Gained 15lbs in 3 months...

Options
Female 22, not to active lifestyle. Any recommendations to help drop weight? I have been tracking 1300 calories a day. But I feel like I haven't seen the results... I haven't dieted in years am so lost!

Replies

• yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,403 Member
    Options
    Do you mean you didn't lose weight, or you gained 15lbs in 3 months? To be honest, there's just no way you'd gain weight while only eating 1300 calories. How good is your tracking? Is there anything that has calories that you don't weigh on a scale or don't track at all? Do you track every single day? Do you eat out a lot?

Also, can you share your stats? Then we can get to the bottom of this together.

Note: if you really did gain 5lbs per month, then that's eating 17500 calories over your maintenance calories per month, or roughly 600 calories per day.
  • wm3796
    wm3796 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Use a food scale and measure all foods. Try to limit eating out since there are added sauces, oils that add extra calories. Prelogging all meals for the day helped me not go over on calories. Some people eat frequent snacks but for me eliminating a lot of that and sticking to 3 healthy and filling meals helped a lot. Most importantly don’t give up!
    Try to make small changes every week and these will add up.
  • csplatt
    csplatt Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    How long have you been tracking? Do you have a digital food scale? I’m assuming you started tracking AFTER gaining the weight?