JUST FOR TODAY... One day at a time .. Daily Commitment for 2024

Options

Replies

• cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,479 Member
    Options
    @PackerFanInGB Sorry to hear of the rat, but I agree with Tim and would remove the feeders. We had one rat once, also in our wood pile and going under the nearest feeder, but only a couple of days before an area hawk took care of that. I missed the hawk swooping in, but watched while it sat on (killed) the bugger before flying off with it. Thank God, because I also did not want dead rat parts on our snow for the rest of winter. No problem in the past few years with any varmints. Oh, we had a woodchuck this past summer, but apparently it just passed through, only saw it one day.

Recap 1/18 R
    1) Lunch with former mgmt colleagues, don't overdo at restaurant & log best guess ~ just had bowl of chili with sour cream & 4 saltines / leftovers for supper / 64+ oz. water :smiley:
    2) Treadmill 2+ miles :smiley:
    3) Call Mom (revise dates of visit? yes, moved to Sun-Mon to avoid snow forecast for Tues) <3 / refill bird feeders home much later than I expected, and I forgot / read / digital declutter / other? I think so, but not sure what :smiley: TA-DA!

JFT 1/19 F
    1) Scallops, rice mix & veg for supper / log all food / 64+ oz. water
    2) Not sure of activity... rest day (second this week)? treadmill (still too cold for walking dog 3 miles)? PT exercises?
    3) Haircut 11:30 / wash dishes / read / digital declutter / other?

About me:
    I'm Carmela
    This is my lifestyle. It's. Not. A. Diet.
    Height 5'4"
    66 yrs old
    Reside in Green Bay, WI, USA

2024 Goals:
    1) Ultimate goal weight 150#... I'll be thrilled if I can get back down to 160# this year
    • Post weekly weigh-in on MFP for accountability. Saturday a.m. is my "official" weigh-in day, and I track daily on a separate app (for the visual). My digital scale only shows half pound increments & I'm too cheap to buy a fancier scale.
    • Take measurements & log on MFP every month end
    2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
    • Try new recipes Unfortunately, no wall oven until mid-Feb or later & sad me, but try slow cooker & stove recipes
    3) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x)
    • Walk dog 3-4 miles, treadmill when necessary in winter, weights/my home version of circuit & other x-training
    • PT (physical therapy) exercises to strengthen arthritic knees & hip flexor
    4) MapMyWalk app You Vs. the Year 1,024km challenge started on Jan. 1
    • In 2023 I logged 726.88 miles, or 1,169.8 km & completed yearly challenge 11.14.23 :star:
    • In 2022 I logged 500.4 miles, or 805km (knee issues).
    5) At least 7,500 steps per day
    • I can earn $10 every month on my Medicare Advantage Plan with 10+ days of 7,500 steps
      January
    6) Participate in my favorite area races ~ I walk, I do not run
    • Registered 12.29.23 for Bellin 10K race on 6.8.24 & eligible to have race fee waived
    • Register for my other usual events, and add other possible events
    7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together
    • Always a good idea
    8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states)
    • Visit parents 1-2 times each month, phone calls in between ~ they're in their late 80s and live 90 miles away
      visit 1.12-1.13 canceled due to snowstorm
    • Monthly contact with former colleagues/others, now that I'm retired
      1.7.24 HH came over & visited at my invitation
    9) Declutter bedroom, home office, basement, books in living room
    • Not as much progress as I hoped last year, but not worse.

Keeping my Word for the Year: Tenacity ~ persistent determination; the mental strength to resist opposition, danger or hardship
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,205 Member
    edited January 20
    Options
    JFT, Thurs, 1/18
    1. log ALL food✔️
    2. concentrate on water✔️
    3. mindful eating .. break those old habits of snacking mindlessly✔️
    4. start quilt for grandson.. 1 side with be KC chiefs, the other side Michigan (he lives in michigan, but loves the chiefs).✔️
    5. work on pc boards✔️
    6. clean sewing room!❌
    7. get back on here.. be accountable✔️
    8. go to gym ✔️ (Already went for 1 hour, going again with hubby this afternoon. Yes.. it is Ok to exercise in the afternoon.. does not have to be just in the morning( breaking my old mindset that if I don't exercise before 9am its too late). I might try and get out for a walk also.. temps in the low 40s today!✔️
    I'm so late in the day today... so will post saturdays goals
    JFT, Saturday
    1. log all food
    2. work on excel spreadsheets to keep track of daughters expenses, spending, etc etc.
    3. work on quilt
    4. clean house
    5. chix enchilidas for dinner
    My weight history
    Name is Joan. Age 73; 5'11"
    SW Year 2017: 220-217
    SW Year 2018: 195.5
    SW Year 2019 : 206 -- met my goal weight of 178, but gained 5 lbs over pandemic
    SW Year 2020: 182.6 -- gained another 12 pounds through the pandemic
    SW Year 2021:195 -- weight fluctuated all year from 184-190s
    SW Year 2022: 190 - reached 182 in August. But weight on a slow increase the rest of
    2051. SW Year 2023: 207.8 - got my weight down to 195; I always gain again between halloween and New Years.
    SW year 2024: 209.0

