100 day challenge #18 Monday January 1st – Tuesday April 9th 2024

Options

Replies

• dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,570 Member
    Options
    @tinathescreamer

Yes! They are cookies, and high in calories.

Fruit instead of fruit juice.
    Real foods instead of a shake or a cookie.

I appreciate everything that you said. It is an industry.

• dawnbgethealthy
    Options
    @jennysweet58

Happy Birthday!!!!!!
  • dawnbgethealthy
    edited February 3
    Options
    Hi
    I am Dawn
    5'2" (used to be 5'3"), 63 years old

Brand new year! Of course going to try to take off some greasy pounds.

Week 1 Goal: 143.2 (beginning of last 100)
    Week 1 actual weight: 145.6 - Start weight of the week 145.6

Week 2 Goal: Didn't put one this week
    Week 2 actual weight: 145.0 - started the week at 145.8

Week 3 Goal: 143.4
    Week 3 actual weight: 144.8

Week 4 Goal: 143.8
    Week 4 actual weight: 144.6 - Used Saturday's weight

Day 29 -01/29 - 145.6 - I really would like to be down 15 pounds by Cancun in May, otherwise my cute summer dresses will not fit, and bathing suits??
    Day 30 -01/30 - 146.4 - Over in calories yesterday, only 2 Fitness Marshall songs since I am babying my sore shoulder. Only one job the next 2 days, so my stress level is going to drop and hopefully the pounds will follow. Having a pedicure today, she is a nurse and does lots of seniors' feet. She will get right in there : - ) Yes, I will be having a glass of bubbly and some camembert afterward.
    Day 31 -01/31 - 145.4 - Yesterday was a very good day, only worked one job, had my feet worked on.
    Day 32 -02/01 - 145.8 - Intake and output were good. Sleep has been terrible for 2 nights in a row.
    Day 33 -02/02 - 146.2 - I feel leaner than that, and feel like I am on track, so I will take this morning's weight in stride. 2 jobs today even though I don't feel like it. Working towards house insurance, property taxes, winter heating bills, and...my trip in May : - ) I always gain weight at those all-inclusives, and am okay with that, but want to take a bunch off before going so that my sundresses and shorts will fit. The horror of thinking about bathing suits lol.
    Day 34 -02/03 - 145.2 - Working both jobs this weekend, and until Wednesday then down to one for 2 days. Knowing that this schedule isn't forever will get me through the next 3 months of working 7 days per week. I found a scale on sale for $12, so will pack that into my suitcase in May and I can leave it there if my suitcase is too heavy upon departure : - )
    Day 35 -02/04 -

Week 5 Goal: 143.8 - Just putting this number in until I hit it
    Week 5 actual weight:

2slc2ibuh0h7.png

Start weight of this 100: 145.6
    Measurements: Waist - 33", Hips 37"
  • deepwoodslady
    deepwoodslady Posts: 10,876 Member
    Options
    @deepwoodslady . I too am in my 60s, tho not diabetic, and have been recommended a similar protein amount. I go with what the experts say and ignore all the "health" and "fitness" "coaches". Why? Because you don't have to have any qualifications to call yourself a coach - so many of them don't really know about proper nutrition. Also, they tend to be young and good looking, which gets them lots of young followers, but they haven't lived long enough to experience the down side of their often extreme diets. Professional nutritionists have access to over a hundred years of studies, and are interested in long term health, not just looking buff Professionals know which studies are valid, those of us without a background in nutrition science are prone to be influenced by popular diet books, sensational news media articles, and above all, advertising. Think how many diet trends we've seen come and go in our 60 plus years = low fat, low carb, food combining, gluten free, rice diet, sugar free diet, high fiber, high ptotein, vegan, now carnivore etc. etc. Someone brings out a new diet book which relies heavily on a few cherry picked studies. All diet books tell you that it's not your fault you're overweight, diets don't work, and calories in calories out isn't true - they sell you by telling you what you want to hear. They all assure you you can eat all the food you love on their "lifestyle eating plan" (it's not a diet!). They demonise one particular food, eg fat, sugar, meat, dairy. If you omit that, they tell you, you can eat all you want of the other foods and they won't make you fat!. The media latches onto it because it's new and different to the boring same old advice offered by nutritionists - moderate foods high in fat and sugar, plenty of fruit and veggies, enough protein and complex carbs- and it gains a load of publicity. Then the food manufacturers jump on board and start churning out what are essentially cookies. They may have the words "contains oat fiber" "plant protein" "gluten free" "healthy fat" or whatever's currently in vogue, but trust me, they're cookies. And if you look at the calorie count on the nutrition facts label, it has just as many calories as a regular cookie. The food manufacturers know what people like to eat, and it's cookies. And thanks to the "halo effect" - people thinking this is good for me and the calories don't count, they eat the whole darn packet! And gain weight. Until the pendulum swings in the opposite direction - a new diet book comes along which claims all the previous research was wrong, here's the new gen, so let's all throw the baby out with the bathwater, forget all that we previously did, and do the complete opposire ..... do I hear bugles in the distance? It's the 7th Food Manufacturers' Cavalry arriving with new cookies specially formulated for the new diet! Advertised all over the media - get some now! I woldn't be surprised to learn it's really the cookie makers who are writing all the diet books and funding studies that "prove" what they want to sell us is the magic ingredient that will make us healthy andslim.

Phew! that was a long rant. Shorter version - track calories. The feedback will show you which are the high calorie foods, so reduce consumption of those (hint - it's those high in both sugar and fat) All foods except refined sugar and fat contain some protein, so ignore the reductionists who try to categories foods as macro nutrients (Pizza? Eek! it's carbs - don't touch! Reality - it also contains fat and protein. If you don't eat it, or have carrot sticks instead, it's not some magic science of avoiding carbs - IT'S BECAUSE YOU TOOK IN LESS CALORIES! Try to stick consistently to the suggested calorie limit, ignore the suggested percentages of macro nutrients and concentrate on meeting the total grams of protein recommended for you by the doctor/nutritionist who is qualified to treat diabetes. As you say, it won't be hard to meet - I do so regularly and I don't eat much meat - and I certainly don't take protein supplements! If you look at food items like eg a cup of oatmeal, you will be surprised to see it contains several grams of protein - all those little bits add to the daily total. For the rest, I eat plenty of veggies and beans to meet the suggested fiber intake, and check the reports once a week to see I'm getting enough vitamins and minerals.

