What's Your Favorite Music To Work Out To?

Options
Hej Alle(:
I was wondering what your favorite music was to listen to when you wake up?! I know I don't have a prayer of burning more than 50 calories without my beats blasting(: Right now some of my favorites on my workout playlist are...
Pon De Floor - Major Lazer
Party Rock Anthem - LMFAO
Que Te Mueve Merengue - Zumba Fitness
Danza Kudura - Don Omar
Who Luv*s You - DJ Lindsay Live (http://www.societeperriershare.com/FILES/AUDIO/DJ Lindsay Luv x Societe Perrier.mp3)

Replies

• acciomuscles
    acciomuscles Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I actually listen to Harry Potter on audiobook when I run! It keeps my mind occupied and sometimes I forget I'm even running! ;-)
  • Broken_
    Broken_ Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I make my own workout mixes... (LMFAO, Brit Spears, Ke$ha, etc)...

Dance style stuff with a twist ;)

http://www.digitalcampground.com/dance/

The mixes at the bottom of the page are the newest. (right click, save as... to keep a copy OR just left click to listen/stream)
  • nanegan
    nanegan Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I also listen to books - currently listening to the "Iron Druid" series.
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I actually listen to Harry Potter on audiobook when I run! It keeps my mind occupied and sometimes I forget I'm even running! ;-)

I'm listening to the new book in the 'Games of Thrones' series while I work out. Audiobooks are a great distraction!
  • penelofur
    penelofur Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I sometimes do this too! :happy:
  • IamEric
    Options
    Mine is a mixture of classic rock, rap and some favorite dance tunes.
  • DanOhh
    DanOhh Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    This is today's favorite — Foster The People-Pumped Up Kicks (Dubstep Remix) — http://youtu.be/tPCWpnjcT3M
  • cruiseking
    cruiseking Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Shaggy's - Hot Shot, Motley Crue - Live, Bob Marley - Legend. To name a few.
  • penelofur
    penelofur Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I like to listen to audiobooks or podcasts (because I can just tune out).

If I really need to kick it then I usually download an episode of Indie Soup Runner.

http://www.indiesouprunner.com/

They keep me motivated because I need to listen to the whole episode to hear all of the songs (it is one long file). Bonus work out longer AND get to hear new bands!
  • missjessica83
    Options
    bump - will reply in a mo :)
  • Mixmode
    Mixmode Posts: 332
    Options
    Pon De Floor - Major Lazer

Great song last year!

Check out Eddie Halliwell's Cream Ibiza mixes and A.Skillz!

Also, Stanton Warriors & Plump DJ's!
  • sandrinamsilva
    sandrinamsilva Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Chingy - Dem Jeans Gets me movin at the gym!
  • MadPanda75
    MadPanda75 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I do zumba A LOT, and now I LOVE the music they have. The best part is when I'll have a particular song stuck in my head during the day at the office and after work I go to zumba and its playing--I KILL IT! I shake my booty like noone's business! :happy:

Top 6 Songs:

1) On the Floor by Jennifer Lopez feat. Pitbull
    2) Rabiosa by Shakira
    3) Party Rock Anthem by LMFAO
    4) Boom Boom Shake Shake Drop by Flo Rida feat Pitbull
    5) Shake Senora by Pitbull
    6) Panic Switch by Silversun Pickups * not a zumba song but I just want to move when I hear it, I feel like a total BAMF!
  • MegSommer
    MegSommer Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Bump, im always looking for new songs to add to the ol' work out list... :o)
  • auntdeedee87
    auntdeedee87 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    I love old-school 90s stuff. I'll put my Pandora app to a Salt 'N Pepa station and let it choose for me.

Also, some days I really love to power walk to praise & worship music.
  • amy1810
    amy1810 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I like to listen to all different types of music depending on my mood but when I need to push myslef really hard I ALWAYS listen to my husbands music - lots of Metallic, Disturbed, Rammstein etc (angry music as my mum calls it hahaha) it motivates me to work harder! :smile:
  • TheBraveryLover
    TheBraveryLover Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    I only listen to Alternative and Indie Rock. Lately, I've been on this All-American Rejects kick with my workouts though. :smile:
  • iZachy
    Options
    I listen to rap, primarily it being motivational or what not.

In no particular order:

On My Way - DJ Khaled [VERY GOOD SONG TO RUN TO]
    We Takin Over - DJ Khaled [Another VERY GOOD SONG TO RUN TO]
    Ghetto - Akon
    Lose Yourself - Eminem
    Yellow Brick Road - Eminem
    Victory - DJ Khaled [ANOTHER EXTREMMMELY GOOD SONG]
    Starin' At The World Through My Rear view - 2Pac [AMAZING SONG]
    Until The End Of Time - 2Pac [AMAZING SONG]

... The list goes on and on and on
  • lacewitch
    lacewitch Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    have lost my ipod. need to find a new budget mp3 for running but am dreading the tune changeover.

my favourite song at the moment is just jack - glory days. It makes me smile and i move my feet. great to run or hoop too!
  • Play_outside
    Play_outside Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Looks like I'm a minority here-I listen to a lot of indie, surf rock, reggae, and ska for working out. It makes me feel happy and upbeat and I swear it helps my feet move. If I had the money I'd love to do something like Zumba, except that I mostly HATE dance type music so I don't think I would enjoy it haha.
    Some faves for me are: Bob Marley, faster Mishka songs, a bit of Jack Johnson, Daniel Wesley, Current Swell, faster Jon and Roy, Giraffe Aftermath, and others.