Goals for 2024:

Staring weight: Jan 7, 2024: 209.0
    Goal weight at the end of 2024: 175-180, and learn to maintain
    Goal to lose 25-30 lbs this year to be in healthy range
    Weight Goals:
    1st goal weight: 199 - reach this by March
    2nd goal weight: 185 - reach this by July
    Ultimate goal weight: 175- reach this by september
    Monthly Goals:
    Feb: 205
    March: 199 - get out of those 200s
    April: 195 (Hubby and my 48 wedding anniversary)
    May: 191
    June: 187
    July: 185 (my birthday - will turn 74! Yikes!)
    August: 179
    Sept: 175
    October: 170--- Ultimate goal weight
    November: learn to maintain 170
    December: learn to maintain 170
    Weekly Weigh-ins (Will weigh every Sunday). Goal .. 1 pound per week. Ill have my first official weigh in today, Jan 7 after a week with our grandson, xmas, and new years.
    Sunday, Jan 7: 209.0
    Jan 14: 211 --- not the best week. Too much snacking and staying in the house. Had margaritas last nite, which I know contributed to the weight gain.
    Jan 23
    Jan 28
    Todays weight 206.2

• clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    JFT Saturday - no treats after dinner!
    1. Stretch. Duo.
    2. YMCA classes.
    3. Grocery list.
    4. Write nouns script.
    5. Draft blog post.
    6. Laundry.
    7. Review lesson plans for week.
    8. Evening: D&D. Dinner: Shared - bring pie? Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    9. Bedtime: Gratitude journal. Duo. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Update JFT.
    10. Goals for this week: Still need to write the Nouns script.
    11. Upcoming: Set up digital portfolio. Get elastic for shoes & take to shoe repair. Discuss Clois & Stuffy. Check in w parents regularly. Get stamps! Need to return the Dolly wig. Need to write blog posts. Contact S about members' displeasure at "being told who to vote for" and requests for info on ALL candidates. Figure out how to pull music from cassette to digital file. Compare costs for ESPs and get D and C to join an org. Hang white wire shelf in small bathroom. Shelves in bedroom. Sash for space dress. Gounod from tape to digital file. When are we going to McKay's next? Organize home repair needs list. Podcast Sun PM. Check with mom RE dinner. Patrick call 5p Mon. No AM exercise class Fri Jan 26; stay late for basketball concessions. Look into day at capitol and which issues will be our focus. Encourage someone from RHS to go. Need to write and shoot the Nouns script.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    End of 2019: 196.4
    End of 2020: 187.4
    End of 2021: 194.4
    End of 2022: 201.2
    Today: 202.6

Long-term goals/progress

1. Professional / read current research. 2. Professional / present at conferences. 3. Professional / publish scholarly articles. 4. Professional / observe student needs and develop supports. 5. Professional / complete a doctorate. 6. Personal / retire comfortably. 7. Personal / renovate house. 8. Community / local progress. 9. Community / time with friends & family. 10. Family concerns. 11. Medical/fitness.

1. Research: Five paragraph essay. How student attitudes affect standardized test results; student surveys.

2. Presenting: Promote YT channel. Invite guests. Record mini-lessons.

3. Publishing: Read one journal article weekly; respond in a blog post. Clois for CWG. S&F for YT channel. Goodreads purchase list for McKay’s. Weekly blog series: Weekly Wishes (Monday) and Weekly Wins (Friday).

4. Observed student needs: Changing words between parts of speech (vocabulary/grammar). Synthesizing info from multiple sources, drawing conclusions (RI/W). EFFECTIVE transitions (W). Every day v everyday; any one v anyone (grammar). Sub/obj pronouns & structure (grammar). Poss v pl nouns (grammar). Short nonfic from Lat Amer/Africa/Asia (World Lit).