@tinathescreamer Thanks for taking the time to answer. I 100% agree that many (even most) of the studies done are likely done by food manufacturers. This makes it very difficult to get real answers without an actual dietician. Even our PCP's have very little training in nutrition so it can be difficult to get real answers. As a diabetic, I do have to watch the amount of carbs in my diet but that certainly does not mean I have to do Keto. I need to make sure that my carbs are the healthy ones too, the complex carbs. Not the "so-called healthy cookies"! I agree that the little bits of protein we find in healthier foods do add up for the day and that is my main concern. I don't want to go over what is recommended in order to protect my kidneys which are vulnerable with diabetes. The responses have shown me how to find the lower end recommendations and the upper end as well. I will aim for these ranges. I will be seeing the endocrinologist soon and will certainly pose the question as well. As you mentioned, they are probably the best professional to ask outside of an actual dietician. I agree that calories in vs calories out is the way to go for weight loss for a safe and sustainable way to reach our goals. Calories are always something I will count. It is the tried and true science overall for LASTING weight loss. I do read a lot of books but they are not about specific diets. I agree with you that many of those have an agenda. I tend to lean more toward books on attitudes about food or fitness more than actual diet plans. Again, thanks for all the input, it definitely makes perfect sense to me!
  • deepwoodslady
    Options
    Okay, so I need some help here.

What is on my mind: As a diabetic I want to protect my kidneys (protein is tough on them). However, as an older person over 60 and someone trying to lose weight, I want to protect my muscle.

When I google my recommended protein intake, all the calculators and manual mathematical calculations put me at about 65 or 66 grams per day. That seems low to me and so very easy to reach. And yet I read all the posts on so many challenges where people are eating protein bars, drinking protein shakes etc. trying to reach their goals. I'm confused. Even Harvard Medical School is recommending 65 gr per my weight.

I would love it if those of you that have time will chime in on this for me. I'm looking for your opinions as well as your knowledge and/or experience with it. I need to know if I should tweak my macros. Right now I have mine set for 25% which gives me grams that are often much higher than the recommendations.

Thanks for any help you guys can give. I am posting this on a couple of my challenges and look forward to any and all responses.

Donna

I am sure that you will get lots of responses Donna.
    I have heard a few say that they can't have too much protein.
    Vegetarian and Vegan people seem to be able to maintain muscle mass, mind you they are getting their protein from other sources besides flesh foods.

Sounds to me like you have done your homework and 65g seems to be the consensus.

Add in some more muscle building activity into your day?

As for your going to bed earlier to avoid very late night snacking. Well, if it is Netflix it doesn't really matter what time it is when you want to watch it? Seems like the earlier to bed netted you a couple of pounds lost. Food for thought?
    I feel like you will very soon be back into the 170s : - )

@dawnbgethealthy I've been given some formulas that will help find both the lower end and the upper end of my protein goals. It seems to range from 65-90 so that anything in-between is not too taxing. Great info to know!

In regards to Netflix during the day, I am just too busy and all over the place, even when at home. I really like to focus on my shows, not miss half of them. I guess I will just have to watch fewer episodes at night. The upside is that if I get more sleep each night maybe I will live long enough to see them all anyway! Now THAT is a plan!
  • deepwoodslady
    Options
    100 Days of Weighing In ^^^^^ January 1st thru April 9th, 2024

weight.png

“We will encounter many defeats but we must not be defeated.” ~Maya Angelou

My Name is Donna, Age 63. I am 5’5” tall & I live in Northern Michigan USA
    Starting Weight from End of Last Challenge: : 183.8
    Goal This Round: 171.8
    Challenge Actual Ending Weight: xxxxx

Every healthy habit brings me closer to scratching each of these off to NEVER see them again!
    250’s; 240’s; 230’s; 220's; 210's; 200's; 190's; 180’s; 170's; 160's; 150’s

Previous Rounds[/tomato] Tally & Thoughts:
    This shows the ending weights of each round:
    Round #1 --- 199,8
    Round #2 --- 186.8
    Round #3 --- 195.6
    Round #4 --- 211.0
    Round #5 --- 211.3
    Round #6 --- 205.4
    Round #7 --- 207.6
    Round #8 --- 195.2
    Round #9 --- 185.2
    Round #10—195.2
    Round #11---200.8
    Round #12---200.4
    Round #13---196.2
    Round #14---191.2
    Round #15---194.0
    Round #16---188.0
    Round #17---183.8

Thoughts:

While other challenges may show bigger losses (or gains), it really depends on what date you are looking at with me because I do go up & down quite a lot, especially with my frequent required day trips. However, from Jan 1st through Dec 31st, I lost 16.0 pounds in the full year of 2023. That is what I have lost and KEPT OFF. While I am very proud of that, I know that the road ahead is long and will be a difficult one since I still have so far to go and so many health related obstacles in my way. Each 100 day round I am extremely grateful for any progress I can make, no matter how big or small. I am also grateful for all the support from all of you that I get on a daily basis. Working on my health has become my #1 priority. My main goals are to maintain my remission by staying cancer free and to keep my diabetes in control. Losing weight is key to both goals.

Previous Weeks:

Weight in blue makes me blue because it’s a gain. Weight in fuchsia pink makes me feel cheery because it’s a loss. Weight in black means no change.

Day 01-01/01-181.6-(Trend weight 180.3)

Day 02-01/02-181.4-(Trend weight 180.4)

Day 03-01/03-181.4-(Trend weight 180.5)

Day 04-01/04-182.0-(Trend weight 180.7)

Day 05-01/05-DNW-(Trend weight DNW)

Day 06-01/06-183.0-(Trend weight 181.2)

Day 07-01/07-183.0-(Trend weight 181.3)

WEEK 1 LOSS OR GAIN: 0.8 lbs Lost
    Accumulated Loss or Gain: 0.8 lbs Lost

Weight in blue makes me blue because it’s a gain. Weight in fuchsia pink makes me feel cheery because it’s a loss. Weight in black means no change.

