicious but low cal recipes is cookinglight.com. They have many good ones. Hope that is helpful. Good luck!
  • keddabee
    Options
    Welcome! I've been a member for a long time but never used it since my Iphone got stolen :( But I then realised you can do this online YIPEE!

There's so many people on here that are with you every step of the way