5. Doctorate: Research programs, requirements, resources, cost, timeline.

6. Retirement: Update name on JSSB acct. Check investments. Theater CV. Entertainment experience. Duolingo/Lang8.

7. House: Floor joists. Siding. Gutters. Floors.

8. Local progress: Library. Theater. PC2V. City/county govt. Community kitchen. She Should Run vision statement. Union. Dems. Ugly Christmas sweater. Prison abolition; reduce / re-allocate responsibilities dumped on cops. Push for diversity. Turn left!

9. Friends & extended family: Organize photos. Write postcards. Call weekly! Look for activities to do with friends. Purchase doll with long hair; practice French braid. Dance: tap, salsa, samba. Rhythm nation.

10. Immediate family: Clean room; work toward sleeping in room. Clean up behind desk. Drive white car together; practice solo driving. Work on staying home solo when dark.

11. Medical: YMCA classes. Lift @ lunch. Maintain @ 155 w defined muscle tone. At 194, purple All-Stars. 189, 1pr black 1pr white leggings. 179, 2 Svaha Rachel dresses. 169 suit - Indochino? 159 swing dance lessons. Talk to PCP about feet (cannot do calf raises, pushups, planks, mountain climbers, etc.) Why can’t I sleep better? Therapy Mon Feb 5 11A. Dentist May 14 11A. Massage Feb 10 6P. Need to RS colonoscopy and schedule eye exam. PCP virtual appointment Jan 15 1p.

12. Therapy thoughts: I need to talk to my parents about later-life plans (particularly assisted living and funeral preferences). I've never been through something like that and would like to know how to go about making arrangements, but I don't really know who to talk to about it. Identify what I want: to have my professional expertise acknowledged and given the respect it deserves, and to be taken as a legitimate authority. Is it possible to find a faith community that does not include worship? What is the purpose of worship?

13. Just for fun: Start sketching dragon on a pile of books, offering one to the armored knight, & banner that reads "Treasure should not be hoarded / It should be shared." Use AI for ideas.

WFTY: Sustainable. I really, REALLY hope that we have a regular school schedule next week.
    2020 WFTY: Progress. 2021 WFTY: Persistence. 2022 WFTY: Focus. 2023 WFTY: Priorities
  • more_freggies76
    more_freggies76 Posts: 2,606 Member
    Options
    Hour commitment - I won’t eat again until tomorrow. Can still have my dose of metamusal.
  • more_freggies76
    Options
    @PackerFanInGB - I feed the birds too and I've had rat problems. It's a real shame. I also got a lot of really loud parrots and have been afraid the neighbors will complain. (The parrots are beautiful birds, but boy do they like to talk.) Right now I have a system with rubber plates hanging underneath, a baffle on top, and a cage around the tube feeder to dissuade the parrots. They still come but not as much. Anyway, part of me wishes I had never started feeding the birds 25 years ago, but now all the different species seem to need it and I love seeing them outside my window. But not sure how good an idea it is. Several rats have lost their lives because they moved in... Makes me sad. The plates really keep it off the ground though, so the rat problem has lessened or gone away.
  • more_freggies76
    edited January 20
    Options
    JFT for 1/19/24 (today)✔️
    1) No desserts ok today (last 1/14). Can have sugar free or no sugar added.✔️
    2) None of DH's stash ok today (including candy, chocolate raisins, peeps, ice cream, birthday cake).✔️
    3) Peanut butter ok today, 2.5 to 3 T (last 1/12)✔️Didn't eat today.
    4) Don't weigh again until 1/22✔️
    5) No hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 1/15). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.✔️
    6) No honey today(1-3 Tbsp.). (last) (a little in honey mustard ok)(last)✔️
    7) Nuts ok (22-30 g) or 12-14 in-the-shell nuts. (last 1/17) Additional nuts in a meal are ok. Like almonds already in green beans.✔️
    8) No beef jerky today.✔️
    9) Chicken Vienna sausage ok today (trying not to have higher sodium stuff everyday)(last 10/28)✔️Didn't eat today.
    10) Sweet potato and/or pumpkin ok today. (last 1/10)✔️Didn't eat today.
    11) Only 1 ice drink today.✔️
    12) A few tic-tacs as needed everyday. (No max for now, unless it's a problem)✔️
    13) No Harvest Snaps(22-30 g) ok today. (last 1/18)✔️
    14) Tamales ok today.(last 1/9)✔️Didn't eat today.
    15) Olives ok today. (last 1/16)✔️Didn't eat today.
    16) (need to be flexible today - No calorie restriction for lunch.)✔️
    17) Flexible with lunch and dinner because I'm taking my friend for a procedure.✔️
    Hour commitment - I won't eat again until after 12 pm.