Day 08-01/08-179.8-(Trend weight 181.2)

Day 09-01/09-DNW-(Trend weight DNW)

Day 10-01/10-DNW-(Trend weight DNW)

Day 11-01/11-DNW-(Trend weight DNW)

Day 12-01/12-DNW-(Trend weight DNW)

Day 13-01/13-182.0-(Trend weight 181.0)

Day 14-01/14-183.0-(Trend weight 181.2)

WEEK 2 LOSS OR GAIN: 0.0 lbs lost or gained (results may be skewed by new scale)
    Accumulated Loss or Gain: 0.8 lbs LOST

Day 15-01/15-183.4-(Trend weight 181.3)

Day 16-01/16-183.4-(Trend weight 181.5)

Day 17-01/17-182.6-(Trend weight 181.8)

Day 18-01/18-183.4-(Trend weight 182.1)

Day 19-01/19-DNW-(Trend weight DNW)

Day 20-01/20-183.6-(Trend weight 182.3)

Day 21-01/21-184.4-(Trend weight 182.5)

WEEK 3 LOSS OR GAIN: 1.4 lbs Gained
    Accumulated Loss or Gain: 0.6 lbs Gained

Day 22-01/22-184.2-(Trend weight 182.7)

Day 23-01/23-185.2-(Trend weight 183.0)

Day 24-01/24-184.6-(Trend weight 183.3)

Day 25-01/25-185.2-(Trend weight 183.7)

Day 26-01/26-182.4-(Trend weight 183.6)

Day 27-01/27-183.4-(Trend weight 183.5)

Day 28-01/28-181.6-(Trend weight 183.3)

WEEK 4 LOSS OR GAIN: 2.8 lbs. Lost
    Accumulated Loss or Gain: 2.2 lbs. Lost

Day 29-01/29-181.6-(Trend weight 183.2)

Day 30-01/30-181.2-(Trend weight 183.0)

Day 31-01/31-181.6-(Trend weight 182.9)

Day 32-02/01-183.4-(Trend weight 183.0)

Day 33-02/02-181.8-(Trend weight 182.8) Today is my typical late weigh-in for Friday. No TMI x 3 so that is a little worrisome. It was a good day yesterday. I stuck to my diet plan and did a moderate amount of exercise. I was in bed by midnight so I could get up for the school bus with DGS today. Midnight is much earlier than usual for me. That really kept me from the super late night snacking. Maybe I should get in bed earlier more often although that means giving up my “me” time. I’m a Netflix junkie. I tried weighing on my old scale today which I thought was broken. I kept it just in case it was a moisture thing, etc. I moved it around in several places and the weight and fat % was consistent. It puts me at about 1.5 lbs. less than this new one. Which one do I believe? Of course, I want to believe the old one! For now, I will stick to this new one since I’ve already paid for it. But it made this beautiful sunny winter day in Michigan seem a little brighter today than I thought was possible. Happy Groundhog’s Day! It is reported that he did not see his shadow indicating an early spring. That never happens in my neck of the woods. Our last snowfall is usually in early May.

Day 34-02/03-182.6-(Trend weight 182.8) There was something in the house that was haunting me. It’s gone now. Up 0.8 today. I will be making soup for dinner. Homemade chicken noodle so there will be pasta. I will try to make the rest of the day accommodate that.

Day 35-02/04-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

WEEK 5 LOSS OR GAIN:
    Accumulated Loss or Gain:

Future weeks to come

Day 36-02/05-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 37-02/06-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 38-02/07-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 39-02/08-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 40-02/09-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 41-02/10-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 42-02/11-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

WEEK 6 LOSS OR GAIN:

Day 43-02/12-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 44-02/13-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 45-02/14-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 46-02/15-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 47-02/16-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 48-02/17-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 49-02/18-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

WEEK 7 LOSS OR GAIN:

Day 50-02/19-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Halfway Progress Report: …..Pounds Lost so Far:

Day 51-02/20-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 52-02/21-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 53-02/22-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 54-02/23-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 55-02/24-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 56-02/25-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

WEEK 8 LOSS OR GAIN:

Day 57-02/26-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 58-02/27-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 59-02/28-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 60-02/29-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 61-03/01-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 62-03/02-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 63-03/03-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

WEEK 9 LOSS OR GAIN:

Day 64-03/04-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 65-03/05-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 66-03/06-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 67-03/07-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 68-03/08-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 69-03/09-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 70-03/10-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

WEEK 10 LOSS OR GAIN:

Day 71-03/11-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 72-03/12-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 73-03/13-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 74-03/14-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 75-03/15-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 76-03/16-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 77-03/17-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

WEEK 11 LOSS OR GAIN:

Day 78-03/18-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 79-03/19-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 80-03/20-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 81-03/21-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 82-03/22-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 83-03/23-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 84-03/24-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

WEEK 12 LOSS OR GAIN:

Day 85-03/25-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 86-03/26-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 87-03/27-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 88-03/28-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 89-03/29-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 90-03/30-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 91-03/31-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

WEEK 13 LOSS OR GAIN:

Day 92-04/01-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 93-04/02-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 94-04/03-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 95-04/04-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 96-04/05-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 97-04/06-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 98-04/07-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

WEEK 14 LOSS OR GAIN:

Day 99-04/08-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 100-04/09…..(Final Weigh- In)-xxxxx-(trend weight xxxxx)

• Lynn__W
    Lynn__W Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    Donna, I googled "canadian diabetes guidelines regarding protein" and found the following.

"A protein intake of 0.8-1 g/kg should be recommended only for patients with diabetes and chronic kidney disease. Other patients with diabetes should not reduce protein intake to less than 1 g/kg of body weight."

My interpretation is the deciding factor is whether or not one has chronic kidney disease, and I understand your awareness of avoiding kidney issues.

Are you able to have blood tests for a baseline of kidney function? Then based on that you'll know if you need to adjust your protein intake.

I also googled "Canada Food Guide 2023" ( I haven't compared it to American food guide) which we use as a general food guide. Hubby eats more grains & cereals than I do, I'm more a meat / protein ( fish, chicken and perhaps too many eggs) person but so far my kidney function is in normal range.

https://food-guide.canada.ca/en/applying-guidelines/advice-nutrition-different-life-stages/

A couple of my co-workers are on a "diet" plan that's incredibly high protein. It seems to be working for them at the moment but personally I know it's def not for me. I'd be afraid what that much meat and cheese would do to my cholestrol levels etc.

