When you feel like crap, what do you do?

Options
to keep from totally throwing the day away by bingeing or something?

Replies

• deathstarclock
    deathstarclock Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    I take a nap
  • ohpiper
    ohpiper Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    Rather than giving into something that is going to set you back, try and see if you can get in a half hour nap to recharge your body and see if that helps to get you back on track.
  • leezanicole
    Options
    Definitely a NAP or just time to myself.
  • stubbysticks
    stubbysticks Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    Work out.
  • wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    I'm old and know you can't feel good every day so I just kind of suck it up and go about my day feeling like crap, or it might get better. LIke today, I have allergies. so started all congested & sneezing but eventually my am meds kick in and the rest of the day is better -
    try to look at it this way - You will never be younger than you are today
  • lostemt76
    lostemt76 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Take nap go on my computer and grab a huge gals of water and play a game.
  • lisapickering
    Options
    I go for a run! It helps me think more clearly, it burns calories, it makes me feel better and it gives me those awesome endorphins!!! (Choose your workout of choice... running totally clears my head!)
  • Helenatrandom
    Helenatrandom Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    Music. Listen to something that pleases you.
  • CaoimheAine
    Options
    sleeep or go for a walk/jog! :)
  • jwerman
    jwerman Posts: 176
    Options
    If you're ill-rest. If you're just having one of "those days"- do what you can, take a walk, call a friend,and if you're feeling snacky...make nutritional choices. You can do it! :)
  • Mommawarrior
    Mommawarrior Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    When I feel horrible, I run. Running fixes lots of things!
  • morgaj8
    Options
    I go run or walk. It always helps me get my mind off of it. Like mind over matter...
  • gazz777
    gazz777 Posts: 722
    Options
    walk. that's how this all started for me.

to avoid a binge I'll snack on water or sugar free mints, carrots, tomato, etc.
  • smkey
    smkey Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Work out.

This is the one I do. No excuses for going back to the old ways!
  • kbizzleoo
    Options
    I try really hard to just think of my goals. and I have this theory that if you can not do something for at least 30 days it will become a habit. So I have been trying to not give into any kind of cakes or cookies for a full 30 days. Keep having to start over :( ... but right now I am on day 2 and am having a positive outlook that i can PUSH THROUGH this time. making games like that for myself always helps. i like to be able to say "oh i haven't ate fast food for 2 months now!"
  • elfie9863
    Options
    I like to go outside and chase my horse around...somehow though, he has figured out he can chase back...Yikes!!!!
  • cownancy
    Options
    This sounds incredibly simple, but when I am feeling like real crap (for me I'm trying not to overeat, not purge) I try to find the most enthusiastic, positive person around and call or do something with that person. I'm serious. Enthusiasm is contagious, as is positivity. It helps me find my good mood. Laughing like a hyena is good for your soul. :laugh:

I don't claim to know what you go through, but I've been fighting severe depression for many years and have been getting some great help and this is one of the most helpful things anyone's ever suggested. Sometimes I actually just go someplace alone and laugh for the sake of laughing....as loud as I can. I end up smiling.
  • cownancy
    Options
    I like to go outside and chase my horse around...somehow though, he has figured out he can chase back...Yikes!!!!
    I find my goats make me feel better than my horses. The goats are always in a good mood. My horses always are asking for something....checking out my pockets, etc.
  • lamlam2468
    lamlam2468 Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    Don't worry too much about it. I was sick last week with a cold and had about 3 nasty cheat days and did not exercise. I just had my weigh-in and gained the 2 lbs I lost last week. That in and of itself is motivation for me to get back on track. If you've been sick, listen to your body. It needs rest and nourishment. When you feel better, then get back on track.
  • deathstarclock
    deathstarclock Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    When I feel horrible, I run. Running fixes lots of things!

These words speak volumes.