Options

Replies

• Dragongrl
    Dragongrl Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I think it's all good in moderation.
  • rrrbecca11
    Options
    You've made a lifesaving move. Most of the foods you listed are life-shorteners. Good luck. Keep your eye on the prize.

Life-shorteners?

Care to explain exactly what you mean?

Yeah, it's pretty self-explanatory. The foods he listed are predominately foods which will subtract years from your life rather than add, especially if eaten frequently. The White Castle, the Arbys, the alcohol, the lunch meat, the soda, the chicken wings, etc., etc. Calories are NOT everything. There is a little thing called NUTRITION. I think you knew what I meant and are trying to provoke an argument, which you will not get. I simply stated my opinion, which is based on a TON of research and 54 years of experience. I am 5'7" and weigh 120 pounds and have more energy than I know what to do with, am rarely and I mean RARELY sick, sleep like a baby, and am fit and toned and I eat ZERO of the foods he listed. And besides, I was speaking to the poster, who has made a lifesaving move. To each his own opinion. :)

So if I eat an Arbys sandwich, drink a glass of wine, have a turkey deli sandwich, and eat a basket of chicken wings while watching the football game, then I'm going to lose years off my life? Because you have 54 years of experience and have done "a TON of research"?

Not trying to argue or provoke anything, but could you please cite studies or your research that proves eating these things will make you lose your life? I'd be interested in reading it.

Like I said, you are not getting an argument from me. I've done my research, do your own. If you want to eat all those things that is your perogative. I'm not trying to convince ANYBODY, least of all an argumentative person such as yourself. I was STATING MY OPINION, and I am not required to devote the literally hours of time it would take me to list all my references, but if you live in today's world, you should already know that the things he listed are bad for you. Even in moderation, unless you are talking once or twice a year. I don't expect you to do a dang thing because I said so. I simply stated my opinion TO THE POSTER, not to you. Now bug off. :) I have whole foods to prepare and a 4 mile walk to do.
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    You've made a lifesaving move. Most of the foods you listed are life-shorteners. Good luck. Keep your eye on the prize.

Life-shorteners?

Yeah, it's pretty self-explanatory. The foods he listed are predominately foods which will subtract years from your life rather than add, especially if eaten frequently. The White Castle, the Arbys, the alcohol, the lunch meat, the soda, the chicken wings, etc., etc. Calories are NOT everything. There is a little thing called NUTRITION. I think you knew what I meant and are trying to provoke an argument, which you will not get. I simply stated my opinion, which is based on a TON of research and 54 years of experience. I am 5'7" and weigh 120 pounds and have more energy than I know what to do with, am rarely and I mean RARELY sick, sleep like a baby, and am fit and toned and I eat ZERO of the foods he listed. And besides, I was speaking to the poster, who has made a lifesaving move. To each his own opinion. :)

So if I eat an Arbys sandwich, drink a glass of wine, have a turkey deli sandwich, and eat a basket of chicken wings while watching the football game, then I'm going to lose years off my life? Because you have 54 years of experience and have done "a TON of research"?

Not trying to argue or provoke anything, but could you please cite studies or your research that proves eating these things will make you lose your life? I'd be interested in reading it.

Like I said, you are not getting an argument from me. I've done my research, do your own. If you want to eat all those things that is your perogative. I'm not trying to convince ANYBODY, least of all an argumentative person such as yourself. I was STATING MY OPINION, and I am not required to devote the literally hours of time it would take me to list all my references, but if you live in today's world, you should already know that the things he listed are bad for you. Even in moderation, unless you are talking once or twice a year. I don't expect you to do a dang thing because I said so. I simply stated my opinion TO THE POSTER, not to you. Now bug off. :) I have whole foods to prepare and a 4 mile walk to do.

We aren't requesting your entire back catalog. Just one report would be nice, else what you say doesn't carry much weight, no pun intended, since it's contrary to what most of us have seen in other reports.
  • mhughescmu
    mhughescmu Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    GoyaChula--Nachos are da bomb. You can never add enough hot peppers (and of course cheese and sour cream) I love chicken on them tool.

Thanks also to the folks who have suggested wing alternative recipies. Believe me, I am making great use of all the hot sauces and peppers in my cooking. Just roasted some ancho chilli peppers for a new recipie.

mmensah--thanks for the jumblaya suggestion. Another comfort dish I will re-tool.

