Alinouveau2 Posts: 6,206 Member
    Options
    I feel like I'm getting a cold
  • cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 17,808 Member
    Options
    Feel better... 🍲 🍵
    I came back from this latest trip out of town with a cold - that's why I made soup last night
  • This_far
    This_far Posts: 536 Member
    edited January 19
    Options
    Once you’re an adult you never get a break from it. You can never take a day off to be irresponsible. Everyone expects you to always be the caretaker and never the cared for. I’m tired.

There are plenty of S*** bag adults out there who shirk their responsibilities. You're just cursed with taking your parenting and individual responsibilities seriously. Selling yourself short , not everyone does.
  • Alinouveau2
    Alinouveau2 Posts: 6,206 Member
    Options
    cmsienk wrote: »
    Feel better... 🍲 🍵
    I came back from this latest trip out of town with a cold - that's why I made soup last night

I think I'm due for one. I've dodged the horrible Christmas cold most people I know seemed to get. Fingers crossed I can drink lots of tea and get rid of this
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,042 Member
    edited January 19
    Options
    Once you’re an adult you never get a break from it. You can never take a day off to be irresponsible. Everyone expects you to always be the caretaker and never the cared for. I’m tired.

And when we were young we couldn’t wait to be an adult - maybe it gets better when we retire ?
  • cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 17,808 Member
    edited January 19
    Options
    McAfee - somehow an auto renewal hit my account, even though it's not supposed to renew until February 10 AND I turned OFF auto renewal because I'm not sure that's the way I want to go. I've been on the line (and sometimes on hold) with customer support for 20 minutes trying to get them to reverse the charges. I may just need to call AmEx...

ETA: 32 minutes in total and all she did was open a ticket
  • emgracewrites
    emgracewrites Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    Technology malfunctions at work making me fall even further behind. Sooooooooo many technology malfunctions. I think my brain is going to malfunction if any more crap gets dumped on top of me today.
  • itchmyTwitch
    itchmyTwitch Posts: 3,812 Member
    Options
    Number 3 for technology fails.

The company that hosts our online calendar mucked it all up. It’s been days. I’m resorting to writing appointments on a dry erase board.

Pretty sure this and the collapse of the postal system is how it all starts. Soon electricity will be spotty nationwide. Cell phones will get coverage intermittently and then not at all. Websites will be unreachable. MFP will probably be the last to go.
  • cowsfan12
    Options

The company that hosts our online calendar mucked it all up. It’s been days. I’m resorting to writing appointments on a dry erase board.

Pretty sure this and the collapse of the postal system is how it all starts. Soon electricity will be spotty nationwide. Cell phones will get coverage intermittently and then not at all. Websites will be unreachable. MFP will probably be the last to go.

As long as we have mfp is all good right
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options
    cowsfan12 wrote: »

As long as we have mfp is all good right

right 😁
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,550 Member
    Options
    My car will remain at the dealership all weekend.
    The service guy telling me that it’s a big deal to break down the engine.
    Yeah, DS, I know how engines work.
    🙄
    I pray that the lifter (which it will end up being) is on the side they replaced the last time I had to take it up there.

Yep, lifter but we need to replace all 4 on that side.
    Thousand dollars per cylinder is what it comes out to.
    Balls 🤬
  • cowsfan12
    Options
    My car will remain at the dealership all weekend.
    The service guy telling me that it’s a big deal to break down the engine.
    Yeah, DS, I know how engines work.
    🙄
    I pray that the lifter (which it will end up being) is on the side they replaced the last time I had to take it up there.

Yep, lifter but we need to replace all 4 on that side.
    Thousand dollars per cylinder is what it comes out to.
    Balls 🤬

Ugh - sorry my friend -
  • This_far
    This_far Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Forgot how cold 5° was.
  • itchmyTwitch
    edited January 21
    Options
    People who get all up in their feels during a crisis. Deal with the *kitten* first. Cry later.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,596 Member
    Options
    I can't believe I did something so stupid and I know better.

I had to change my toner cartridge on my home printer and I didn't notice/remember the new one has to go in the drum first and now I can't get it out and have to buy a new printer.

I also have proof the person who parks next to me is the one who damaged my car but not much I can do about, I guess.
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,550 Member
    Options
    I’m irked that I still don’t have my car back from the dealership.
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options
    It’s too warm to snow. Except it’s snowing.
  • SwannySez
    SwannySez Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    People who feel the need to one-up anyone else's issues. Y'know. The people who take any complaint from someone and point out how much worse it either is for them or could be for the person complaining.
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options
    *kitten* stirrers
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options
    I thought I could be the kind of person who keeps chocolate on her desk for visitors. I cannot. Into the break room it goes