Say it here...

Options

Replies

• Cat0703a
    Cat0703a Posts: 17,426 Member
    Options
    My current job is a *kitten* peach. I need to interview every once in a while if for no other reason than to remind me how good I have it.

So in the end it was a success. 😊
  • itchmyTwitch
    itchmyTwitch Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    Cat0703a wrote: »
    My current job is a *kitten* peach. I need to interview every once in a while if for no other reason than to remind me how good I have it.

So in the end it was a success. 😊
    For sure. Going to buy flowers for my office tomorrow 😂
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options
    We haven’t seen this kind of cold in a couple of years but it’s actually normal for this area in January. It usually lasts a week or two. I hate it, thanks.
  • PaperDoll_
    PaperDoll_ Posts: 32,845 Member
    Options
    It’s your fault! 😯
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options
    usually
  • capgordon2302
    capgordon2302 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I think I have enough lemons 🍋 😭 send tequila plz

Don't forget the salt
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options
    upifvn8vcdcg.jpeg
    1qz6s3dbcdjj.jpeg
  • itchmyTwitch
    edited January 18
    Options
    hyyy,

You don’t need to be perfect. Even if you have missed a day here or there you don’t need to give up. Keep going.
  • Alinouveau2
    Alinouveau2 Posts: 6,221 Member
    Options
    I'm too old for this...but it's fun
  • itchmyTwitch
    edited January 18
    Options
    hey you yes you,

If your New Year’s resolutions/goals aren’t hitting just right at the moment maybe it’s a good time to reevaluate.

Maybe you didn’t lay out clear objectives or maybe you were overly ambitious. It’s OK to rewrite them right this minute. Maybe 45 minute workouts six days a week is not sustainable and doesn’t fit well in the context of your life. Rewrite that *kitten*. Make it 25 minutes three days a week. Don’t quit. Just adjust.

For myself, I am struggling with my resolutions to work outside 15 minutes a day and to juggle 15 minutes a day. It turns out that the dark & the cold is too much of a deterrent when I’m not getting home until late and that 15 minutes is far too long for someone who doesn’t have the skills to keep the balls in the air yet. I think I’m going to rewrite my juggling goal to five minutes a day and then will reassess at the end of March. As for the outside work, I’m going to try doing just five minutes a day and if that still turns out to be too much I will wait until the time change in mid March. Five minutes is almost nothing but it’s about building sustainable habits that can be built upon.

The resolutions that are sticking for me are drawing, reading, and lifting weights. I’m not surprised, because those are the things that delight me most right now.

I would love to hear an update from anyone who is interested in sharing. Not just people who are killing it but people who are struggling as well.

And for all of you people who said that New Year’s resolutions are stupid because it’s an arbitrary date… What are you doing now that it’s not January 1?
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,042 Member
    Options
    I’ve been doing ok - fitness and nutrition wise - I’ve been slacking on reading - I’m not a big reader at all but don’t mind non fiction - I read one last year at your suggestion and liked it - and picked another to start this year - I have a few I would like to check it after that I’ve heard recommended on podcasts and what not - Im slacking on playing guitar- have only picked up once this year - but never set an actual goal on l that , just that I wanna play more - maybe I’ll start with 30 min session a week we will see -
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options
    cowsfan12 wrote: »
    I’ve been doing ok - fitness and nutrition wise - I’ve been slacking on reading - I’m not a big reader at all but don’t mind non fiction - I read one last year at your suggestion and liked it - and picked another to start this year - I have a few I would like to check it after that I’ve heard recommended on podcasts and what not - Im slacking on playing guitar- have only picked up once this year - but never set an actual goal on l that , just that I wanna play more - maybe I’ll start with 30 min session a week we will see -
    Cool! If you’re not opposed to audiobooks, I have found them very helpful when I couldn’t get motivated to read.

Maybe you could set yourself a goal of performing a song or two once a month for a select audience…😁😉
  • Rxman1971
    Rxman1971 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Good times lol
  • Makkar86
    Makkar86 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I swear I won’t stop until you’re shaking
  • jbs116
    jbs116 Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    🤮 convulsions count as shaking
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options
    Sometimes it’s like that
    hr4sozntuhwr.jpeg
  • PaperDoll_
    Options
    Cool! If you’re not opposed to audiobooks, I have found them very helpful when I couldn’t get motivated to read.

Maybe you could set yourself a goal of performing a song or two once a month for a select audience…😁😉

I volunteer for audience member. 😃
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options
    PaperDoll_ wrote: »

We can hold hands while we listen
  • PaperDoll_
    Options
    PaperDoll_ wrote: »

We can hold hands while we listen

I’m so excited! I can hardly wait! 🤝
  • Cat0703a
    Cat0703a Posts: 17,426 Member
    Options
    Isn’t it funny that after many years a song can bring back memories of a person so intensely. So to that person, I hope you’re well and your heart is happy.