Whatcha reading?

Options
I just finished "Those Across the River" by Christopher Buehlman last night and OMG it scared the crap out of me! Like, nervous to turn off the lights kind of creeped out. I loved it! I haven't read a GOOD scary book in a long time.

What are you reading?

Replies

• asyouseefit
    asyouseefit Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    Starting the 3rd tome of Millenium tonight!
  • Sarahp0903
    Options
    am currently reading The Help. It is really good. I have a stack of books I still have to read. :)
  • jad54
    jad54 Posts: 192
    Options
    Just finished American Psycho. I'm starting Lone Survivor tonight. Talk about going from one extreme to the other.
  • angryguy77
    angryguy77 Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    this thread
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    this thread

:laugh:

I just picked up the new Patricia Cornwell book...Port Mortuary (the latest Scarpetta novel); but I haven't started it yet.
  • elfy66
    elfy66 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I'm reading the Lovers by John Connolly. It's one of the Charlie Parker detective series. When I finish that I have the new book by my favourite author - Michael Marshall Smith, it was a birthday present and I'm really looking forward to it :)
  • crazytxmom
    crazytxmom Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    The Gift of Dyslexia

Trying to understand how my daughter's thoughts differ from mine so I can better help her with school.
  • DestinyDarbi
    DestinyDarbi Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I'm taking a Young Adult Lit class.. so all my books are from the juvenile section :blushing: I just read Unwind by Neal Schusterman... I loved it!
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    I just finished "Those Across the River" by Christopher Buehlman last night and OMG it scared the crap out of me! Like, nervous to turn off the lights kind of creeped out. I loved it! I haven't read a GOOD scary book in a long time.

What are you reading?

Have you read "False Memory" by Dean Koontz????? Seriously gave me anxiety attacks it was so scary. I had to throw the book away just to get it out of my house!

That's when I was slightly younger. Now I'm reading "Mere Christianity", but not sure if I can say that here.....
  • Bonita_Lynne_58
    Bonita_Lynne_58 Posts: 2,845 Member
    Options
    Book #4 of Diana Gabaldon's Voyager Series. Great books!:bigsmile:
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options

What are you reading?

Have you read "False Memory" by Dean Koontz????? Seriously gave me anxiety attacks it was so scary. I had to throw the book away just to get it out of my house!

That's when I was slightly younger. Now I'm reading "Mere Christianity", but not sure if I can say that here.....

You just reminded me of the episode of Friends where Joey put his copy of The Shining in the freezer because he was scared of it :smile:
  • gods_gal
    Options
    I read before I go to sleep and 'm in the final two of the Baxter series by Karen Kingsbury. I also have a stack on my bedside table with The Help and Lies Women Believe. I'm also reading Made to Crave and Breaking Free. Those are the ones I read when I have time during the day. Made to Crave has really helped me understand my food addiction. :smile:
  • JanLeb
    JanLeb Posts: 316 Member
    Options

What are you reading?

That was an awesome book!! I love a good scarey book.

I just picked up Help so I think that will be my next read, even though I have a shelf full of books I have not read yet :happy:
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    I'm reading the Night Huntress books by Jeaniene Frost and the Fever series by Karen Marie Moning (alternating books as I get them from the library ordering system). Both are good light reading involving vampires and other mythical stuff.

Also listening to the Hunger Games series in the car. I've got a 45 minute commute so this is a great way to pass the time... Anyway, would definitely recommend this series - I'm more than halfway through the 2nd book right now and am so eager to see what happens next!
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I'm listening to Book 2 of the Mortal Instruments series. It's...ok I guess. It's what I have on hand and will do.
  • TooFatToFit
    TooFatToFit Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    The Birth House by (I think) Ami McKay.

I used to be a Dean Koontz fanatic, but he got TOO dark for me.
  • amfmmama
    amfmmama Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    The Help. Love it. Wish I had more time to read it. I want to finish it before I see the movie.
  • jend114
    jend114 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I'm reading the Night Huntress books by Jeaniene Frost and the Fever series by Karen Marie Moning (alternating books as I get them from the library ordering system). Both are good light reading involving vampires and other mythical stuff.

Also listening to the Hunger Games series in the car. I've got a 45 minute commute so this is a great way to pass the time... Anyway, would definitely recommend this series - I'm more than halfway through the 2nd book right now and am so eager to see what happens next!

loved the hunger games series, I can't wait for the movies to come out!
  • smily_001
    smily_001 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I read before I go to sleep and 'm in the final two of the Baxter series by Karen Kingsbury. I also have a stack on my bedside table with The Help and Lies Women Believe. I'm also reading Made to Crave and Breaking Free. Those are the ones I read when I have time during the day. Made to Crave has really helped me understand my food addiction. :smile:

I LOVE Karen Kingsbury, I have read all her books and waiting for the new one..
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    I'm reading a bunch of psychology applied behavior analysis related textbooks, books, and journal articles.
    But for leisure read- any suggestions? I love to read but I need to find the time to read more for leisure... Lol I need a break from reading books related to my career path lol