How to add more meals?

Options
7sorok
7sorok Posts: 112 Member
How to add more meals? Right now we have 6 meal entries. Is there a way to add let's say 1 more as I have a snack before exercising before breakfast?

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,969 Member
    Options
    No.

Some people do name their meals using time frames, so maybe that would work for you, like "12AM-4AM, 4AM-8AM etc."

I just use Meal 1, Elevensies, Meal 2, Meal 3, Afternoon Snack and Drinks, After Dinner Snacks. After a while certain foods fall into one or another of the meal slots regardless of when I eat it, because that way they are easier for me to find.
  • vollkornbloedchen
    vollkornbloedchen Posts: 2,243 Member
    Options
    https://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/diary_settings

In the section "Meal Names" you have six entries which you can easily customize by overwriting the existing.
    So, if you have a "Snack" before "Breakfast" simply name the first entry "Snack", the second "Breakfast", etc ...
  • MikePTY
    MikePTY Posts: 3,814 Member
    Options
    You can only have 6 meals. You can label those 6 meals however you want, but you can't have more than that. So if you are eating more than 6 times in a day, just combine some of your entries into the meals that closest fit when you had it.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,981 Member
    Options
    Some people just label their meals by times (e.g., 12 a.m. to 4 a.m., 4 a.m. to 8 a.m., 8 a.m. to noon, noon to 4 p.m., 4 p.m. to 8 p.m., 8 p.m. to midnight). That should cover everything.
  • 7sorok
    7sorok Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Thanks to all and thanks to MikePTY - you've got the answer to my question
  • lhsantosazs
    lhsantosazs Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    They will mever do it. There is topics like that since 2013.
  • autumnblade75
    autumnblade75 Posts: 1,660 Member
    Options

Interesting choice for a first post, to respond to a year-old thread that the issue has existed for 7 years?
  • HappyAaron101
    HappyAaron101 Posts: 1 Member
    Options

Interesting choice for a first post, to respond to a year-old thread that the issue has existed for 7 years?

Everybody has to start somewhere, like me.. here... Agreeing with lhsantosazs l, because clearly even after ten years of people asking for it, they still haven't added the option for more meals!!!
  • diofigg
    diofigg Posts: 1 Member
    edited January 22
    Options
    This is a rubbish app, avoid it, an App who doesn’t listen your users it doesn’t deserve any penny.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,403 Member
    Options
    @diofigg you don't need to pay for it and I at least don't see ads. You're posting in a user forum though, in a thread from 2020 which has really nothing to do with your rant.
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,127 Member
    Options
    diofigg wrote: »
    This is a rubbish app, avoid it, an App who doesn’t listen your users it doesn’t deserve any penny.

No need to spend any penny using MFP, free version works fine too.

Obviously you're free to use another app, but many people have had success with this one.

As with most websites and apps, choices have to be made regarding future developments. Probably, there are not enough people needing more than 6 meals to warrant this development/ they see other priorities.
    (BTW this app has changed owners at least once since 2013, and many things have changed in the app, some for the better, some for the worse)
  • csplatt
    csplatt Posts: 1,021 Member
    Options
    just tag it on as a snack or add more to breakfast! i do it all the time
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,270 Member
    Options
    @diofigg

Wow. Epic. Your first post dug up an old thread from 18 months ago just to bad-talk a tool that is free and that many people find very useful. Before that, the thread was brought back from the dead after sleeping soundly for three years by another first post from a user who has never posted anything else. Oh. And that post resurrected a year-old zombie thread from yet another first post from another member who never posted anything else.

All of these are classic troll posts, and back in Usenet days I'd simply write, "Please don't feed the trolls." This is the only crumb I will toss: I wish you the best in your endeavors, whatever they may be, because I assume we won't be hearing from you again since you've tossed us in the rubbish bin.