Tina made a good point about current food guidelines . . . how influenced are they by the food industry. I can see protein bars if one's going hiking etc or to keep in your car in case of emergency, but on a daily basis? A boiled egg or a deli meat wrapped in a light cheese slice or lettuce avoids the sugars.
  • Lynn__W
    Lynn__W Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    NoynoyAvery ~ you asked about dealing with stress.

I also turn to food. Often will get thru the initial stress okay but when I relax down a bit I eat. Now, IF I'm in "the smart" zone, I'll have flavored herbal tea ( mango or something similar), and try to remember to do relaxing breaths. But all too often food is my "go to";
    Since I can't always manage my actions, I then try to make my environment safer for me. No cakes or cookies around. Or if they are around and calling me, I'll dump the rest into the garbage or down the toilet. A waste?? better than dumping it down my throat and suffering the consequences . . . speaking from experience due to 10# wt gain since last summer.
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,295 Member
    Options
    Thank you, @dawnbgethealthy !
    I'm in!
    73 year old female...5'5" ...I used to be 5'7" but arthritis hit and I lost two inches, so now that two inches is squished around my waist like the billows of a big accordion...
    ...Oh, well. I'll just keep working on it.
    Heaviest: 192.2
    Round GW: 148.0
    UGW: 145.0
    Day 01 - 01/01 - 147.7 at 9:20 a.m. ...6.79 miles in 146 mins ...my trainer is out w/covid!!!
    Day 02 - 01/02 - 148.3 at 6:30 a.m. ...zero
    Day 03 - 01/03 - 147.5 at 8:45 a.m. ...zero
    Day 04 - 01/04 - 147.5 at 8:30 a.m. ...5.04 miles in 104 mins
    Day 05 - 01/05 - 148.7 at 8:00 a.m. ...zero
    Day 06 - 01/06 - 149.0 at 5:30 a.m. ..family over for Salad Saturday!
    Day 07 - 01/07 - 147.2 at 8:30 a.m. ...5.35 miles in 111 mins
    Week 1 loss/gain - -.5
    Day 08 - 01/08 - 149.4 at 6:30 a.m. ...Grandson Duty then zero...my trainer is still out w/covid!!!
    Day 09 - 01/09 - 148.7 at 6:00 a.m. ...1 yr old Grandson Duty then 1.80 miles in 49 mins w/7 yr old Grandson to the park and back!!
    Day 10 - 01/10 - 149.5 at 5:30 a.m. ...Grandson Duty then zero
    Day 11 - 01/11 - 149.0 at 6:00 a.m. ...Grandson Duty then zero...too cold to walk out there
    Day 12 - 01/12 - 149.0 at 5:30 a.m. ...Grandson Duty then cleaned the house before our housekeeper got here!!
    Day 13 - 01/13 - 148.0 at 7:00 a.m. ...zero...too cold and windy!!!
    Day 14 - 01/14 - 148.7 at 7:00 a.m. ...5.41 miles in 108 mins...it started out real foggy then turned into a beautiful afternoon!!
    Week 2 loss/gain - -.7
    Day 15 - 01/15 - 149.0 at 8:00 a.m. ...60 mins workout w/trainer then we had both Grandsons for the afternoon...their pup had a vet appt
    Day 16 - 01/16 - 148.3 at 9:00 a.m. ...zero
    Day 17 - 01/17 - 149.4 at 5:30 a.m. ...Grandson Duty then 60 min workout w/my trainer
    Day 18 - 01/18 - 149.3 at 5:30 a.m. ...5.27 miles in 108 mins to the post office and back
    Day 19 - 01/19 - 146.6 at 8:30 a.m. ...whole family is sick...no walking for me
    Day 20 - 01/20 - 146.9 at 8:00 a.m. ...ugh!
    Day 21 - 01/21 - 145.0 at 7:50 a.m. ...still down for the count
    Week 3 loss/gain - -3.3
    Day 22 - 01/22 - 145.8 at 8:15 a.m. ...ugh!
    Day 23 - 01/23 - 146.3 at 7:45 a.m. ... :'(:s
    Day 24 - 01/24 - 146.5 at 5:30 a.m. ...Grandson Duty then nothing...ugh!
    Day 25 - 01/25 - 146.0 at 5:30 a.m. ...Grandson Duty then nothing...ugh!
    Day 26 - 01/26 - 145.9 at 5:30 a.m. ...Grandson Duty then nothing...ugh!
    Day 27 - 01/27 - 146.5 at 8:15 a.m. ...zero...made soup
    Day 28 - 01/28 - 148.2 at 8:30 a.m. ...5.40 miles in 106 mins then read my book
    Week 4 loss/gain - +3.6
    Day 29 - 01/29 - 149.0 at 5:30 a.m. ...Grandson Duty then nothing
    Day 30 - 01/30 - 148.0 at 5:30 a.m. ...Grandson Duty then 4.11 miles in 84 mins...covid rebound
    Day 31 - 01/31 - 149.6 at 5:30 a.m. ...Grandson Duty then nothing
    Day 32 - 02/01 - 149.0 at 5:30 a.m. ...Grandson Duty...covid rebound
    Day 33 - 02/02 - 149.5 at 5:30 a.m. ...Grandson Duty...covid rebound
    Day 34 - 02/03 -
    Day 35 - 02/04 -
    Week 5 loss/gain -
    Chris
  • tinathescreamer
    tinathescreamer Posts: 363 Member
    edited February 4
    Options
    @Lynn__W I think you're right about people eating more carbs back in the 60s. In my childhood it was usually oatmeal or toast with peanut butter for breakfast. We were pretty poor so mom only allowed us to choose a cereal on our birthdays (I liked cornflakes). We had school lunches and it was often something like fish pie, shepherd's pie or spaghetti bolognaise - certainly not pizza and fries! Potatoes every night for dinner, and some sort of homemade dessert like apple pie or bread and butter pudding. Mom baked all our bread, so we ate a lot of that, not so much cakes. If we wanted candy, chips or ice cream, we had to use our own pocket money. We did have Chinese takeout once a month and mom and dad went to a restaurant on their wedding anniversary and mom's birthday. Mom and dad were kids in the depression, and dad's family lost their home, so they were almost obsessed with paying off the mortgage, and mom used a lot of the recipes she learned in the 30s, then in ww2 rationing. So yes, lots of carbs - but I think people were more active then? A lot of workers still had physical jobs, and we kids generally walked or rode bikes to school. I was never into school sports, but we all went to the swimming hole in the river in summer (there was kayaking as well) and skating on the frozen lake in winter.....happy memories....

