Results Feb 1 - 6
    (# of days):
    AF: 4
    A (as planned): 1
    A (over limit): 1
  • Michieb125
    Michieb125 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Thanks @Jthanmyfitnesspal and @xbowhunter for your comments today! Yippee for turning points!

For some reason, LA in February is less challenging that January (hallelujah) and I’m happy that I’m looking at having wine for special occasions and not a day to day thing for me. It does take time for new habits to stick. AF last night and counting AF again for today!
    Getting up and out of the house early helps so much :)

Actual:
    AF - 5
    A - 2

Let’s make it a great LA day!
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,521 Member
    Options
    @I_am_motivated : don’t feel you must do this alone. Engage professionals as you are able. The road to sobriety is hard, but it is well worn.

@xbowhunter : Mel Robbins is a household name in my family! Excellent choice.
  • tmbg1
    tmbg1 Posts: 1,284 Member
    Options
    Here is my Feb so far: (LA means 2 drinks or less)
    3- AF
    1- LA
    3- 3 A
  • I_am_motivated
    I_am_motivated Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I really appreciate all the time and effort that was put into collecting all the info for this group. Lots of great info. It is definitely more doable to succeed quitting alcohol when you have help from others. So thankful to have found this group. Everybody is so kind and not ashamed to share moments of weakness.
    Do y'all feel that drinking N/A beverages defeats the purpose of quitting or shouldn't count as an AF day? I know it's personal preference, but I feel so much better after 5 days of no alcohol. I did drink n/a beverages on those 5 days.
    I am in a destination that thrives on drinking. Fine time to quit drinking. LOL. I'm at an RV resort where they have two Tiki Huts with full bar. My husband and I are part-time RVers and parked it for 2 months (Jan-Feb) to get away from the cold. I'll be glad to get away from the temptation as I have a bad case of FOMO.
    I hope everybody has a successful day!!!