30 ds help

started yesterday but am not putting in my 30 day shred on exercise here because i have no idea how much im burning calorie wise. anyone know where i can get this information?

Replies

• You can either wear a Heart Rate Monitor and log the calories burned from that, or go to exercise here on MFP and search under cardiovascular for circuit training. Put in the amount of minutes you did the Shred and it will calculate your calories. Hope that helps!
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    i log it as circuit training
  • I found a website that said for a 154 lb person, they would burn 503 calories per hour.
    So I just did the math.
    503 calories/1hour= 8.38 per min
    154/8.38 calories per min =0.057 calories per pound per min.
    Multiply that by your own weight, then by the length of the dvd, which I multiply it for 27 minutes( i include the warm up and stretching).
    I'm not sure how 100% accurate this is, but it is the best thing I have found so far!
  • Teliooo
    Teliooo Posts: 725 Member
    I found a website that said for a 154 lb person, they would burn 503 calories per hour.
    So I just did the math.
    503 calories/1hour= 8.38 per min
    154/8.38 calories per min =0.057 calories per pound per min.
    Multiply that by your own weight, then by the length of the dvd, which I multiply it for 27 minutes( i include the warm up and stretching).
    I'm not sure how 100% accurate this is, but it is the best thing I have found so far!

That seems about right. I log mine at about 200.
  • Teliooo
    Teliooo Posts: 725 Member
    http://www.am-i-fat.com/calorie_calculator.html

I use circuit training as well
  • kleavitt1992
    kleavitt1992 Posts: 592 Member
    with my hrm i burn usually 240ish oh and im 142 but you have to remember that age plays a role in how many calories you'd burn plus your average resting rate compared to the range you keep during a work out