These days I do keep an eye on the carbs, to stay under my calorie limit. and try to stick to whole grains. It's not easy in our obesogenic society, with all the advertising, mega portion sizes in restaurants, and aisles of snacks in the supermarket, all on sale..... I'm also motivated by wanting to keep my remaining fangs in my head as long as possible!

ETA I forgot to say, at least in our little country town, a lot of people still grew their own veges, kept chickens, and if they couldn't afford to buy meat, would catch trout and shoot deer and rabbits.
  • tinathescreamer
    tinathescreamer Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    65 years old. 5' 8". Started back in March 2023 at 85.5 kg, down from my all time highest of 100 kg (220 lb) Since participating in the last two 100 Day Challenges I'm down to 70 kg (154 lb). My aim this time is to drop another 5 kg and reach my ultimate goal weight of 65 kg (143 lb) - and keep it off for the next two years at least - hopefully forever!

Day 01-01/01-- 70 kg. Waist 30.5 ". Hips 40 "

Day 02-01/02-- 70.2 kg. This is like investing for retirement in the stock market. The advisor told me 30 years ago "Think long term. Don't chase high returns for quick gains - aim for slow and steady returns. Don't worry about daily fluctuations - as long as you stick with it the overall trend will be upward." Happy now I took his advice.
    Found a jar of Kalamata olives in the pantry. Delicious! but I'm trying to limit myself to 4 daily. And yes! - I already got rid of the cheese and crackers I'd normally have with them.

Day 03-01/03-- 69.9 kg.

Day 04-01/04-- 69.6 kg. who would've thunk there could be marshmallows in the pantry and I am only eating two per day?! Sloooowly breaking the impulse to Eat All The Goodies Quick while they're around because Lord knows when there'll be any more - food insecurity issues from childhood.

Day 05-01/05-- 69.5 kg. Yay! Hit my 1st week goal already - just have to maintain for another two days rather than going off the rails and over celebrating with treats to reward myself for losing the weight.....

Day 06-01/06-- 69.8 kg. I started knitting a lace scarf last month. It is very fine yarn on tiny needles, and I can only work on it in daylight. For the last 4 weeks I have been knitting 8 rows a day, and now my scarf is 22 inches long! I was feeling very proud of my progress and thinking it was a good lesson in perseverance with the weight loss plan as well. Well! so today I went to pick it up and somehow - pulled out the needle! Oh, ye knitters of the world, weep with me.....

Day 07-01/07-- 69 kg!!! Ummm.... this maybe TMI, but has anyone ever weighed themselves, then needed to go, then felt a strong desire to weigh themselves again - to see how much they dumped? ....not to boast - but, 0.5 kg? like, over a pound? Wow.

Week 1 Goal: 69.5 kg.
    Week 1 actual weight: 69 kg.

Day 08-01/08--69.8 kg.... ???

Day 09-01/09-- 69.2 kg. Grandma used to say "What you gain on the swings you lose on the roundabouts." I'm guessing this was originally an allusion to the old style carnival where you paid to go on the rides, but maybe the barker was also running some kind of "chance to get your money back" gambling dodge as well? Anyway, it seems appropiate to eating for weight loss - cut out a slice of bread here and lose some, drink a can of soft drink "just this once" and gain it back.

Day 10-01/10-- DNW

Day 11-01/11-- 68.9 kg. I'm always hearing "eat protein for breakfast" and "breakfast like a king", but I just can't do that. A big plate of bacon and eggs always leaves me feeling uncomfortably full, weighed down and heavy. I just don't want to go for my usual morning walk, whereas a bowl of oatmeal, or a couple slices of wholewheat toast, with a piece of fruit, fills me until lunchtime, while still feeling light and active. I'm thinking there are many cultures where no, or just a light breakfast is the norm - it's really only the last 200 years in the Western world that 3 meals a day has become the norm. Even in the 60s, when I was a kid, snacking was not the usual thing - there weren't all the granola bars and cheesy chippy things we have today. I'm wondering how much of being told what we "should" eat, is actually real science based, and how much is funded by food manufacturers who want us to buy their products - how many orders for pizza delivery have been placed after seeing an ad? and deciding then "I'm too tired to cook".

Day 12-01/12-- 68.8 kg.

Day 13-01/13-- 69.2 kg. We are having a heat wave and it's exhausting to walk outside. Also I'm on medication which makes my skin more photo sensitive, so no to being lots in the sun. Fortunately, my appetite has decreased with the heat and I don't feel like cooking, so lots of raw fruit and veggies are on the menu.

Day 14-01/14-- 69 kg. Some cookies and chips came ..... into my possession. "Them that asks no question, isn't told a lie. Watch the wall, my darling, while the chocolate cake goes by." So I just ate the treats (about 800 calories) and nothing else.

Week 2 Goal: 69 kg.
    Week 2 actual weight: 69 kg. So no net loss or gain this week, but still on target.

Day 15-01/15-- 68.8 kg. I want to knit a sweater for myself and I'm in a dither over what size to make. I know I'm 2 dress sizes smaller than I was, but I need my actual measurements. And then I need to work out how big the completed sweater will be and how much ease I want - I don't want "sweater girl" negative ease, but I don't want baggy oversize either, since I still have a little more weight to lose.

Day 16-01/16 69.8 kg. I found a big jar of mayo at the back of the fridge......I would have taken it to the food pantry, but it was already open....spent the evening gorging on mayo and cucumber sandwiches. No, I regret nothing.--

Day 17-01/17-- 70 kg .....Well, the rest of the mayo is gone - I hate to waste food, but, yes, it went down the sink - and the fiber in all the wholewheat bread has worked, so here's to a drop on the scale tomorrow.

