30 squats
    Declutter
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,215 Member
    edited February 7
    Options
    JFt, Tues 2/6
    1. log all food :)
    2. concentrate on water . I'm not hungry.. thirsty :)
    3. mindful eating .... will eat light today to overcome eating too much yesterday. :)
    4. work in yard, work on quilt, pay bills, help hubby work in the garage :)
    I got so much done yesterday, and feeling it today. Raked about 7 of my flower beds, cut back oramental grasses, plus went to the gym in the morning. So skipping the gym today, as I need to finish up the yard. We are going to go get leaf bags so I can bag up what I raked .. probably close to 15 bags of leaves!
    Goals, JFT, Wed 2/7

1. dont give up. The scale is stubborn.. and not moving. But keep going .. do not give up. Remember why I started
    2. drink more water
    3. finish up yard
    4. work on Michigan quilt for grandson .. Tshirt quilt is finished!
    5. work in garage .. need to move things away so hubby can fix the hole in the drywall.. where we think mice are trying to get into the house!
    6. go help daughter clean her apartment. Then take her to library to get library books. We are going to try and make the library a weekly event. she loves to read .. hate buying books when they are free at the library.
    7. if time.. go for a walk
    My weight history
    Name is Joan. Age 73; 5'11"
    SW Year 2017: 220-217
    SW Year 2018: 195.5
    SW Year 2019 : 206 -- met my goal weight of 178, but gained 5 lbs over pandemic
    SW Year 2020: 182.6 -- gained another 12 pounds through the pandemic
    SW Year 2021:195 -- weight fluctuated all year from 184-190s
    SW Year 2022: 190 - reached 182 in August. But weight on a slow increase the rest of
    2112. SW Year 2023: 207.8 - got my weight down to 195; I always gain again between halloween and New Years.
    SW year 2024: 209.0

Goals for 2024:

Staring weight: Jan 7, 2024: 209.0
    Goal weight at the end of 2024: 175-180, and learn to maintain
    Goal to lose 25-30 lbs this year to be in healthy range
    Weight Goals:
    1st goal weight: 199 - reach this by March
    2nd goal weight: 185 - reach this by July
    Ultimate goal weight: 175- reach this by September
    Monthly Goals:
    Starting weight: 211
    Feb: 205; 206.2 :) -- almost made my goal.
    March: 199 - get out of those 200s
    April: 195 (Hubby and my 48 wedding anniversary)
    May: 191
    June: 187
    July: 185 (my birthday - will turn 74! Yikes!)
    August: 179
    Sept: 175
    October: 170--- Ultimate goal weight
    November: learn to maintain 170
    December: learn to maintain 170
    Weekly Weigh-ins
    (Will weigh every Sunday). Goal .. 1 pound per week. Ill have my first official weigh in today, Jan 7 after a week with our grandson, xmas, and new years.
    Starting weight Sunday, Jan 7: 209.0
    Jan 14: 211 --- not the best week. Too much snacking and staying in the house. Had margaritas last nite, which I know contributed to the weight gain.
    Jan 21:
    215. 6. -- did much better this week; trying to concentrate on evening snacking. I do OK for meals.. its the snacking that gets me.
    Jan 28:207.2-- under a little, but I know I could be doing better! I'm not logging food, which is important, so I need to make this a priority.
    Feb 1: 206.2 (goal was 205)
    Feb 4: 206
    Feb 11:
    Feb 18:
    Feb 25:
    Todays weight 207 -- back and forth, from 206 to 208. Hoping to get below 206!

• mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,215 Member
    edited February 7
    Options
    @Bex --- you are doing SO good!! Proud of you girl! You've got this for sure! I love your tips and tricks!
    @reneweveryday - you are doing great with your squats and pushups! I try to do squats .. but there is no way I can do even one pushup! Great job!
    @Anniesquats100 - welcome back! You sound like me... I lose, then think I look OK and go back to eating .. only to have it come back on. This year was the worse for me. Around the holidays, I baked so many things, a friend brought over about 8 batches of candy. Instead of throwing them away.. I think I ate most of that stuff.. and it shows. I am going to be 73.. so its much harder getting it off. But it also reminds me that it just wasn't worth it ... and being healthy is so much more important. Its a lifestyle change! You are doing great though .. and happy to have you back.
    @emgracewrites - that sucks with the IBS. I also have flareups from time to time .. it makes you feel awful. Hoping you feel better soon. And so sorry you don't get that vacation.. but maybe a nice time to rest up might be what you need.Hugs.
    @AmberlyMarlene - so proud of you for quitting drinking.. that is hard. My brother suffered from liver disease because of drinking (he has been sober now going on 3 years .. and totally healthy). So you are wise at your young age to make yourself healthier. As for sleeping .. I wish I had some suggestion. I know if I "keep busy" up to bedtime I can't go to sleep. So I have to try and least 30 minutes before bed to unwind my brain, and relax. Maybe try the calm app? They also say "white noise" helps. Our daughter has trouble sleeping, and we got her a think on amazon that plays white noise .. anything from a thunderstorm, waves, soft music, etc. I have a lot of trouble sleeping also .. but for me, I think its more my age.! Oh .. and we go to Michigan all the time .. our son lives near Ann Arbor. A beautiful place.
  • more_freggies76
    more_freggies76 Posts: 2,663 Member
    Options
    JFT for 2/7/24 (today)✔️
    1) No desserts today (last 1/25), unless I want sugarfree or no sugar added.
    2) None of DH's stash ok today (including candy, chocolate raisins, peeps, ice cream).
    3) No peanut butter ok today, 2.5 to 3 T (last 1/31)
    4) Don't weigh again until 2/9
    5) No hard cheese ok today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 2/4). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.
    6) No honey ok today(1-3 Tbsp.). (last1/25) (a little in honey mustard ok)(last)
    7) Nuts ok (22-30 g) or 12-14 in-the-shell nuts. (last 1/20) Additional nuts in a meal are ok. Like almonds already in green beans. Either nuts or trail mix, but not both.
    8) No beef jerky today.
    9) Chicken vienna sausage ok today (trying not to have higher sodium stuff everyday)(last 1/21)
    10) Sweet potato and/or pumpkin ok today. (last 1/28)
    11) Only 1 ice drink today.
    12) A few tic-tacs as needed everyday. (No max for now, unless it's a problem)
    13) Harvest Snaps(22-30 g) ok today. (last 2/5)
    14) Tamales today.(last 2/5)
    15) Lunch no more than 600 calories today.
    17) Trail mix ok today.
    ================== 4DW started =============
    4DWs (4 Day Wins) are here, in a shared file:

Sample

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hrtqbsOInIWeA9sl8FLnEv-ignY21p8m/edit?usp=drive_link&ouid=108259155343870939869&rtpof=true&sd=true

• more_freggies76
    Options
    Hour commitment - I won't eat again until after 5 pm. None of the same foods at dinner as at lunch. Can still have my dose of metamusal.
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,342 Member
    Options
    Super tired and super busy today...

JFT Tuesday
    - Meetings from 7:00 - 4:00 :smiley:
    - Psych appt at 4:40 :smiley:
    - NAP :smiley:
    - Put away laundry :(
    - No alcohol :smiley:
    - Bed by 10:00 :smiley:

Got home from work yesterday evening ~5:00pm. Laid down and slept until 8:00pm. Hubby woke me up and asked how I liked the lighting in the kitchen. TBH, I didn't even look at the kitchen when I got home. I simply let the dog out and crashed. Hubby ordered Chinese for dinner. We ate, and back to bed I went (on the couch). I slept the whole night through, according to my watch it was even a restful sleep unlike the previous 2 evenings. Today has been super busy, but good. I've gotten some important projects submitted for review. Tonight is trivia night, so I will limit my alcohol to 1 beer/hour. I take my own diet soda to the bar. The bartenders find it hilarious that I dislike Coke products that much.

JFT Wednesday
    - Morning meetings :smiley:
    - One on one meetings :smiley:
    - Budget meetings :smiley:
    - Oversee DSC installation
    - Home by 6:00
    - Trivia
    - Limit alcohol
    - No late night snacks!
    - Shower
  • more_freggies76
    Options
    Hour commitment - After I finish my yogurt, I won't eat again until tomorrow.
  • reneweveryday
    reneweveryday Posts: 19 Member
    edited February 8
    Options
    Thank you @mytime6630! :) I must confess.. I did counter push-ups, working my way up too bench push-ups, knee push-ups. I could never do toe push-ups before. 1-3 maybe, we will see. You can also start with a *wall push-up with a short range of motion. I am starting slow.. and making strength training a part of my everyday life.
  • littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    quote="littleblackskirt;c-47928904"]
    JFT Wednesday 7th February

THINK before I eat ✅
    No snacking ✅
    No eating after 6.30 pm ❌
    PF exercises ✅
    Back exercises ❌
    Walk with friend ✅ snow stopped, nice walk in the woods

Looking forward to the walk today, walking with a friend is always better, it still hurts but the chat helps so much. Although it's been snowing since I got up, really hoping it stops soon or she won't be able to come.