JFT for 1/20/24 (today)✔️
    1) No desserts ok today (last 1/14). Can have sugar free or no sugar added.
    2) None of DH's stash ok today (including candy, chocolate raisins, peeps, ice cream, birthday cake).
    3) Peanut butter ok today, 2.5 to 3 T (last 1/12)
    4) Don't weigh again until 1/22
    5) Up to 2.0 oz hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 1/15). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.
    6) No honey today(1-3 Tbsp.). (last) (a little in honey mustard ok)(last)
    7) Nuts ok (22-30 g) or 12-14 in-the-shell nuts. (last 1/17) Additional nuts in a meal are ok. Like almonds already in green beans.
    8) No beef jerky today.
    9) Chicken Vienna sausage ok today (trying not to have higher sodium stuff everyday)(last 10/28)
    10) Sweet potato and/or pumpkin ok today. (last 1/10)
    11) Only 1 ice drink today.
    12) A few tic-tacs as needed everyday. (No max for now, unless it's a problem)
    13) Harvest Snaps(22-30 g) ok today. (last 1/18)
    14) Tamales ok today.(last 1/9)
    15) Olives ok today. (last 1/16)
    16) Can eat dinner early today with FIL. No bread stuff or chips.
    17) Lunch no more than 600 calories today.
    ================== 4DW started =============
    4DWs (4 Day Wins) are here, in a shared file:

Sample

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hrtqbsOInIWeA9sl8FLnEv-ignY21p8m/edit?usp=drive_link&ouid=108259155343870939869&rtpof=true&sd=true

• more_freggies76
    Options
    Hour commitment - I won't eat again until dinner with FIL. No bread or chips at the meal. I can still have my dose of metamusal.
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,479 Member
    edited January 20
    Options
    Recap 1/19 F
    1) Scallops, rice mix & veg for supper / log all food / 64+ oz. water :s too many sweets, kind of mini binge... ACK! Drank plenty of water 80 oz.
    2) Not sure of activity... rest day (second this week)? treadmill (still too cold for walking dog 3 miles)? PT exercises?
    3) Haircut 11:30 / wash dishes / read / digital declutter / other? reviewed bday cards in my stockpile & listed ones needed in coming month (LOTS of Feb bdays in family & friends), printed & filled out birdseed (charity) order, made overnight oats :smiley: TA-DA!

JFT 1/20 Sat. alarm clock day :p
    1) Not sure of supper / log all food / 64+ oz. water
    2) Sunny day, but wind chill only 10(F) which is too cold for dog's feet so no 3 mile walk. I don't want to do the treadmill. PT exercises?
    3) A.M. texts with sister <3 / blanket tie project for missions 9:00 ~ warmed up SUV extra early & I was early enough to help move tables and set up stations / Walgreens ~ picked up colonoscopy drink solution (not until Sept. though! LOL) & bday cards / winter (farmers) market YAY / called Mom <3 another visit cancelation due to her cold this time & sad me / read / digital declutter / Packers v. 49ers 7:15 GO PACK GO! / other?

About me:
    I'm Carmela
    This is my lifestyle. It's. Not. A. Diet.
    Height 5'4"
    66 yrs old
    Reside in Green Bay, WI, USA

2024 Goals:
    1) Ultimate goal weight 150#... I'll be thrilled if I can get back down to 160# this year
    • Post weekly weigh-in on MFP for accountability. Saturday a.m. is my "official" weigh-in day, and I track daily on a separate app (for the visual). My digital scale only shows half pound increments & I'm too cheap to buy a fancier scale.
    • Take measurements & log on MFP every month end
    2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
    • Try new recipes Unfortunately, no wall oven until mid-Feb or later & sad me, but try slow cooker & stove recipes
    3) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x)
    • Walk dog 3-4 miles, treadmill when necessary in winter, weights/my home version of circuit & other x-training
    • PT (physical therapy) exercises to strengthen arthritic knees & hip flexor
    4) MapMyWalk app You Vs. the Year 1,024km challenge started on Jan. 1
    • In 2023 I logged 726.88 miles, or 1,169.8 km & completed yearly challenge 11.14.23 :star:
    • In 2022 I logged 500.4 miles, or 805km (knee issues).
    5) At least 7,500 steps per day
    • I can earn $10 every month on my Medicare Advantage Plan with 10+ days of 7,500 steps
      January
    6) Participate in my favorite area races ~ I walk, I do not run
    • Registered 12.29.23 for Bellin 10K race on 6.8.24 & eligible to have race fee waived
    • Register for my other usual events, and add other possible events
    7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together
    • Always a good idea
    8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states)
    • Visit parents 1-2 times each month, phone calls in between ~ they're in their late 80s and live 90 miles away
      visit 1.12-1.13 canceled due to snowstorm
      visit 1.21-1.22 canceled due Mom's bad cold
    • Monthly contact with former colleagues/others, now that I'm retired
      1.7.24 HH came over & visited at my invitation
    9) Declutter bedroom, home office, basement, books in living room
    • Not as much progress as I hoped last year, but not worse.