Day 18-01/18-- 69 kg. Hopefully back on track.

Day 19-01/19-- 70 kg. Is it the scale or is it me not being super careful over tracking? I am perflummoxedcombobulated! Maybe my body is telling me it's happy at current weight and doesn't want to go lower?

Day 20-01/20-- 70 kg.

Day 21-01/21-- 69 kg. Weather has been super hot and I think I may have eaten something that's gone a bit off - been feeling unwell for the last 24 hours.

Week 3 Goal: 68.5 kg.
    Week 3 actual weight: 69 kg. As Scarlett O'Hara said, "Tomorrow is another day."

Day 22-01/22-- 68.5 kg.

Day 23-01/23-- 68.7 kg.

Day 24-01/24-- 68.4 kg. I was given a fruit cake today - a whole 500 grams (over a pound). I try very hard not to buy sweets and baked goods or keep them in the house, but free food is fair game..... I ate it all in 2 hours ..... I'm thinking with Lent approaching I need to give it up completely - at least for long enough for my taste to change.

Day 25-01/25-- 68 kg.

Day 26-01/26-- 67.9 kg.

Day 27-01/27-- DNW

Day 28-01/28-- 68 kg. Made it!

Week 4 Goal: 68.5 kg.
    Week 4 actual weight: 68 kg. 4 weeks, 2 kg down.

Day 29-01/29-- 69 kg. Note to self - do not celebrate weight loss with toasted cheese.

Day 30-01/30-- 70 kg. Another note to self - just because fruit mince tarts are reduced price after Christmas, doesn't mean there are less calories. You're not "saving" money, either - you're spending it!

Day 31-01/31-- 69.8 kg.

Day 32-02/01-- 69 kg. Easy come, easy go.

Day 33-02/02-- 68.8 kg.

Day 34-02/03-- 69.8 kg. What witchcraft hath possessed my scale? Oh right - I'm the one polishing off the goodies before Lent.

Day 35-02/04-- 69 kg.

Week 5 Goal: 68 kg.
    Week 5 actual weight: 69 kg. Only 1 kg lost in 5 weeks? Need to keep my eye on the ball.

Day 36-02/05--

Day 37-02/06--

Day 38-02/07--

Day 39-02/08--

Day 40-02/09--

Day 41-02/10--

Day 42-02/11--

Week 6 Goal: 68 kg.
    Week 6 actual weight:

Day 43-02/12--

Day 44-02/13--

Day 45-02/14--

Day 46-02/15--

Day 47-02/16--

Day 48-02/17--

Day 49-02/18--

Week 7 Goal:
    Week 7 actual weight:

Day 50-02/19--

Halfway Progress Report: …..Pounds Lost so Far:

Day 51-02/20--

Day 52-02/21--

Day 53-02/22--

Day 54-02/23--

Day 55-02/24--

Day 56-02/25--

Week 8 Goal:
    Week 8 actual weight:

Day 57-02/26--

Day 58-02/27--

Day 59-02/28--

Day 60-02/29--

Day 61-03/01--

Day 62-03/02--

Day 63-03/03--

Week 9 Goal:
    Week 9 actual weight:

Day 64-03/04--

Day 65-03/05--

Day 66-03/06--

Day 67-03/07--

Day 68-03/08--

Day 69-03/09--

Day 70-03/10--

Week 10 Goal:
    Week 10 actual weight:

Day 71-03/11--

Day 72-03/12--

Day 73-03/13--

Day 74-03/14--

Day 75-03/15--

Day 76-03/16--

Day 77-03/17--

Week 11 Goal:
    Week 11 actual weight:

Day 78-03/18--

Day 79-03/19--

Day 80-03/20--

Day 81-03/21--

Day 82-03/22--

Day 83-03/23--

Day 84-03/24--

Week 12 Goal:
    Week 12 actual weight:

Day 85-03/25--

Day 86-03/26--

Day 87-03/27--

Day 88-03/28--

Day 89-03/29--

Day 90-03/30--

Day 91-03/31--

Week 13 Goal:
    Week 13 actual weight:

Day 92-04/01--

Day 93-04/02--

Day 94-04/03--

Day 95-04/04--

Day 96-04/05--

Day 97-04/06--

Day 98-04/07--

Week 14 Goal:
    Week 14 actual weight:

Day 99-04/08--

Day 100-04/09…..(Final Weigh- In)-
  • colzola
    colzola Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Here we go, another challenging week, don't want to post food, weigh in, etc, but here goes
    Week 4 Goal:145
    Week 4 actual weight: 147

Day 29-01/29—147.6, wrote food, worked (no exercise), slept well

Day 30-01/30—146.3, good workout , +food diary,

Day 31-01/31—147.0

Day 32-02/01—146.9

Day 33-02/02—147.4, worked out, posting food late,

Day 34-02/03—DNW, good day otherwise, posting food

Day 35-02/04--

Week 5 Goal:145
    Week 5 actual weight:
  • deepwoodslady
    Options
    @jennysweet58

th?id=OIP.kRc7PHF08M-Ifl5L8aoCDwHaFj&pid=Api&P=0&h=320

I hope you special day was wonderful!
  • ptitejeanne
    ptitejeanne Posts: 1,524 Member
    Options
    Hi! I’m Jeanne!
    I’m 47. Live in eastern Canada 🇨🇦
    This is my 3rd 100 day challenge.
    It’s working for me, so here I go again…
    Any amount going down is a win for me.