[/quote]

JFT Thursday 8th February

THINK before I eat
    No snacking
    No eating after 6.30 pm
    PF exercises
    Back exercises
    Walk? Waiting in for plumber

• reneweveryday
    Options
    JFT Wednesday 02/07

Bible Study ✔️
    Water 64 oz. ✔️
    Steps 5000 + ✔️
    After Dinner 200 cals only ✖️
    Add to my Food Diary ✔️
    30 squats ✔️
    Declutter ✔️

• more_freggies76
    edited February 8
    Options
    JFT for 2/7/24 (yesterday)✔️
    1) No desserts today (last 1/25), unless I want sugarfree or no sugar added.✔️
    2) None of DH's stash ok today (including candy, chocolate raisins, peeps, ice cream).✔️
    3) No peanut butter ok today, 2.5 to 3 T (last 1/31)✔️
    4) Don't weigh again until 2/9✔️
    5) No hard cheese ok today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 2/4). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.✔️
    6) No honey ok today(1-3 Tbsp.). (last1/25) (a little in honey mustard ok)(last)✔️
    7) Nuts ok (22-30 g) or 12-14 in-the-shell nuts. (last 1/20) Additional nuts in a meal are ok. Like almonds already in green beans. Either nuts or trail mix, but not both.✔️
    8) No beef jerky today.✔️
    9) Chicken vienna sausage ok today (trying not to have higher sodium stuff everyday)(last 1/21)✔️
    10) Sweet potato and/or pumpkin ok today. (last 1/28)✔️Didn't eat today/i]
    11) Only 1 ice drink today.✔️
    12) A few tic-tacs as needed everyday. (No max for now, unless it's a problem)✔️
    13) Harvest Snaps(22-30 g) ok today. (last 2/5)✔️
    14) Tamales today.(last 2/5)✔️Didn't eat today/i]
    15) Lunch no more than 600 calories today.✔️
    17) Trail mix ok today.✔️
    JFT for 2/8/24 (today)✔️
    1) No desserts today (last 1/25), unless I want sugarfree or no sugar added.
    2) None of DH's stash ok today (including candy, chocolate raisins, peeps, ice cream).
    3) Peanut butter ok today, 2.5 to 3 T (last 1/31)
    4) Don't weigh again until 2/9
    5) Up to 2.0 oz hard cheese ok today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 2/4). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.
    6) No honey ok today(1-3 Tbsp.). (last1/25) (a little in honey mustard ok)(last)
    7) Nuts ok (22-30 g) or 12-14 in-the-shell nuts. (last 1/20) Additional nuts in a meal are ok. Like almonds already in green beans. Either nuts or trail mix, but not both.
    8) No beef jerky today.
    9) No chicken vienna sausage ok today (trying not to have higher sodium stuff everyday)(last 2/7)
    10) Sweet potato and/or pumpkin ok today. (last 1/28)
    11) Only 1 ice drink today.
    12) A few tic-tacs as needed everyday. (No max for now, unless it's a problem)
    13) No Harvest Snaps(22-30 g) ok today. (last 2/7)
    14) Tamales today.(last 2/5)
    15) Lunch no more than 600 calories today.
    17) No trail mix ok today.
    18) Can eat lunch early today due to lunch meeting.

================== 4DW started =============
    4DWs (4 Day Wins) are here, in a shared file:

Sample

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hrtqbsOInIWeA9sl8FLnEv-ignY21p8m/edit?usp=drive_link&ouid=108259155343870939869&rtpof=true&sd=true

• reneweveryday
    Options
    JFT Thursday 02/08

Bible Study
    Water 64 oz.
    Steps 5000 +
    After Dinner - 200 cals only
    Add to my Food Diary
    30 push-ups
    Clean

• pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,342 Member
    edited February 8
    Options

JFT Wednesday
    - Oversee DSC installation :smiley:
    - Home by 6:00 :smiley:
    - Trivia :smiley:
    - Limit alcohol :(
    - No late night snacks! :smiley:
    - Shower :(

Did good until I started playing pool last night. Drink too much, stayed out to late, but didn't really snack so that's a plus. Had a good time regardless. Had meetings this morning, and watched them finish up the DSC installation. Now I have a fairly light afternoon. Going to meet my youngest daughter after work today to take her some dress clothes and meds. Maybe we'll do dinner if she isn't too crunched for time.

