Sharing food diary with friends has disappeared

Options
2»

Answers

• Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,194 Member
    edited January 29
    Options
    Someone in another thread suggested closing your diary so the link shows up in your feed and then the other person should be able to access it that way on the app?
  • advenkit2839
    advenkit2839 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

Some recent update completely removed the ability to look at my friend’s food diary and copy their meal (my partner and I use this feature)- is it just me or is it a bug?
  • Lietchi
    edited January 30
    Options
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,640 Member
    Options
    I (premium) can’t see husband’s (free) food diary and he can’t see mine, to copy meals to his diary.

When I randomly select a friend to view their diary, there’s no longer an option to do so.

It appears the only way I can view someone’s diary is IF they’ve closed it, it comes up in my newsfeed and has a link.

I have all those notifications turned off so I don’t clutter up the newsfeed. (I’d wear my friends out if I notified them of every workout. Retirement is grand.)

Will turn the food diary notification back on as a temporary fix, but…..

This really cramping our style that we can’t as easily share meals now.
  • ctrifle
    ctrifle Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Tech support says to go to the App Store (iOS) and download the latest update. It states the latest update will fix the issue wiith diary sharing. My wife and I both just downloaded the update but the issue did not get fixed.
  • iamwalrus1
    iamwalrus1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Wife and I have same issue after latest update.
  • djbrown6725
    djbrown6725 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Any updates on fixing the issue reported with sharing - it’s been over a week
  • EliseTK1
    EliseTK1 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I noticed the inability to remove a friend in iOS. I had to go to the desktop version to do it. Also when I get a friend request and hit accept, an error message pops up. It still accepts them, so not a big deal, but it’s annoying.
  • Chr15tyYou11g
    Chr15tyYou11g Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Wondering what we are doing wrong with the diary sharing. My wife and I want to share the meals we have and have tried the various options in Diary Sharing under settings. Cannot work it out. Any help would be appreciated please.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,640 Member
    Options
    Wondering what we are doing wrong with the diary sharing. My wife and I want to share the meals we have and have tried the various options in Diary Sharing under settings. Cannot work it out. Any help would be appreciated please.

Temporary workaround: whichever of you is the “lead” will need to close their diary. The other can then see the closed diary in their newsfeed and gain access there.

(They’ll need to have their privacy settings changed to “share when I close my diary”. )
  • Lietchi
    edited February 6
    Options
    Jean wrote: »
    Thank you all for your patience and understanding! We have released version 24.4.0 to the App Store that includes a fix for this issue.

If after updating you are still having issues, please reach out to us here https://myfitnesspal.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new for further support.

Quoting this answer, because it's pinned at the top of the thread (1st page) so most people probably haven't seen it.