October Challenge OPEN all month

Options

Replies

• robynrae_1
    robynrae_1 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    I would like to join I need to get back on track, I have been making some not so good choices.
    I will post my weight on Friday. I live in Wisconsin the land of cheese, brats and beer.
  • actresskat
    actresskat Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'd like to join in. I'll let you know my details tomorrow by filling in the form. I'm 26 and from the UK
  • mabelebam
    mabelebam Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    O.K. here is the spreadsheet I came up with. If you are not doing the measurements, then I will just delete you from that section to make reading it easier. When you weigh in and do measurements, please let me know pounds/kilo and cm/inches. This way we can compare apples to apples so to speak.

PLEASE let me know if this works!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AqxTXEpIQxabdGR1U05jNGVkMTBLTi1kWmFvZk9RWEE&hl=en_US#gid=0

hey Jenn, the spreadsheet looks good! here's my current stats for the spreadsheet.

Start weight: 194lbs/88kg (as of 24 Sept 2011)
    Personal goal weight for end of October: 187lbs/85kg

Measurements:
    Waist: 34
    Chest: 45
    R. Leg: 18
    L. Leg: 18
    Arm: 13.5
    Hips: 43

Thanks! xx
  • Dreamin_Skinny
    Options
    I'm in.
    I'm not measuring though. I'm excited.
  • amber11132122
    Options
    Here is my stats

SW: 195
    Chest: 47
    waist: 45
    Hips: 46
  • sherrylwilson
    sherrylwilson Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Add me in too, please! Thanks!
  • laurenmXD
    laurenmXD Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Hi,im really sorry but i cant open the spreadsheet on my tablet so could someone add me on please. Im not measuring but my current wieght is 184lbs.
    Thankyou x
  • Akemy_M
    Options
    Hey Jen,

Here in Brazil we speak Portuguese, is kind of similar to Spanish, but I've never really learned Spanish, for me it is very hard, so English is my second language, I'm used to reading and listening, and I dont usually speak ou write much in English, so really thank you for the compliment! :)
    Here in Brazil we have a really great local cuisine, in each different reagion of the country there are different specialities. In my State (Bahia - google up some images, is quite pretty) we have a lot of African influences in the kitchen, a lot of fish and seafood. One of the most famous dish from Bahia is "moqueca", is a kind of seafood dish, it can be made with fish, shrimps, shellfish, etc (also google it up, if you like the looks of it I will send you my family recipie), but althought is delicious is very very caloric.
    In the south of Brazil there are a lot of barbecue, that is kind of diferent of the barbecue from the US...

Ohhh, BTW, the spreadsheet works!! :)
  • tsvamp
    Options
    I am just starting this but I am in. Need to loose 75 LBS and need some kind of challenge to do so.
  • jellybean1971
    jellybean1971 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Hi, jennmoore3 the spread sheet looks awesome, looking forward to the challlenges. Do you want our weights now or on Friday. I'm just doing weight not measurments
  • Emwalker3406
    Emwalker3406 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad I came across this!!! I would love to join I need the motivation and accountability.
    My CW is 192
    Sept measurements
    Chest 42.25
    Hips 44.25
    Thighs 26.5
    Waist 38.5
    Arm 12.5
  • iuangina
    iuangina Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    I'm new here and I would like to join. What do I need to do?
  • tlwicklund
    Options
    where on the arm do you measure?
  • scubagirl86
    scubagirl86 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    I am interested in joining this challenge.
    I am going to be out of town, away from a computer, all weekend so I will post my stats tomorrow. I will be in Powell River, BC, Scuba Diving all weekend. It is usually about a 500+ calorie loss per dive and we are doing 3-4 per day on Friday and Saturday then 2 on Sunday before heading home. I think this will be a good boost to start October. I am looking forward to this Challenge.

I am 24 and will be turning 25 November 4th so it would be nice to have a bunch of weight loss before my birthday. I started out on MFP at 185lbs and am now 171lbs (as of last fridays weigh in) I will hopefully be in the 160's when I weigh myself tomorrow. I just got a new hair cut and coloured my hair to give me a boost for changing my lifestyle.
  • knkmfp
    knkmfp Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I weighed today and have gone up by 0.2kg, so about half a pound. I had a busy weekend socially, and although I thought I'd tracked everything and ended up under for the week, I guess I didn't.

I can't enter my weight into the sheet for some reason, but it's 89.8kg. I'll measure at some other stage.
  • ChubzMcGee
    Options
    I want to join please :) i'm on holiday for 1st week in october so i'll have some catching up to do when i get back! hope to pack in lots of swimming and walking though while i'm away. x
  • mdm3
    mdm3 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Count me in. We can do this!
  • kristennwinter
    kristennwinter Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join!! My start weight is 227!
  • brandynicole28
    brandynicole28 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I would love to join also!!!!!! Friday weigh-in sounds great!!! Will try to get my measurements by then also!! I'm really excited!!! :)
  • jennmoore3
    jennmoore3 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    O.K. sorry in advance for this being too long... Wow, I go to work and the thread explodes! LOVE IT!!!

Everyone is added. The page is set up where only I can add on it. Not sure why. So just on weigh day Friday message me your weight. We will only measure at the beginning and the end. To make life easier. We are now up to 36 of us! Woo Hoo! Very exciting!

If you weigh in on different days of the week then friday, to make things simple, just send me that weight on friday. A week is a week any way you slice it, so I'm flexible.

Iuangina, We do weekly weigh in's then a few weekly challenges. Nothing too hard. We all have lives and kids and such so I promise it will be easy. Just post on the thread how the challenges are going. If you don't do them, it's ok, just post it, and we can give you the push you need/want. :)

tlwicklund, that is why I don't measure. I heard if you don't do it in the same spot it is useless. maybe someone else can help you???

Chubz, really all you HAVE to do is weigh in. If you have access to internet, you can get the challenges, and maybe do some. Week 1 is "getting back to the basics" type of stuff.

I am still working on the week 1 challenges. because some of you are going to be MIA, I will try to post them either tonight or tomorrow, so you can see what to do while you are gone. I hope I got to everyone!

Jenn