Keeping my Word for the Year: Tenacity ~ persistent determination; the mental strength to resist opposition, danger or hardship
  • dennis3031
    dennis3031 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Sick the last few days been having trouble managing cravings
    Commiting to rest and 3 substantial meals today
  • more_freggies76
    Options
    Hour commitment - After my hot cocoa, I won't eat again until tomorrow.
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,073 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!

Sorry for being MIA for so long! Just been so busy!

We had a good Christmas. The kids kindly brought COVID home from school the week before. Ash always hands out presents on Christmas day and he picked up one present, put it back and looked at me and said "I can't do this". So I said it's okay babe I'll do it. I stood up and I was like oh god I need a chair.

Nothing like handing out presents, sweating and shivering 😂.
    But regardless, the kids were over it by then so only me and ash were suffering.
    It meant the kids had to entertain themselves for a couple of days whilst we got better but they were dead good about it. And we took them out a few days later with their Xmas money and got them to buy a Nintendo switch! And they love it! So glad I encouraged them to spend it on something worthwhile.

And they're all back at school now so I'm getting back to a normal routine.

I have TWO holidays this year. One were paying for and one ash's parents are paying for (we just need to get spending money, car rental and dog kennel sorted)

So I really wanna lose this godforsaken mum-tum!
    I haven't been able to read all the posts, I've mainly skimmed them!

But Casey's birthday is 26th Feb! And it was 2018. So she will be 6 very soon! @mytime6630 and I still have that blanket @PackerFanInGB I'll never get rid of it! I love it so much!

This year I have a few goals, I want to lost this weight and get fit and also want to start some kind of hobby/business, and I'm gonna buy a CRICUT machine to do it. Have no idea what I'm doing but our local Hobbycraft store does workshops!

The machines gonna cost about £500 alone but I'm not sure what accessories I need on top of that and I've seen sooo many! But I guess I need to figure out what I want to do first.

And then in 2025 I'm hoping to get married!! (Finally) so we have a lot of saving up to do!!

I hope everyone else is well! (Been thinking of you too Tracey 💞 ) And welcome to the newcomers.
    Gonna get on track with my goals soon so I'll be posting more regularly. Gotta get my head in the game and then I'll be ready to go!
  • more_freggies76
    Options
    JFT for 1/20/24 (yesterday)✔️
    2) None of DH's stash ok today (including candy, chocolate raisins, peeps, ice cream).✔️
    3) Peanut butter ok today, 2.5 to 3 T (last 1/12)✔️
    5) Up to 2.0 oz hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 1/15). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.✔️
    7) Nuts ok (22-30 g) or 12-14 in-the-shell nuts. (last 1/17) Additional nuts in a meal are ok. Like almonds already in green beans.✔️
    9) Chicken Vienna sausage ok today (trying not to have higher sodium stuff everyday)(last 10/28)✔️Didn't eat today.
    10) Sweet potato and/or pumpkin ok today. (last 1/10)✔️Didn't eat today.
    12) A few tic-tacs as needed everyday. (No max for now, unless it's a problem)✔️
    13) Harvest Snaps(22-30 g) ok today. (last 1/18)✔️
    14) Tamales ok today.(last 1/9)✔️Didn't eat today.
    15) Olives ok today. (last 1/16)✔️Didn't eat today.
    16) Can eat dinner early today with FIL. No bread stuff or chips.✔️
    17) Lunch no more than 600 calories today.✔️
    Hour commitment - I won't eat again until after 12 pm.
    JFT for 1/21/24 (today)✔️
    2) None of DH's stash ok today (including candy, chocolate raisins, peeps, ice cream).
    3) No peanut butter ok today, 2.5 to 3 T (last 1/20)
    5) No hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 1/20). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.
    7) Nuts ok (22-30 g) or 12-14 in-the-shell nuts. (last 1/20) Additional nuts in a meal are ok. Like almonds already in green beans.
    8) No beef jerky today.
    9) Chicken Vienna sausage ok today (trying not to have higher sodium stuff everyday)(last 10/28)
    13) No Harvest Snaps(22-30 g) ok today. (last 1/20)
    15) Olives ok today. (last 1/16)
    16) Lunch no more than 600 calories today.