Day 01-01/01-- 157.8
    Day 02-01/02-- 156.6
    Day 03-01/03-- 157.6
    Day 04-01/04-- 158.6
    Day 05-01/05-- 157.2
    Day 06-01/06-- 157.4
    Day 07-01/07-- 159.6

Week 1 Goal Wt: 155.0
    Week 1 actual : 159.6
    Total ➕1️⃣.8️⃣

Day 08-01/08-- 159.6
    Day 09-01/09-- 157.6
    Day 10-01/10-- 157.6
    Day 11-01/11-- 158.2
    Day 12-01/12-- 159.0
    Day 13-01/13-- 157.8
    Day 14-01/14--157.0

Week 2 Goal wt: 155.0
    Week 2 actual wt: 158.8
    Total ➕1️⃣.0️⃣

Day 15-01/15-- 158.8
    Day 16-01/16-- 157.4
    Day 17-01/17-- 157.2
    Day 18-01/18-- 158.2
    Day 19-01/19-- 158.8
    Day 20-01/20-- 159.8
    Day 21-01/21-- 159.8

Week 3 Goal wt: 155.0
    Week 3 actual wt: 161.2
    Total ➕3️⃣.4️⃣

Day 15-01/22-- 161.2
    Day 16-01/23-- 159.8
    Day 17-01/24-- 159.8
    Day 18-01/25-- 159.4
    Day 19-01/26-- 159.0
    Day 20-01/27-- 160.4
    Day 21-01/28-- 161.8

Week 4 Goal wt: 155.0
    Week 4 actual wt: 157.8
    Total 🟰 same

Day 22-01/29-- 157.8
    Day 23-01/30-- 157.8
    Day 24-01/31-- 157.4
    Day 25-02/01-- 157.4
    Day 26-02/02-- 158.2
    Day 27-02/03-- 158.2 ⬅️⬅️
    Day 2️⃣3️⃣4️⃣
    Day 28-02/04--

Week 5 Goal wt: 155.0
    Week 5 actual wt:
    Total

• Ladytuesday
    Ladytuesday Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    100 day challenge #118 (my first)
    SW: 199 lbs
    GW: 150 lbs

Day 01- 07-01/01—no weight
    Week 1 Goal:
    Week 1 actual weight:

Day 08 – 12 -01/08—no weight
    Day 13-01/13—199 lbs. New beginning.
    Day 14-01/14—199 lbs
    Week 2 Goal:
    Week 2 actual weight:

Day 15-01/15—199 lbs
    Day 16-01/16--199 lbs
    Day 17-01/17-- 195 lbs
    Day 18-01/18--195 lbs
    Day 19-01/19—192 lbs
    Day 20-01/20--189.4 lbs
    Day 21-01/21—189.4 lbs
    Week 3 Goal: 197 lbs
    Week 3 actual weight: 189.4 lbs

Day 22-01/22— 187.8 lbs
    Day 23-01/23—189.2 lbs
    Day 24-01/24—187.8 lbs
    Day 25-01/25—186.9 lbs
    Day 26-01/26—186.9 lbs
    Day 27-01/27—186.9 lbs
    Day 28-01/28—186.5 lbs
    Week 4 Goal: 187 lbs
    Week 4 actual weight: 186.5 lbs (lost 2.9 lbs)

Day 29-01/29—186.2 lbs
    Day 30-01/30—184.9 lbs
    Day 31-01/31—184.3 lbs
    Day 32-02/01—186.1 lbs
    Day 33-02/02—184.5 lbs
    Day 34-02/03—186.1 lbs
    Day 35-02/04—184.9 lbs

Week 5 Goal: 184 lbs
    Week 5 actual weight: 184.9 lbs (lost 1.6 lbs)

Day 36-02/05--
    Day 37-02/06--
    Day 38-02/07--
    Day 39-02/08--
    Day 40-02/09--
    Day 41-02/10--
    Day 42-02/11--

Week 6 Goal:
    Week 6 actual weight:

Non-Scale Mini Goals
    🚰 Drink 64 oz. of water/day ✅
    🚴🏻‍♀️ Cardio Daily ✅
    🏋🏻‍♀️ Strength training (mini) Every day ✅
    🥬/🍓 3-5 servings of fruit /veggies/day ❌
    🏃🏻‍♀️ 5000 steps per day ❌ ( 2894 steps)
    No sodas ✅
    No chocolate ✅
    Intermittent fasting 16:8 ✅
    📝 Log Daily ✅
    🥗 Stay under my calorie range ❌
    Vitamins Daily ✅
  • lolakinks
    lolakinks Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Hi all, happy new year! I’m 34 years old and 164 cm (5’4.5”). I’ve insulin resistance and PCOS. I’ve been gaining weight since I was 17, and I’ve gained 50 kg (110 lbs) through all years and couldn’t control it. Now I’m at my highest 105.4 kg (232 lbs). Hopefully it works this time! My goal for this challenge is losing 5-10 kg (11-22 lbs). My ultimate goal is losing 30 kg (66 lbs).

SW: 105.4 kg
    GW: 95-100 kg
    UGW: 75 kg

Week 1 Goal: 104 kg
    Week 1 actual weight: 103.9 kg (- 1.5 kg)

Week 2 Goal: 103 kg
    Week 2 actual weight: 103.8 kg (- 0.1 kg)

Week 3 Goal: 102.8 kg
    Week 3 actual weight: 104.1 kg (+0.3 kg)

Week 4 Goal: 103.2 kg
    Week 4 actual weight: 103.8 kg (-0.3 kg)

Day 29-01/29-- 103.8 kg

Day 30-01/30-- 103.7 kg

Day 31-01/31-- 103.3 kg (yay!)

Day 32-02/01-- 104.2 kg (I don’t know what’s going on)

Day 33-02/02-- 104 kg

Day 34-02/03-- 104.2 kg

Day 35-02/04-- 103.8 kg

Week 5 Goal: 103 kg
    Week 5 actual weight: 103.8 kg (+-0 kg)
  • judefit1
    judefit1 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    100 day challenge #118 (my first)
    SW: 146.2
    GW: 130-132
    Wk 1 EW: 142.6
    Wk 2 EW: 141.4
    Wk 3 EW: 140.2
    Wk 4 EW: 139.2
    weeks 1-4:
    Week 1 Goal: 145.2[
    Day 01-01/01–146.2

Day 02-01/02-- 145.5

Day 03-01/03-- 144.2

Day 04-01/04-- 144.2

Day 05-01/05-- 143.2

Day 06-01/06-- 143.4

Day 07-01/07-- 142.6
    Week 1 Goal: 145.2
    Week 1 actual weight: 142.6
    Loss: 3.6 lbs

Week 2 Goal: under 142
    Day 08-01/08--142.6 (back to my pre-holiday weight. Let the games begin!)