Bry_all01--Denny's rocks!!!
  • asyouseefit
    asyouseefit Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    There's plenty of comfort food that you can make and that's healthy! Think soup for instance... Even cream of whatever soup, provided you make it yourself and don't buy the canned sort! Sandwiches are fine too, just go for wholegrain bread and lean turkey meat....
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options

Life-shorteners?

LMAO arent you miss queen of the diet world then?

Funny how my Nana lived to be 98 years old and had a lot of the above things weekly. As a nutrition student Im sure I could compare my research with yours. I have yet to find ANYTHING stating that foods like this will shorten your life in moderation.
  • ashesoh1234
    ashesoh1234 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I don't miss anything b/c I haven't cut anything out! I've lost about 48 lbs in 17 weeks and I'm continuing to eat everything I ate before -- just less of it!
  • joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options

Life-shorteners?

Wow who pissed in your cheerios this morning? Sounds like you need a hug.
  • Gigi_licious
    Gigi_licious Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    Big Macs
    Super loaded nachos -- complete with sour cream guac and all the bad stuff.
    Chili Cheese Fries --- any kind of fries really. lol

that's all i can think of right now...i'm sure there's more!

Thanks! Now my tummy is really growling. Hmmm....do I want McDonalds, Bueno, or Sonic for lunch.....decisions decisions.
  • hummingbird71
    hummingbird71 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    GREAT JOB losing 100 pounds. Hottie in the House :smile:
    [/quote]

I agree with this one!!! Way to go- GREAT JOB!
  • Gigi_licious
    Gigi_licious Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options

Life-shorteners?

Wow who pissed in your cheerios this morning? Sounds like you need a hug.

As long as it was a pregnant lady and all she eats for the day is Cheerios, it'll all be ok.
  • JaydeSkye
    JaydeSkye Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I'm actually walking over to the store right now to pick up some buffalo wings and pizza ... probably cheese stuffed crust.

Good thing for me that a**holes live forever :)
  • joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    I'm actually walking over to the store right now to pick up some buffalo wings and pizza ... probably cheese stuffed crust.

Good thing for me that a**holes live forever :)

Lmao
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    you know you can literally eat all the above foods and still lose weight, just account for them in your daily cals. makes dieting much easier to eat foods you like

I'm with you on this one, i still eat lots of yummy things, just a bit less often and a bit smaller portions!
  • mhughescmu
    Options
    xxpurrfectgirlxx

Ok first ouch your picture looks like it hurts.

Second, please each a dozen wings for me. On my day off --Sat I will eat wings and watch Michigan win another football game.

:)
  • ABetterBalance
    Options
    So if I eat an Arbys sandwich, drink a glass of wine, have a turkey deli sandwich, and eat a basket of chicken wings while watching the football game, then I'm going to lose years off my life?

Yes.

And, if you do all of those thing within the same calendar year, it would be wise to call the funeral home and book a weekend for the visitation and funeral.

:bigsmile:
  • ABetterBalance
    Options
    I simply stated my opinion, which is based on a TON of research and 54 years of experience. I am 5'7" and weigh 120 pounds and have more energy than I know what to do with, am rarely and I mean RARELY sick, sleep like a baby, and am fit and toned and I eat ZERO of the foods he listed.

Just curious (and seriously, sarcasm is at a minimum here) *other* than being 5'7", 120lbs and an energizer bunny- do you have a background in nutrition? Height, weight, and energry level are not characeristics that will neccesarily qualify someone as a health expert.

I have a friend who's 5'5", 115 lbs, and crazy energetic. She also binge drinks every weekend and then "makes up for it" with 2-3 hours of cardio Monday-Thursday. Based on her height, weight, and energy level (which are what you listed as your own qualifications) I guess this means it would be ok for me to adopt her lifestyle. Afterall, she's got 28 years of experience!
  • jmxxiiii
    jmxxiiii Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I think it's all good in moderation.
    I agree, I refuse to skimp out on my booze,food etc. Life is not life if you're constantly counting your calories and eating like a rabbit.
  • twentytwo14
    Options
    1. Comfort Foods, Let's see. No more White Castle, 5 for $5 Arbys (yes all five), enchaladas, Skyline Chilli, cream of whatever soup, and on and one. Almost everything I ate, was bad for me.

there is nothing a Cincinnatian misses more than SKYLINE CHILI.. except maybe graeters black raspberry chip!!
  • mhughescmu
    Options
    You will hate me cause I am a recent transplant from PITTSBURGH --Home of the Pittsburgh Steelers.
    Skyline is my new favorite vice.
    Primanti Brothers is a culinary disaster but oh so good. LOL