Sample

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hrtqbsOInIWeA9sl8FLnEv-ignY21p8m/edit?usp=drive_link&ouid=108259155343870939869&rtpof=true&sd=true

• clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    JFT Monday - no treats after dinner!
    1. Stretch. Attempt Y class. Duo.
    2. Check in with members about Feb 22 Capitol Day. REVIEW ELECTIVE PLANS. Print script, monologues, play. Print rosters for weeks 2-3 & set up for grades.
    3. ELA: FIVE DAY FEEDBACK WHEN PHONES IN/OUT. Review standards! Characterization. GR signup; link to class account & to 5 classmate accounts. MLA format on J1 and J2.
    4. Planning: Write back to students. Meeting. Schedule eye exam. Schedule surgery. Write a 'wishes' update. Review monologue.
    5. Elective: Logic puzzle. Archetype review; CK 3.1 - notes.
    6. Review interview data; look for patterns.
    7. Return grammar practice while students work.
    8. Evening: AUDITION 8P. Dinner: Salad. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    9. Bedtime: Gratitude journal. Duo. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Update JFT.
    10. Goals for this week: Finish next ESOL assignment. Get through school. Get through ESOL class. Tweetchat. Podcasts. Post to FB for civic groups. Write a blog post. Edit/print the play. Read Patina and return. Write Nouns script and shoot. Schedule upcoming medical appointments.
    11. Upcoming: Set up digital portfolio. Get elastic for shoes & take to shoe repair. Discuss Clois & Stuffy. Check in w parents regularly. Get stamps! Need to return the Dolly wig. Need to write blog posts. Contact S about members' displeasure at "being told who to vote for" and requests for info on ALL candidates. Figure out how to pull music from cassette to digital file. Compare costs for ESPs and get D and C to join an org. Hang white wire shelf in small bathroom. Shelves in bedroom. Sash for space dress. Gounod from tape to digital file. When are we going to McKay's next? Organize home repair needs list. Put laundry away. Podcast Sun. Check with mom RE dinner. Patrick call 5p Thurs. No AM exercise class Fri Jan 26; stay late for basketball concessions..

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    End of 2019: 196.4
    End of 2020: 187.4
    End of 2021: 194.4
    End of 2022: 201.2
    Today: 204.0

Long-term goals/progress

1. Professional / read current research. 2. Professional / present at conferences. 3. Professional / publish scholarly articles. 4. Professional / observe student needs and develop supports. 5. Professional / complete a doctorate. 6. Personal / retire comfortably. 7. Personal / renovate house. 8. Community / local progress. 9. Community / time with friends & family. 10. Family concerns. 11. Medical/fitness.

1. Research: Five paragraph essay. How student attitudes affect standardized test results; student surveys.

2. Presenting: Promote YT channel. Invite guests. Record mini-lessons.

3. Publishing: Read one journal article weekly; respond in a blog post. Clois for CWG. S&F for YT channel. Goodreads purchase list for McKay’s. Weekly blog series: Weekly Wishes (Monday) and Weekly Wins (Friday).

4. Observed student needs: Changing words between parts of speech (vocabulary/grammar). Synthesizing info from multiple sources, drawing conclusions (RI/W). EFFECTIVE transitions (W). Every day v everyday; any one v anyone (grammar). Sub/obj pronouns & structure (grammar). Poss v pl nouns (grammar). Short nonfic from Lat Amer/Africa/Asia (World Lit).

5. Doctorate: Research programs, requirements, resources, cost, timeline.

6. Retirement: Update name on JSSB acct. Check investments. Theater CV. Entertainment experience. Duolingo/Lang8.

7. House: Floor joists. Siding. Gutters. Floors.

8. Local progress: Library. Theater. PC2V. City/county govt. Community kitchen. She Should Run vision statement. Union. Dems. Ugly Christmas sweater. Prison abolition; reduce / re-allocate responsibilities dumped on cops. Push for diversity. Turn left!