2.5 weeks into the kitchen project, and I'm really starting to see it come together. Still needs backsplash, countertops & trim, but that will likely happen next week. I'm excited! Ignore the dents in the refrigerator door. That is getting replaced when the part comes in.
    jcuwp043ll4f.jpg
    nrzyumkd5lq8.jpg
    2ec8hq9w8ukz.jpg
    bexabe8j7d0j.jpg

JFT Thursday
    - Work by 8:00 :smiley:
    - Meetings until 11:30 :smiley:
    - Work on Chemical Hygiene Plan
    - More meetings in the afternoon
    - Go to mom's to sort bills
    - Drive to Canton
    - Visit
    - Drive home
    - No alcohol
    - shower
    - bed
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,492 Member
    Options
    Guess I never posted JFT yesterday, but would have been my usual. I did log food and dog and I took advantage of record-setting warm day (45F when our normal is 27F) to walk 4.04 miles. Happy dog & happy me. Today is planned rest day.

JFT 2/8 R ~ planned rest day
    1) Log all food / 64+ oz. water
    2) Wish SW happy bday / call Mom / wash sheets & fleece blankets / shoe shop online (winter sale) / balance bank accounts / update budget s/s / free annual credit report / read / digital declutter / other?

About me:
    I'm Carmela
    This is my lifestyle. It's. Not. A. Diet.
    Height 5'4"
    66 yrs old
    Reside in Green Bay, WI, USA

2024 Goals:
    1) Ultimate goal weight 150#... I'll be thrilled if I can get back down to 160# this year
    • Post weekly weigh-in on MFP for accountability. Saturday a.m. is my "official" weigh-in day, and I track daily on a separate app (for the visual). My digital scale only shows half pound increments & I'm too cheap to buy a fancier scale.
    • Take measurements & log on MFP every month end
    2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
    • Try new recipes Unfortunately, no wall oven until mid-Feb or later & sad me, but try slow cooker & stove recipes
    3) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x):
    January: 5 days x2wks, 4x1, 3x1, 1x1 [1 wk lots of snow & 1 wk bitter cold so shoveling, treadmill & PT, 1 wk 4 day trips out of town]
    • Walk dog 3-4 miles, treadmill when necessary in winter, weights/my home version of circuit & other x-training
    • PT (physical therapy) exercises to strengthen arthritic knees & hip flexor
    4) MapMyWalk app You Vs. the Year 1,024km challenge started on Jan. 1
    • In 2023 I logged 726.88 miles, or 1,169.8 km & completed yearly challenge 11.14.23 :star:
    • In 2022 I logged 500.4 miles, or 805km (knee issues).
    5) At least 7,500 steps per day
    • I can earn $10 every month on my Medicare Advantage Plan with 10+ days of 7,500 steps:
      January
    6) Participate in my favorite area races ~ I walk, I do not run
    • Registered 12.29.23 for Bellin 10K race on 6.8.24 & eligible to have race fee waived
    • Register for my other usual events, and add other possible events
    7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together
    • Always a good idea
    8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states)
    • Visit parents 1-2 times each month, phone calls in between ~ they're in their late 80s and live 90 miles away
      canceled visit 1.12-1.13 due to blizzard
      canceled visit 1.21-1.22 due Mom's bad cold
      Mom's bday visit 1.31 with all siblings, in-laws & aunt
    • Monthly contact with former colleagues/others, now that I'm retired
      1.7.24 HH came over & visited at my invitation
      1.28.24 great-nephew's baptism affirmation in Oakfield, WI
      2.2.24 cousin's funeral & saw parents, 2 brothers, most aunts/uncles, few cousins
    9) Declutter bedroom, home office, basement, books in living room
    • Not as much progress as I hoped last year, but not worse.

Keeping my Word for the Year: Tenacity ~ persistent determination; the mental strength to resist opposition, danger or hardship
  • more_freggies76
    Options
    Hour commitment - I won't eat again until after 5 pm. None of the same foods at dinner as at lunch. Can still have my dose of metamusal.
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,082 Member
    Options

JFT Wednesday
    - Oversee DSC installation :smiley:
    - Home by 6:00 :smiley:
    - Trivia :smiley:
    - Limit alcohol :(
    - No late night snacks! :smiley:
    - Shower :(

Did good until I started playing pool last night. Drink too much, stayed out to late, but didn't really snack so that's a plus. Had a good time regardless. Had meetings this morning, and watched them finish up the DSC installation. Now I have a fairly light afternoon. Going to meet my youngest daughter after work today to take her some dress clothes and meds. Maybe we'll do dinner if she isn't too crunched for time.

