LESS Alcohol ~ FEBRUARY 2024 ~ One Day at A Time

Options

Replies

• forestdweller1
    forestdweller1 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    @LoveyChar ...losing a beloved furry family member is so hard. What you are doing in her memory is very special. <3
  • Womona
    Womona Posts: 1,605 Member
    Options
    @LoveyChar so sorry for the loss of your beloved dog. It’s so hard, they are like family. Your memorials sound lovely.

@tmbg1 sorry to hear you are struggling this month. I empathize. We’re here for you.
  • Michieb125
    Michieb125 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Decorated the house yesterday with my DDIL and we’re almost ready for the birthday/Super Bowl! Will make snacks closer to the afternoon and we have our NA beer and virgin mojitos ready to go. Had my good white wine yesterday instead, and realized today that I didn’t measure my ounces, hence more than my limit. This is another habit I’m incorporating this month (more accurate tracking) for myself.
    Aiming for 4 NA days in a row starting today.

May your NFL team play well today (ok, and WIN)!! 🏈🏈🏈
  • itladyee
    itladyee Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options
    Goals for February
    Kinda Dry February
    Limit drinking to weekends and special occasions
    Drink Friday or Saturday, None on Sunday (exception Superbowl)
    Weekend 2/2
    Anniversary Dinner 2/7
    Weekend 2/9 ~ Superbowl
    Weekend 2/16
    Weekend 2/23
    Goal AF = 23 +
    Current Streak - AF = 0
    Longest Streak - AF = 16

Happy Puppy Bowl and Superbowl!!!!

A = 2
    W = 6
    AF = 3
    A=Non Wine Alcohol
    Month Recap by Day
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    2/1 ✅️
    2/2 ✅️
    2/3 🍷
    2/4 🍸
    2/5 ✅️
    2/6 🍷
    2/7 🍸Anniversary >Impromptu dinner out. Thought oven would be fixed by now. Husband had planned to make dinner at home and we go out Saturday. We are still going out Saturday :)
    2/8 🍷
    2/9 🍷
    2/10 🍷
    2/11 🍷
    2/12
    2/13
    2/14
    2/15
    2/16
    2/17
    2/18
    2/19
    2/20
    2/21
    2/22
    2/23
    2/24
    2/25
    2/26
    2/27
    2/28
    2/29
    2024 Stats
    January
    AF = 87%
    A = 13%
    February
    AF =
    A =
    2023 Stats Detailed
    January
    AF = 53%
    A = 47%
    February
    AF = 29%
    A = 71%
    March
    AF = 0%
    A = 100%
    April
    AF = 14%
    A = 86%
    May
    AF = 23%
    A = 77%
    June
    AF = 27%
    A = 73%
    July
    AF = 0%
    A = 100%
    August
    AF = 0%
    A = 100%
    September
    AF= 0%
    A= 100%
    October
    AF= 0%
    Wine=100%
    A= 100%
    November - Assumed
    AF= 0%
    Wine=100%
    A= 100%
    December - Assumed
    AF= 0%
    Wine=100%
    A= 100%
  • lmlmrn
    lmlmrn Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone,
    Took me a bit to catch up on all your posts. Sorry for the family/dog loss. We lost our girl over 10 years ago and just never could bring ourselves to search for another.
    Relative(s)/family members who indulge aI bit much is a tough call. I know I sure denied any thought that there may be a problem being a daily drinker for 25+ years. And yes you have to be ready for a change and then put in the work......as they say work in progress-that would be me.

I am staying pretty much AF these past 6-8 weeks. However last week we went out twice and I had my IPA's both times. BUT the big game? Not a drop, go figure.

This weeks plan is we are doing an 'escape room' on Saturday for my SIL + DH combined birthdays. Then out to dinner. I may or may not have a beer, most likely not. I don't like to have an alcoholic drink then drive home, especially a longer distance on unfamiliar highways.

I have to say the scale has only seen increases, I seem to be replacing the sugars from A with snacking. I just can't seem to rein this one in yet.
    We joined the YMCA this weekend, and plan to swim 5 mornings a week, I may skip a swim for step aerobics which I enjoy. We will see, but it is great to do this with DH.

• pettycoatjunction
    pettycoatjunction Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    AF 🟰 7
    🍷 🟰 5
  • Womona
    Options
    AF 🟰 6
    🍷 🟰 5

After a boozy weekend (less than I would have drank 3 months ago, but still more than I needed) the scale was not playing nice this morning. Definitely a combination of empty alcohol calories and party snacks. Yikes!!!

OMG me too!!! What is it about cheese and crackers, chips and dip and pizza bagels that make me want to feed at the trough??? All Super Bowl Food, plus 3 glasses of wine meant I was wearing my stretchy pants yesterday! Haha!
  • Womona
    Options
    xbowhunter wrote: »
    Good morning my less alcohol friends!
    As per usual I ate and drank too much over the weekend. Time to be AF this week to get rid of the water weight... uggggg!

A = 7
    AF = 4

Feeling your pain, there, Big Guy!
  • Womona
    Options
    I had a lot on my mind yesterday, and my planned one glass of wine turned into one and a half. Not horrible, still in my calories for the day. However, I was starting to feel the effects of that extra half glass of wine and slept poorly last night. Luckily today it’s snowing, a lot of things are closed, and I see a nap in my future!