9. Friends & extended family: Organize photos. Write postcards. Call weekly! Look for activities to do with friends. Purchase doll with long hair; practice French braid. Dance: tap, salsa, samba. Rhythm nation.

10. Immediate family: Clean room; work toward sleeping in room. Clean up behind desk. Drive white car together; practice solo driving. Work on staying home solo when dark.

11. Medical: YMCA classes. Lift @ lunch. Maintain @ 155 w defined muscle tone. At 194, purple All-Stars. 189, 1pr black 1pr white leggings. 179, 2 Svaha Rachel dresses. 169 suit - Indochino? 159 swing dance lessons. Talk to PCP about feet (cannot do calf raises, pushups, planks, mountain climbers, etc.) Why can’t I sleep better? Therapy Mon Feb 5 11A. Dentist May14 11A. Massage Feb 10 6P. Need to RS colonoscopy (March?). Need to schedule eye exam. Check on PCP for mid-April.

12. Therapy thoughts: I need to talk to my parents about later-life plans (particularly assisted living and funeral preferences). I've never been through something like that and would like to know how to go about making arrangements, but I don't really know who to talk to about it. Identify what I want: to have my professional expertise acknowledged and given the respect it deserves, and to be taken as a legitimate authority. Is it possible to find a faith community that does not include worship? What is the purpose of worship?

13. Just for fun: Start sketching dragon on a pile of books, offering one to the armored knight, & banner that reads "Treasure should not be hoarded / It should be shared." Use AI for ideas.

WFTY: Sustainable.Hopefully this will be an actually-normal week. Ugh.
    2020 WFTY: Progress. 2021 WFTY: Persistence. 2022 WFTY: Focus. 2023 WFTY: Priorities
  • more_freggies76
    Options
    Hour commitment - I won't eat again until after 5 pm. None of the same foods at dinner as at lunh. Can still have my dose of metamusal.
  • mytime6630
    edited January 21
    Options
    JFT, Saturday
    1. log all food❌
    2. work on excel spreadsheets to keep track of daughters expenses, spending, etc etc.✔️
    3. work on quilt✔️
    4. clean house✔️
    5. chix enchilidas for dinner ✔️ They were SO good! Hubby loved them; chicken, black beans . very healthy also!
    JFT, Sunday, 1/21
    1. weigh in✔️
    2. log all food
    3. concentrate on water
    4. clean downstairs✔️
    5. work on quilt
    6. work on pcboards. (For those asking, we build and sell stereo equipment. I build the pc boards (as in putting the parts on them). We officially "retired" this year, but since we have parts, hubby wants me to build them, and he thinks he can sell them to friends, etc to generate some extra revenue for us in our retirement years. I guess its OK.. its too cold to do much else (other than sew)
    7. set up grow lites.... will be starting flower seeds soon!! Bring on spring.
    My weight history
    Name is Joan. Age 73; 5'11"
    SW Year 2017: 220-217
    SW Year 2018: 195.5
    SW Year 2019 : 206 -- met my goal weight of 178, but gained 5 lbs over pandemic
    SW Year 2020: 182.6 -- gained another 12 pounds through the pandemic
    SW Year 2021:195 -- weight fluctuated all year from 184-190s
    SW Year 2022: 190 - reached 182 in August. But weight on a slow increase the rest of
    2058. SW Year 2023: 207.8 - got my weight down to 195; I always gain again between halloween and New Years.
    SW year 2024: 209.0

Goals for 2024:

Staring weight: Jan 7, 2024: 209.0
    Goal weight at the end of 2024: 175-180, and learn to maintain
    Goal to lose 25-30 lbs this year to be in healthy range
    Weight Goals:
    1st goal weight: 199 - reach this by March
    2nd goal weight: 185 - reach this by July
    Ultimate goal weight: 175- reach this by september
    Monthly Goals:
    Feb: 205
    March: 199 - get out of those 200s
    April: 195 (Hubby and my 48 wedding anniversary)
    May: 191
    June: 187
    July: 185 (my birthday - will turn 74! Yikes!)
    August: 179
    Sept: 175
    October: 170--- Ultimate goal weight
    November: learn to maintain 170
    December: learn to maintain 170
    Weekly Weigh-ins (Will weigh every Sunday). Goal .. 1 pound per week. Ill have my first official weigh in today, Jan 7 after a week with our grandson, xmas, and new years.
    Sunday, Jan 7: 209.0
    Jan 14: 211 --- not the best week. Too much snacking and staying in the house. Had margaritas last nite, which I know contributed to the weight gain.
    Jan 21: 208. 6. -- did much better this week; trying to concentrate on evening snacking. I do OK for meals.. its the snacking that gets me.
    Jan 28:
    Todays weight 208.6
  • mytime6630
    edited January 21
    Options
    @Bex953172 - welcome back! We missed you. And congrats on the upcoming wedding!!! You'll have some great motivation for getting healthy! Ask @snowflake68 about the circuit. I think she has one .. there are so many neat things you can do with those. You'll do great!
    @dennis3031 - I hope you feel better soon. There is so much sickness going around it seems with the weather back and forth. Take good care.
    @PackerFanInGB - that is scary having a rat anywhere near your home. I agree.. its sad not to feed the birds, but you don't want those rodents near your place.
    I do watch "Just get it done" videos.. ha.. I really should do the declutter one! I have a very hard time parting with fabric unless I know someone that will use it. So I try and sew it up, but that takes awhile! Right now I'm starting a KC Chiefs and Michigan quilt for my grandson .. and a tshirt quilt. So my sewing room is a mess. Plus I am building pc boards in there. (Yes, I put parts on circuit boards for hubby to eventually sell. Even though we retired, he has enough parts to sell more, and figured it would bring in extra revenue for us in our retirement years. I don't mind.. its easy work.. I just turn on the tv while I do it. Hope you are feeling better with your treatments .. think of you all the time. Take good care.

Going to watch the KC chiefs game tonite while we eat leftover chicken enchilidas. It was a new recipe .. and was so good. It had black beans, which hubby hates, but he couldn't even taste them. So its definitely a keeper. This is my goal this year .. to make meal time more interesting, and try new recipes.
  • mytime6630
    Options
  • more_freggies76
    Options
    JFT for 1/21/24 (today)✔️
    2) None of DH's stash ok today (including candy, chocolate raisins, peeps, ice cream).✔️
    3) No peanut butter ok today, 2.5 to 3 T (last 1/20)✔️
    5) No hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 1/20). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.✔️
    7) Nuts ok (22-30 g) or 12-14 in-the-shell nuts. (last 1/20) Additional nuts in a meal are ok. Like almonds already in green beans.✔️
    9) Chicken Vienna sausage ok today (trying not to have higher sodium stuff everyday)(last 10/28)✔️
    10) Sweet potato and/or pumpkin ok today. (last 1/10)✔️Didn't eat today
    13) No Harvest Snaps(22-30 g) ok today. (last 1/20)✔️
    14) Tamales ok today.(last 1/9)✔️Didn't eat today
    15) Olives ok today. (last 1/16)✔️
    16) Lunch no more than 600 calories today.✔️
    JFT for 1/22/24 (tomorrow)✔️
    2) None of DH's stash ok today (including candy, chocolate raisins, peeps, ice cream).
    3) No peanut butter ok today, 2.5 to 3 T (last 1/20)
    5) Up to 2.0 oz hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 1/20). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.
    7) Nuts ok (22-30 g) or 12-14 in-the-shell nuts. (last 1/20) Additional nuts in a meal are ok. Like almonds already in green beans.
    8) No beef jerky today.
    9) No chicken vienna sausage ok today (trying not to have higher sodium stuff everyday)(last 1/21)
    13) Harvest Snaps(22-30 g) ok today. (last 1/20)
    15) No olives ok today. (last 1/21)
    16) Lunch no more than 600 calories today.

Hour commitment - After my cocoa, I won't eat again until tomorrow.

Sample

• beachwalker99
    beachwalker99 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Hi JFTers! Just dropping in for a quick hello. I'm so sorry for ghosting again. There's just been too much going on for me to focus on goals this month, including a sick dog, family in need of support, and a rocky start to the semester. But I think I see a light on the horizon. We've got one more week of packing before we help my daughter and her boys move into their new place, and then I think I'll be able to breathe. I'm setting my sights on making a fresh start on February first and will work on coming up with some goals by then. In the meantime, I'm keeping you all in my thoughts <3
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,073 Member
    Options
    mytime6630 wrote: »

Mmmmm I love chicken enchiladas!! We nearly have them every week although we switch it up with fajitas sometimes but enchiladas are my favourite.
    Although I don't make them from scratch lol, I use the Old El Paso kits 🤭 (Or supermarket equivalent)