Wheat Bread Recipe

Options
Any bread makers out there that make their own Bread? I would love an easy no knead all wheat recipe if you have one!

Replies

• clw_888
    clw_888 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    bump Me too!!!
  • Hottness4Lyfe
    Hottness4Lyfe Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • lkelly
    Options
    This is my family's favorite so far (copied from my blog):

Yield: 2 loaves

Ingredients:
    2.75 cup hot water
    .33 cup EVOO (extra virgin olive oil)
    .33 cup organic honey
    2 tbsp molasses (you can also substitute extra honey for a sweeter bread)
    1 tbsp salt
    7.5 cups organic 100% whole wheat whole grain flour
    1 packet dry active yeast

The steps (mix in between steps):

Place first five ingredients in the bowl and mix.

Add 2 cups of the flour.

Add yeast

Add 4 cups of the flour

Keep mixing until consistency is even. Slowly add remaining flour .5 cup at a time, until the dough no longer sticks to the sides of the bowl. Do not exceed 7.5 cups of flour. Remember that the dough should be tacky, and over mixing will cause your bread to turn out tougher than you probably like.

Cover the bowl and let it rise for 30-45 minutes in a warm place. If using a stand mixer, it doesn't necessarily need to double it just needs time to grow.

Grease two standard sized loaf pans with either flour or calorie free cooking spray (butter flavor is my favorite).

Punch dough down and drop onto a floured surface. Work the dough and shape it into a ball, divide in half and do it again. Shape the loaves by turning dough under itself over and over again. When its shaped right, you'll have an oblong loaf shape that is smooth on sides and top (there can be a crease on the bottom, it still tastes just fine ;-) )

Drop the loaves in your pans and let them rise until almost doubled. Bake in a preheated oven @ 350* for 36 minutes. Remove from oven and turn out onto a wire rack. Do not wrap until completely cool, and do not refrigerate ever. Unless of course you enjoy eating loaf shaped bricks.
  • Gwooh
    Gwooh Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I will try it this weekend!
  • dawnmichelea
    dawnmichelea Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna make this weekend too!