Hello everyone

Options
Hey there I’m just into month 2 of changing my life to be healthier and lose weight and hopefully reverse my type two diabetes. I joined a gym and I’m doing strength training workouts and I’m down 9 lbs so far. My husband and I are doing it together and meal planning low carb no sugar diet with high protein meals with lots of vegetables and the only thing sweet we are eating is fresh fruits and frozen berries in our smoothies. I wish I had lost more weight by now but my medication makes it hard to lose weight so I’m just happy that it’s going down. I need to lose 100 lbs in a year and a half. That’s my goal. If anyone else has any suggestions or advice for me I would really appreciate it. I workout 4 days a week and power walk with my dog every day.

Replies

• mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,403 Member
    Options
    If "Just into month two" means you're about on week five, you're losing at a good rate. Nine pounds in four or five weeks is almost two pounds a week. Losing faster than that isn't healthy.

That's my one piece of advice: go slow. You didn't gain all the weight in 18 months. Losing 100 pounds in 18 months is possible, but it's for sure on the fast/aggressive pace.

OK, another bit of advice; don't do anything to lose weight you aren't willing to continue doing forever. Build good habits that you'll stick to. Think about what you'll do when you lose those hundred pounds so you keep them off.

You can do this. Just keep sticking to it. OK, that's the third bit of advice: DON'T QUIT. Keep sticking to it!
  • reneewill
    reneewill Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Great advice!!