Counts

Options
Do I eat the same calories on the weekends as I do for the week.

Replies

• ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,370 Member
    edited February 9
    Options
    yes, unless you 'bank' extra calories for the weekend by eating lower on 1 or more weekdays.
  • texasbbaygirl972
    texasbbaygirl972 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    ccrdragon wrote: »
    yes, unless you 'bank' extra calories for the weekend by eating lower on 1 or more weekdays.

I have you eat lower calories on one weekend
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,838 Member
    Options
    ccrdragon wrote: »

I have you eat lower calories on one weekend

Timing doesn't matter. If your calorie goal is (making up a number) 1500 daily, that's 10,500 per week. You'll get about the same weekly results whether you eat exactly 1500 every day, or 1400 on 5 days and 1750 on 2 days, or some other breakdown.

The scale readings may be a little uneven if you eat more some days that others (because of more food waste in your digestive tract on the way to the exit after higher days, so a little extra scale weight the next day or so). But the long-run average weight change will be the same.

It's not healthy to eat crazy low a lot of days, in order to eat ultra-high a couple of days, but you can vary the daily calories within reason as long as you average around goal for the week.