You people disturb me.

Options
2»

Replies

• ItsMeMaryW
    ItsMeMaryW Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I was like that most of my life, self doubt, negative self talk and I believed all the put downs I heard. No More!!! I have learned over the past year to be kind to myself and love me for the first time in my life. It's made all the difference in the world in the life change I am on!
  • startingoverca
    startingoverca Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Thank you! YOU are an AMAZING person! I am getting back to MFP after this summer pulled the rug out from under me- repeatedly... I will remember your words when I start to slip... because we are all beautiful! One of my main goals is not so much the 'weight' but to improve my health! Thank you!
  • Gary1977
    Gary1977 Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    Thanks. Very good post!:drinker:
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting this!! The self-hatred hurts my heart. I see so many strong and beautiful people on MFP, and I want everyone to see in themselves what the rest of us see.
  • cownancy
    Options
    <
    VERY guilty of MUCH self-doubt!!!! Sorry to offend others with my self-doubt. When you hear so many negative things for so long you start to believe them. :( I have to overcome negativity in my journey and I realized that before I started. Negativity has been my defeat and I can't let it hinder me this time. Thanks for your post.

Just posted this on a different thread about an hour ago, but the best way to combat self-doubt is to fill your life with people like Troll! That kind of attitude is ENTHUSIASM and POSITIVE and both of these things are contagious. It's very hard to hang around someone like Troll and NOT feel good about yourself! You should print out that comment and read it to yourself several times a day. Get away from everyone, sit down, relax, breathe deeply, close your eyes and tell yourself all of the things written in that post! Do it on a regular basis and if your "friends" are not contributing to that positivity, get new friends. I mean it. This is your life and you deserve to enjoy it. Tell yourself YES, YES, YES, YES you can. Just smile and say yes over and over again to yourself. When you want to say anything else, make it a YES!!!! Accept yourself as you are right now, today, at whatever weight you are.....because the PERSON and SOUL inside is the same, no matter how much you weigh!!!

Surround yourself with happy, positive, enthusiastic people and before you know it, you'll feel so much better. I speak from experience because about 12 years ago, I made the change and it worked within days and then I slipped back, but I just started again a week ago and I feel SO MUCH better already!:flowerforyou:
  • Rachaelluvszipped
    Rachaelluvszipped Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Aw....:blushing:
  • DarMC
    DarMC Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    "Thank you!" This automatically made me think of the song by Christina Agularia, "You are Beautiful!" (Sp)? Have an amazing day, for the rest of your life!! "Muah!"
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
  • JRMcCaghren
    Options
    Very, very nice. I thank you for your words and your insight.
  • mandemonious
    mandemonious Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    :drinker:

thx :wink:
  • MarynEve
    MarynEve Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Definitely just made me smile. Thanks a bunch, Troll =)
  • phindilee
    phindilee Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Well said!
  • smily_001
    smily_001 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    THANK YOU!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • Circa1964
    Circa1964 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    **SMILES** All the way aroud. Let's all hold our head high and know we are "All That And A Bag Of Chips!" Baked Chips that is. LOL
  • MRSKDBB06
    Options
    That's right!!!
  • helper1112
    helper1112 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Thanks I needed to hear that. Your words hit home...
  • PandaofDestruction
    Options
    This is just what I needed today! Thank you!
  • crazycat59
    crazycat59 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Absolutely agree.....we should not be so hard on ourselves. I know I am, and am working on that more positive attitude. I do matter, I am okay, life gives you difficulties and challenges to get strong not to beat you down. We must pull out of ourselves the can do attitude, even if some days its' just a smigeon, barely a spark. Glad to see so many agree! :flowerforyou:
  • locello
    locello Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Best. Troll. Ever.
  • love22step
    love22step Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    Hear! Hear! You don't sound like a troll. :-)