2.5 weeks into the kitchen project, and I'm really starting to see it come together. Still needs backsplash, countertops & trim, but that will likely happen next week. I'm excited! Ignore the dents in the refrigerator door. That is getting replaced when the part comes in.
    jcuwp043ll4f.jpg
    nrzyumkd5lq8.jpg
    2ec8hq9w8ukz.jpg
    bexabe8j7d0j.jpg

JFT Thursday
    - Work by 8:00 :smiley:
    - Meetings until 11:30 :smiley:
    - Work on Chemical Hygiene Plan
    - More meetings in the afternoon
    - Go to mom's to sort bills
    - Drive to Canton
    - Visit
    - Drive home
    - No alcohol
    - shower
    - bed

I'd love to have a fridge like that!! Minus the dents of course 😂 but finding a house to rent with space to put one is harder than you think x
  • Bex953172
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    Weekly Goals
    - Say 'No' to myself.❌❌
    - Reduce sugar intake✅❌
    - Sundays - Weekly Review

JFT Wednesday AND THURSDAY
    - Log ALL food✅✅
    - Swap out 'bad snacks' for fruit✅❌
    - Get atleast 6 waters in✅❌
    - Be within calorie goal
    - DONT EAT BACK EXERCISE CALORIES!!❌❌

Tips & Tricks
    - Feeling peckish? Have a drink first!
    - Write my goals somewhere noticeable (off the app)
    - Log as I eat so I don't forget anything
    - Tell myself "no" out loud! Not just in my mind!
    - Fat Me Vs Thin Me! (Fat Me wants to eat the junk food, but Thin Me wouldn't do that, so be more like Thin me!)

Okay so forgot to check back in on Wednesday. Had too many wines 😂 but was oddly still within my calories goals. Although I think I did alot of walking yesterday.
    And then today I was busy so forgot to log on this morning's for todays goals!
    So seeing as the day is nearly up, Ive marked off each day with a ✅ or ❌, first one for Wednesday and 2nd one for Thursday.

Today I've ate like utter cr@p, McDonald's for breakfast, pizza for lunch, having a light and fairly healthy dinner but I have snacks for later which I DO plan on eating. I know I should be stronger. But I feel like I need this one day. Plus I've been walking around again all day today with nearly 20K steps!! so I think I deserve a little break for today!
  • more_freggies76
    Options
    Hour commitment - I won't eat again until tomorrow.
  • littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 963 Member
    Options

JFT Thursday 8th February

THINK before I eat ✅
    No snacking ❌
    No eating after 6.30 pm ❌
    PF exercises ✅
    Back exercises ❌
    Walk? Waiting in for plumber ❌

Thursday wasn't great, I did think before I ate, but still made the bad choices! Twice I had an unnecessary snack. Plumber and joiner both turned up, but the rest of the day I was a bit unsettled and not sure what to do with myself. I was also cold all day. I didn't go for a walk as it was so bitter out. looking forward to spring!

I need to remind myself why I'm doing this, it's so easy to lose focus.

JFT Friday 9th February

THink before I eat
    No snacking
    No eating after 6.30 pm
    PF exercises
    Back exercises
    Grocery shopping
    Drop off charity donations

• Bex953172
    Options
    Even after my bad day yesterday I was still within my calories by 43! But I still ate in excess in my opinion.

Hopefully have a good day today. Just bought a few snacks from the shop now but as long as I limit my intake to reasonable portions I should be able to make it work!

Weekly Goals
    - Say 'No' to myself.
    - Reduce sugar intake
    - Sundays - Weekly Review

JFT Friday
    - Log ALL food
    - Swap out 'bad snacks' for fruit
    - Get atleast 6 waters in
    - Be within calorie goal
    - DONT EAT BACK EXERCISE CALORIES!!

Tips & Tricks
    - Feeling peckish? Have a drink first!
    - Write my goals somewhere noticeable (off the app)
    - Log as I eat so I don't forget anything
    - Tell myself "no" out loud! Not just in my mind!
    - Fat Me Vs Thin Me! (Fat Me wants to eat the junk food, but Thin Me wouldn't do that, so be more like Thin me!)