Boyfriend trouble

Options
lbrockman2197
lbrockman2197 Posts: 10 Member
My boyfriend told me a couple days ago that our relationship won’t last til next month because I recently decided to be abstinent. But yesterday he took me on this amazing date. He gave me valentines gifts, took me to a nice Italian dinner and belted songs in the car with me. I love him but if he’s serious I don’t know what to do. Why’s he sending me mixed signals?

Replies

• TorontoDiane
    TorontoDiane Posts: 1,413 Member
    Options
    mixed signals happen when communication breaks down... it happens far too often sadly
  • Adventurista
    Adventurista Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Hold your ground. Pressure does not equal real respect.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,595 Member
    Options
    He was hoping you'd reconsider putting out if he wowed you.

Is this decision a temporary thing?
  • Songbird_30
    Songbird_30 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    He made the effort to see if you might change your mind.
    He shouldn’t give you ultimatums it’s your body and your decision, if he truly cares he will respect it.
  • itchmyTwitch
    itchmyTwitch Posts: 3,811 Member
    edited February 18
    Options
    Revolu7 wrote: »
    My boyfriend told me a couple days ago that our relationship won’t last til next month because I recently decided to be abstinent. But yesterday he took me on this amazing date. He gave me valentines gifts, took me to a nice Italian dinner and belted songs in the car with me. I love him but if he’s serious I don’t know what to do. Why’s he sending me mixed signals?

Were you always abstinent in this relationship or is it something you changed in the relationship recently? You of course have every right to make your own decisions on your body and beliefs. Any one who cares about you should respect this. However, in an adult relationship if a dynamic of it changes where one party is no longer happy, that party has every right to not want to be in the relationship any longer. Respect goes both ways. And difference in beleifs on what is important to a relationship should be respected on both sides.

I would add this. If you were always abstinent in your relationship then your bf knew what was up and should not have a problem with it now. Also, if he is trying to manipulate you to try and change your mind that is a d nozzle move and you should kick him to the curb.

As an adult a person has every right to say i do not want to be in a sexless relationship just as much as someone that says they want to be abstinent. The only thing that each has to do is respect the opinion of each other.

That’s a good point

Something about this post tingles my Spidey senses
  • Revolu7
    Revolu7 Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options

Were you always abstinent in this relationship or is it something you changed in the relationship recently? You of course have every right to make your own decisions on your body and beliefs. Any one who cares about you should respect this. However, in an adult relationship if a dynamic of it changes where one party is no longer happy, that party has every right to not want to be in the relationship any longer. Respect goes both ways. And difference in beleifs on what is important to a relationship should be respected on both sides.

I would add this. If you were always abstinent in your relationship then your bf knew what was up and should not have a problem with it now. Also, if he is trying to manipulate you to try and change your mind that is a d nozzle move and you should kick him to the curb.

As an adult a person has every right to say i do not want to be in a sexless relationship just as much as someone that says they want to be abstinent. The only thing that each has to do is respect the opinion of each other.

That’s a good point

Yup, i get that feeling too
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,042 Member
    Options

That’s a good point

I always assume these are troll post - but hopefully it works out for op
  • PaperDoll_
    PaperDoll_ Posts: 32,845 Member
    edited February 19
    Options
    😐
  • cowsfan12
    Options
    PaperDoll_ wrote: »
    😐

You give the best advice !
  • PaperDoll_
    Options
    cowsfan12 wrote: »
    😐

Thank you. And I just want you to know, we can continue to be friends whether you put out of not. 🤗

Though some chocolate once in awhile would be nice.
  • cowsfan12
    Options
    😐

Thank you. And I just want you to know, we can continue to be friends whether you put out of not. 🤗

How do you feel about sweeet and sour candies ?? Sour straws - sour patch kids and what not - otherwise I guess I’ll have to put out 🤷‍♂️
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,523 Member
    Options
    Sex is very important to me. So if all of a sudden the decision of my SO was to abstain from having it, then I would likely move on.
    But this doesn't sound like an adult relationship.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 35+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,595 Member
    Options
    Isn't lent coming up? That's what I was thinking.
  • PaperDoll_
    Options
    😐

How do you feel about sweeet and sour candies ?? Sour straws - sour patch kids and what not - otherwise I guess I’ll have to put out 🤷‍♂️

No sour candies! When should I expect you?
  • avamurawski123
    avamurawski123 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Relationship are hard but he might be confused himself.
  • PaperDoll_
    Options

In all seriousness, I’m very sorry your boyfriend lost both his hands. It’s probably been hard for him to adapt. ❤️
  • PaperDoll_
    edited February 19
    Options

In all seriousness, I’m very sorry your boyfriend lost both his hands. It’s probably been hard for him to adapt. ❤️

Also, without the use of his hands, I can see why you don’t mind abstaining. 🤭 Okay I’m done now.. 🚪 🦒
  • itchmyTwitch
    edited February 19
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »
    Isn't lent coming up? That's what I was thinking.

It’s Lent now, except I don’t think you count Sundays. Oh wait. It’s Monday isn’t it
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options

I think I missed that chapter