Constantly Hungry

Options
Hi there

I have been on MFP for 2 weeks now and am loving the logging of my food... but.....
no matter how I structure my meals and how much water I drink, I am constantly hungry...

My days goes something like this...

Breakfast
snack
lunch
snack
gym
dinner

This has only started in the last 3 days...

Any advice?

Replies

• svetlana_vs
    Options
    It might be Time of Month... I try then to spend more calories through excercise and earn them for eating more :-) Usually having more proteins helps as well. But reality is, you are hungry before TOM :-), this is hormones, just try not to go too crazy with overeating and try to move more.
  • kendrafallon
    kendrafallon Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    Can I suggest you open your diary up so folks can see what you're eating when? You being constantly hungry may have to do with the sort of food you're eating and when you're eating it.
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    my answer totally there totm hits me hard too!
    other from that you will get used to the "hungry" feeling even if you are not ,,pretty quickly and your body will not do it!
  • kendrafallon
    kendrafallon Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    I would agree that being on your period is one reason, but it's not necessarily the only reason.
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
    I was super hungry pretty much nonstop for the first 7 months. I still have weeks like that.

Just deal with the discomfort. Hunger won't kill you.

And for anyone who tells you you're not eating enough, they're wrong as long as you're NETTING (that means eating your exercise calories) what MFP tells you to, then you're eating plenty. If you're hungry all the time it's probably because, like me, you were stuffing your face for the last however-many-years and your satiety meter is broken to smithereens.

You'll get through it. Mind over matter. :)
  • Tabbi_RN
    Options
    I agree with the idea that it could have something to do with the types of foods you are eating and when. most carbs tend to digest quickly, they raise your blood sugar quickly which makes your body feel great but then they "leave" quickly causing your body to crash in a sense. so when your blood sugar drops your body tells you to eat again. proteins and fibers digest more slowly so they help you feel satisfied longer and keep your blood sugars at a more steady level. however, snacking in between meals is great for your metabolism. Eating small amounts 6 times a day is better than 3 heavy meals. Also, what helps me with hunger is bulking up my meals with veggies. For example if im having a turkey sandwich I skip the cheese but load it up with lettuce and tomato. At dinner Ill eat green beans or make a cucumber salad. etc. etc. Hope that helps!
  • Goonygugu
    Options
    Thanks Everyone

I have opened my diary. you will see that I eat pretty healthily...

Like McKayMachina says - mysatiety meter is probably broken to smithereens. :-D

Now if the weight would just start falling off it would be great!! :-)
  • fixeruppper
    fixeruppper Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I just seriously started doing the program 3 weeks ago. This is not an easy journey for any of us. I've had some really bad days, e.g. went crazy last week - had a big piece of coconut cream pie, then felt sick physically and soon after was beating myself up. How dumb was that?? This is a huge battle but this program is amazing and by truthfully documenting what we eat every day and with all the support we're getting we have a really good chance of winning this war. You'll come up with strategies but never give up because you loose the odd battle. Good luck!!!!
  • svetlana_vs
    Options
    I briefly looked at your diary, and to this quick look - you are not eating up your exercise calories, and you have a very light lunch... I would add proteins and maybe even bread to lunch, exercise almost daily and eat up your cal's. That would make you feel very good.

1200 cals is almost always hard for me, but when I have extra 200-300 cals from exercise, this is quite enough, unless I want to go wild :-)