Day 09-01/09–142.2

Day 10-01/10-- 141.4

Day 11-01/11-- 141.4

Day 12-01/12-- 141.4

Day 13-01/13-- 142.2

Day 14-01/14-- 141.4
    Week 2 Goal: under 142
    Week 2 actual Weight: 141.4
    Loss: 1.2 lbs

Week 3 Goal: maintain through mini-vacation
    Day 15-01/15– 141.4

Day 16-01/16-- 140.8

Day 17-01/17-- 140.8

Day 18-01/18-- 140.8

Day 19-01/19-- 140.8- away, travel scale, maintained day 1

Day 20-01/20-- 140.6

Day 21-01/21-- 140.2- away, loss again!
    Week 3 Goal: 140.8
    Week 3 actual weight: 140.2
    Loss: 1.2 lbs

Week 4 Goal: 139.8
    Day 22-01/22--141- last vacation day, bump is no surprise!

Day 23-01/23–140.8

Day 24-01/24-- 140.8

Day 25-01/25--140.8... bored with this number.

Day 26-01/26--140.0

Day 27-01/27-- 140.6 (friday night out)

Day 28-01/28-- 139.2
    Week 4 Goal: 139.8
    Week 4 actual weight: 139.2
    Loss: 1.8lbs
    Week 5 Goal: under 139
    Day 29-01/29--139.2

Day 30-01/30--139.2

Day 31-01/31-- 139.2 (full month done! woohoo!)

Day 32-02/01-- 138.6

Day 33-02/02-- 139.2

Day 34-02/03-- 138.6

Day 35-02/04--138.6

Week 5 Goal: under 139
    Week 5 actual weight: 138.6
    Loss: .6lb

That's just about exactly what the nutritionist recommended for the pace of my weight loss- somewhere between 2-3 lbs a month. I have to say, for the most part I'm not haunted by the cravings of past diets, so something must be better this time...
  • noynoyavery
    noynoyavery Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Start 83kg
    Challenge sw 82kg
    Week 1 80.8kg
    Week 2 80.3kg
    Week 3 79.4kg
    Week 4 78.9kg
    Week 5 78.1kg

Day 29-01/29--away
    Day 30-01/30-- 79kg
    Day 31-01/31--78.5kg
    Day 32-02/01--78.4kg
    Day 33-02/02--78.0kg
    Day 34-02/03--78.02kg
    Day 35-02/04--78.01kg

Week 5 Goal 78.5kg
  • noynoyavery
    noynoyavery Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Start 83kg
    Challenge sw 82kg
    Week 1 80.8kg
    Week 2 80.3kg
    Week 3 79.4kg
    Week 4 78.9kg
    Week 5 78.1kg

Day 36-02/05--

Day 37-02/06--

Day 38-02/07--

Day 39-02/08--

Day 40-02/09--

Day 41-02/10--

Day 42-02/11--

Week 6 Goal: 77.5kg
    Week 6 actual weight:
  • Fooshki
    Fooshki Posts: 85 Member
    edited February 4
    Options
    Hello,
    My name is Stephanie, I’m 34, and I’m from California. I am 5’7” and 250 lbs. Ideally I would like to get to around 150-155 lbs. (which would make me a normal BMI for my height) by the end of 2024. For this challenge, my goal is to lose 30 pounds since that’s about 2 pounds per week.

Day 34/100
    Day 01: 01/01- 250 lbs.
    Day 02: 01/02- 249.2 lbs.
    Day 03: 01/03- 248 lbs. (switched to AM weigh-ins)
    Day 04: 01/04- 248 lbs.
    Day 05: 01/05-Away from home
    Day 06: 01/06- 247 lbs.
    Day 07: 01/07- 246.2 lbs.

Week 1 Goal: 248 (-2#)
    Week 1 actual weight: 246.2 (-3.8 #)
    Day 08: 01/08- 246.6 lbs.
    Day 09: 01/09- 246.4 lbs.
    Day 10: 01/10- 246.4 lbs
    Day 11: 01/11-245.8 lbs.
    Day 12: 01/12- Missed weighing
    Day 13: 01/13- 244 lbs.
    Day 14: 01/14- 243.7 lbs.

Week 2 Goal: 244 (-6#)
    Week 2 actual weight: 243.7 (-2.5 # this wk/-6.3 # total)
    Day 15: 01/15 - 243.3 lbs.
    Day 16: 01/16- 245.4 lbs.
    Day 17: 01/17- 243.4 lbs.
    Day 18: 01/18- 242.4 lbs.
    Day 19: 01/19- 240.8 lbs.
    Day 20: 01/20- 240.8 lbs.
    Day 21: 01/21- 240.4 lbs.

Week 3 Goal: 242 (-8 #)
    Week 3 actual weight: 240.4 lbs. (-3.3# this week/-9.6# total)
    Day 22: 01/22- 239.6 lbs.
    Day 23: 01/23- 239.2 lbs.
    Day 24: 01/24- 238.6 lbs.
    Day 25: 01/25- 237 lbs. (sick yesterday)
    Day 26: 01/26- 237.2 lbs.
    Day 27: 01/27- 237.8 lbs. (Movie snacks)
    Day 28: 01/28-237.6 lbs.

Week 4 Goal: 238 (-12#)
    Week 4 actual weight: 237.6 lbs. (-2.8# this week/ -12.4# total)

Day 29: 01/29- 237.4 lbs.
    Day 30: 01/30- 237.0 lbs.
    Day 31: 01/31- 237 lbs.
    Day 32: 02/01- Away from home
    Day 33: 02/02-Away from home
    Day 34: 02/03- 236.4
    Day 35: 02/04

Week 5 Goal: 235(-15#)
    Week 5 actual weight:

I was away from home so I missed two days of weighing. Finally broke through my little 237 plateau. Hopefully it will stay that way for the end of the week.

Non-Scale Mini Goals
    🧂 Limit sodium to 2300 mg/day ✅
    🚰 Drink 100 oz. of water/day ✅
    🚴🏻‍♀️ Cardio 3-5x per week ✅
    🏋🏻‍♀️ Strength training 3x per week ❌
    🥬 3-5 servings of veggies/day ✅
    🍓 3-5 servings of fruit per day ❌
    🏃🏻‍♀️ 10,000 steps per day ✅
    😴 Sleep for 7-8 hours per day ✅

c8nbs9x6let3.png